Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• T_C_E said:
    I think I know who nutting2c is and if I'm correct he's well known to many on CL and is definitely well informed.
    Look back at recent tweets from this account and you'll know for sure. Should be interesting to see what happens next.
    Not sure I understand why he’s created another Twitter account to talk about it though.
    Pretty obvious who it is 🤷‍♀️
    He’s a successful businessman I’m guessing he’s using it for that reason, to my knowledge he has 3 accounts. 
    But it’s obvious it’s the same Geezer 🤷‍♀️
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

We are in serious trouble by the sounds of things 
    Check our accounts and see how much the club loses each year. Who do you think covers those losses?
    I’ve seen the accounts. It just does not add up, there are far too many negative stories coming out of the club from multiple sources. 

I would love to be wrong. 

But sadly there is no smoke without fire. 
    What does not add up?
    What are you hinting at, but not saying?

The club is losing £8M pa and TS has said he's attempting to reduce expenditure by £2M this year and increase revenue by £2M to halve the loss to £4M.

He has said he plans for the same next year to be able to reach break even.

So yes there are loads of redundancies and cost saving measures.
    OK, so how do you think he'll be able to increase revenue ? Continuing to increase ticket prices each tear ? Hmmm, that went well this time round. Hospitality ? Isn't the take up already poor compared to previous seasons, mainly due to value for money. Shirt sponsorship ? Have you seen how few have been taken up thus far this season ? Mega events staged at The Valley ? Possibly one per close season but that would be about it IMO. 

He talks the talk, but hasn't the foggiest how to walk the walk. 

I'd far rather listen to the words of someone who knows much more than any of us do - a certain Airman Brown. 

Break even in L1 or indeed the Championship ? You're having a laugh !  

Finally, the staff redundancies & cost saving measures....Haven't you read the testaments on here regarding the lack of balls, kits AND coaches at our respected Academy ? Club being run by a skeleton staff with no guarantees of replacements and no micro managing RM now on site ( though some might say thank the feck!) Who is in charge on a daily basis these days ? And how long before the cutbacks in this area start to directly affect the faithful ? 

I honestly can't believe you've made that post, CE. 

Oh & don't forget that  loan from a fan recently. Why on earth would this successful business man need that only a couple of months into a new season ? 

Answers on a pc, please. 
    I think you're assuming I agree with what TS said. I don't.
    I doubt he will increase revenue.
    I agree with everything you say.
    I simply repeated what I believe TS said was his latest strategy.
    His strategy is wrong.
    Mea culpa then CE. 

Seems we're singing from the same hymn sheet after all...phew ! 
  • here we go again
    What’s the problem with this? They are clearly Community 500 tickets that are distributed via the Community Trust departments.  

Our fans are not buying tickets. On Tuesday we had 6,000 home fans spread around 24,000 home seats. 

I’m dreading advertising on TV on Monday just how empty our ground is and personally I’d flood the West Stand with freebies so it doesn’t look so bad. 
    Agree. If fans won’t turn up for free to back ‘their team’ when will they come?

If you’re anti-Sangaard, you can come and support the team without lining his pockets.

it’s all about results - people will never be honest with themselves 
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

Check our accounts and see how much the club loses each year. Who do you think covers those losses?
    I’ve seen the accounts. It just does not add up, there are far too many negative stories coming out of the club from multiple sources. 

What does not add up?

The club is losing £8M pa and TS has said he's attempting to reduce expenditure by £2M this year and increase revenue by £2M to halve the loss to £4M.

OK, so how do you think he'll be able to increase revenue ? Continuing to increase ticket prices each tear ? Hmmm, that went well this time round. Hospitality ? Isn't the take up already poor compared to previous seasons, mainly due to value for money. Shirt sponsorship ? Have you seen how few have been taken up thus far this season ? Mega events staged at The Valley ? Possibly one per close season but that would be about it IMO. 

He talks the talk, but hasn't the foggiest how to walk the walk. 

I'd far rather listen to the words of someone who knows much more than any of us do - a certain Airman Brown. 

Break even in L1 or indeed the Championship ? You're having a laugh !  

Finally, the staff redundancies & cost saving measures....Haven't you read the testaments on here regarding the lack of balls, kits AND coaches at our respected Academy ? Club being run by a skeleton staff with no guarantees of replacements and no micro managing RM now on site ( though some might say thank the feck!) Who is in charge on a daily basis these days ? And how long before the cutbacks in this area start to directly affect the faithful ? 

I honestly can't believe you've made that post, CE. 

Oh & don't forget that  loan from a fan recently. Why on earth would this successful business man need that only a couple of months into a new season ? 

