Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• By the end of this coming month I hope and expect Sandgaard to have seen sense and hand over the reigns and ownership of the club to someone who can progress and lead the club forward.
    Get the two big home games out of the way Portsmouth with Sky Tv and Ipswich with his international fan day behind him. Both games will see Big away support but little increase in home support and he will know that things will not improve to the extent he requires.

Knowledge that each month that goes by is costing him more than he will get back by selling the better players in January.

Trusts he understands well enough to pass it on to someone who has the knowledge of how an English club is run.

Hope yes , but will a business man do it?
  • Well, well! I've just received an email from the club, thanking me for my attendance at the Exeter game and hoping I enjoyed it as much as they did.....I DIDN'T GO!! I was at home not willing to travel down on a Tuesday to watch what had been, up until Tuesday, a pile of crap.
    Yes I'm a ST holder, but have been ti just 3 games this season, due to poor performances. 
    Yet this is the first time they've thanked me for going!! Oh and then asked if I want to buy a ticket for next Monday? I'm a ST holder why would I want to buy a ticket!
    Fuck me they can't even get that right....unbelievable!
    We're Charlton not Real Madrid. If poor performances are going to stop you going then you follow the club. You might as well have saved your money, we've been poor for years!

Although having said that we're actually unbeaten at home.
    Let me add to my comment above. I've supported this club for 62 years, I was there at Upton Park and Shithurst Park....I now live in the East Midlands, and some Saturdays a trip to watch a home game can take a round trip of over 8 hours! I bought a ST knowing, yes knowing, I will never be able to make any mid-week games due to work and not finishing in time to get down to The Valley. However I wanted to help support the club and bought a ST to hopefully help build the 'coffers'. 
    After the recent away performances, I had to weigh up if I was going to go to the game against Oxford on Saturday 1st Oct...I decided against it.....that is MY choice. I've supported the club by paying up-front its MY right to choose which games I go to. To say I'm supporting the wrong club (I guess that's what you were trying to say despite missing out the word wrong!) is offensive to me!
    Im going to consider which games Im going to for the rest of the season!!

100% agreed - u have done your bit 
  • Do we know if TS would entertain offers at this stage? Feels to me like an egotistical man cutting costs so he can cling on.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Do we know if TS would entertain offers at this stage? Feels to me like an egotistical man cutting costs so he can cling on.
    He's circling the plughole now, it seems, desperately trying to minimise the amount he has to put in to maintain a damaged going concern for which he might be able salvage a few quid. 
  • edited October 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Do we know if TS would entertain offers at this stage? Feels to me like an egotistical man cutting costs so he can cling on.
    A question that certainly needs to be asked by the trust.
    If he cannot meet the needs of the Academy what is he doing to do to try and maintain it to a realistic level.
    Cutting it by many thousands of £ Is not a path to a realistic level so what is he going to do about it?
  • J BLOCK said:
    A question that certainly needs to be asked by the trust.
    If he cannot meet the needs of the Academy what is he doing to do to try and maintain it to a realistic level.
    Cutting it by many thousands of £ Is not a path to a realistic level so what is he going to do about it?
    Furthermore, if he continues to cut and we lose people like Steve Avory then we become a far less attractive buy. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    The reported £600k for the womens team made me think he was flush because that’s the last thing to spunk dough on if you were on a budget 
    I’ve no idea at all but I do wonder whether the driver with that one was it was going to be something for Raelynn to run going forward 
    She's got enough on running the mens team. 
    Interesting take on priorities to try her out running the men's team to see if she' worthy to do the same job for the women.
  • I don't imagine anyone would want to share power with TS given his shoot from the hip approach - how can anyone sensible work with that?
  • edited October 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    If all the stories in recent weeks are true then i think he'd bite your hand off for a decent offer.

The only issue is what we think is decent - i'd go with anything around 5m given he doesn't own much, is probably very different to what he considers decent - he no doubt wants to recoup his losses, so probably wants 20m+.
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    I can't see TS power sharing with anyone, but he can't afford the losses being incurred alone, so he must be contemplating a sale.

Who will buy? Someone considerably richer than him who's able to fund, not just running the Club in L1, but assembling a squad of promotion contending ability.

Dealing with RD doesn't need to be an obstacle to the sale as it was before though and wouldn't be an immediate problem. The lease passes to the new owner on sale and RD wouldn't be involved, although that suits him anyway as he's happy receiving his rent money whilst his assets appreciate in value over time, thus reducing the value he has to ultimately write off.

He might even sell the assets now if made an offer exceeding what running Charlton cost him, but as that's unlikely, he'll probably have to wait until we reach the Premier League before that happens.
    Like you mate I have been one of the biggest defenders of the ownership but tbh I feel like a mug ! Alot of what he started doing made total sense to but now the bloke seems to have lost the plot. Perhaps he is getting stick from his misses etc about the costs 😂
    