Answers on a pc, please. 
    I think you're assuming I agree with what TS said. I don't.
    I doubt he will increase revenue.
    I agree with everything you say.
    I simply repeated what I believe TS said was his latest strategy.
    His strategy is wrong.
    Mea culpa then CE. 

Seems we're singing from the same hymn sheet after all...phew ! 
    No problem  :)
  • Actually, I sent TS a tweet after the admission prices were announced.
    I told him his campaign to "Fill The Valley" now appeared to be a campaign "To Empty The Valley".
    I told him he was wrong, would actually lose revenue and should reverse his decision immediately.
    I told him his campaign to "Fill The Valley" now appeared to be a campaign "To Empty The Valley".
    I told him he was wrong, would actually lose revenue and should reverse his decision immediately.
    Bet he got back to you in the blink of an eye ....
    Bet he got back to you in the blink of an eye ....
    No reply (wasn't expecting one tbh).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

What does not add up?

He won’t make his numbers this year and he has zero chance of doing it next year. His only route to break even is selling young players, so that is nailed on. 
    ...but for that be a reliable way to make money we would need to produce a Burstow/Lookman level player every season, and that isn't a given. Perhaps less so now he's cutting academy budgets. 

He might do it this season if Prem clubs start sniffing around Leaburn. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

What does not add up?

He won’t make his numbers this year and he has zero chance of doing it next year. His only route to break even is selling young players, so that is nailed on. 
    ...but for that be a reliable way to make money we would need to produce a Burstow/Lookman level player every season, and that isn't a given. Perhaps less so now he's cutting academy budgets. 

He might do it this season if Prem clubs start sniffing around Leaburn. 
    Well he's sold Burstow and got a sell on for Pope. Leaburn will be next.

Aaron Henry is still only 19 but needs more minutes then he could be sold. Then obviously there's Kanu. Not sure about other prospects but Ness, Adigun and Anderson always seem to get good reports. I'm pretty sure i read Adigun had PL clubs sniffing around last year before he signed a pro deal with us, but he only signed a 2 year deal so can leave in 2024. Elerewe seemed to go backwards after looking promising when first playing in the first team.

I think because of our catchment area and reputation we'll always get a few good kids, but like you say finding 1 each season who's worth enough to make a dent in the losses will be tough.
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

What does not add up?

I don’t know if the club is losing £8m, but let’s say it is. You can only save £2m with significant cuts to the first-team budget, which in turn means you are unlikely to increase revenue full stop, never mind £2m. Ticket revenue will be falling. Maybe you can put £500k on commercial income if you’re lucky.

Agreed.
  • What sane businessman would get into this crazy business. I didn’t realize the losses until I saw a post about the release of the accounts. You’re pissing money out the window and have a disgruntled fanbase on your back and the attendances have dwindled. Fuck that. 
  • robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

Robroy the accounts were out last week.
    We saw them, presumably you did not.
    They are what we know about. They are fact.
    TS has loaned I think it was £16M in 2 years and is probably in for about £20M now (at a guess).
    This why it wouldn't be a massive surprise if ideally he wanted £25M because he'll have possibly lent that amount by the time a sale is concluded (don't believe he'll get anywhere near that).

That figure of £16m is current to the end of September. Only £12m of it had been put into the club six months ago. £1.15m of it was also spent on acquiring the club, which had £400k in its coffers. TS used a figure of £20m recently - there’s no other evidence for it. It might represent a projection to the end of the season, although we know he made £2m in transfer profit over the summer.

There are people willing to help him walk away but he isn’t getting £25m, in my opinion. He can choose to carry on losing more money if he prefers that. He’s never going to succeed.
    But Sandgaard must still be putting serious money in as the club runs at a considerable loss? Those losses are likely higher due to his own ill-convinced ideas, particularly around ticketing, but people saying he hasn’t put any money in cannot be accurate. I would guess that the ridiculous cuts to things like the Academy budget are him trying to reduce outgoings as much as he possibly can to limit how much he needs to put in, but I would guess it’s still a fair whack each month. 
  • robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

TS has loaned I think it was £16M in 2 years and is probably in for about £20M now (at a guess).
    This why it wouldn't be a massive surprise if ideally he wanted £25M because he'll have possibly lent that amount by the time a sale is concluded (don't believe he'll get anywhere near that).

That figure of £16m is current to the end of September. Only £12m of it had been put into the club six months ago. £1.15m of it was also spent on acquiring the club, which had £400k in its coffers. TS used a figure of £20m recently - there’s no other evidence for it. It might represent a projection to the end of the season, although we know he made £2m in transfer profit over the summer.

There are people willing to help him walk away but he isn’t getting £25m, in my opinion. He can choose to carry on losing more money if he prefers that. He’s never going to succeed.
    Do you believe reports he wants £25m are accurate?
  • robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

Groundhog day
  • edited October 2022
    My views have not changed from what I was saying 6-12 months ago. I was slated by many for all of the below statement - I would guess half of it will now be accepted:

1) TS is a bit of a Wally running a football club. He’s not an idiot. He’s built a successful business in another field - but he doesn’t and never did know how to run a professional sports team. He was always going to be found out - and has indeed shown to be out of his depth. No conspiracy, no Roland link. He doesn’t know what he was doing and coupled with the apparent lack of funds and it’s the most dangerous situation we could have.

The above is why we are sinking on the pitch and that will ultimately dictate our commercial success off it

2) Roland wasn’t a Wally. Roland was a seemingly (I never met him) very unpleasant person. But I haven’t changed my view - he was a nasty piece of work who knew more about running a football club.

That knowledge translated into on field performance. Squad and recruitment wise (and standard of football) was head and shoulders clear of where we are now.

Neither option was perfect - but I would hazard a guess that if RD was still here and had maintained his distance from all of us to just support the team - we would have been better off than we are now.

Lets just hope option 3 transpires.

No Roland. No TS. New start.

I think it is understandable that Sandgaard is ignorant when it comes to football but the issue is surely that he seems to think he knows it all. In terms of Duchatelet, he made many mistakes. He bought us to prove a theory that didn't work, not just for us but other clubs, and we were well placed to move forwards with a bit of support and less interference. Both knew better than to support those that knew what they were doing to get on with it. They had to interfere with flawed plans. Their flawed plans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?

I'm going to games next year from January to March when my personal schedule eases up

I can't attend at the moment because I work 6 days a week which covers Saturdays and im bloody exhausted 
  • I can't see TS power sharing with anyone, but he can't afford the losses being incurred alone, so he must be contemplating a sale.

Who will buy? Someone considerably richer than him who's able to fund, not just running the Club in L1, but assembling a squad of promotion contending ability.

Dealing with RD doesn't need to be an obstacle to the sale as it was before though and wouldn't be an immediate problem. The lease passes to the new owner on sale and RD wouldn't be involved, although that suits him anyway as he's happy receiving his rent money whilst his assets appreciate in value over time, thus reducing the value he has to ultimately write off.

He might even sell the assets now if made an offer exceeding what running Charlton cost him, but as that's unlikely, he'll probably have to wait until we reach the Premier League before that happens.
  • My views have not changed from what I was saying 6-12 months ago. I was slated by many for all of the below statement - I would guess half of it will now be accepted:

1) TS is a bit of a Wally running a football club. He’s not an idiot. He’s built a successful business in another field - but he doesn’t and never did know how to run a professional sports team. He was always going to be found out - and has indeed shown to be out of his depth. No conspiracy, no Roland link. He doesn’t know what he was doing and coupled with the apparent lack of funds and it’s the most dangerous situation we could have.

The above is why we are sinking on the pitch and that will ultimately dictate our commercial success off it

2) Roland wasn’t a Wally. Roland was a seemingly (I never met him) very unpleasant person. But I haven’t changed my view - he was a nasty piece of work who knew more about running a football club.

That knowledge translated into on field performance. Squad and recruitment wise (and standard of football) was head and shoulders clear of where we are now.

Neither option was perfect - but I would hazard a guess that if RD was still here and had maintained his distance from all of us to just support the team - we would have been better off than we are now.

Lets just hope option 3 transpires.

No Roland. No TS. New start.

I think it is understandable that Sandgaard is ignorant when it comes to football but the issue is surely that he seems to think he knows it all. In terms of Duchatelet, he made many mistakes. He bought us to prove a theory that didn't work, not just for us but other clubs, and we were well placed to move forwards with a bit of support and less interference. Both knew better than to support those that knew what they were doing to get on with it. They had to interfere with flawed plans. Their flawed plans.
    There was nothing wrong with Roland's plan.  The problem was the people he got to execute it.
  • To1SCP said:
    Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    i don’t blame him for wanting out, if he does. 
    All the crap he gets on here, i’m surprised he’s still around.
    How many more owners are we going to hound out?
    I wonder why he gets "all the crap on here"?
    Poor Tommy.
  • Im not saying he’s doing a good job, just why would anyone either now or in the future put themselves through this.
  • To1SCP said:
    Im not saying he’s doing a good job, just why would anyone either now or in the future put themselves through this.
     Greed.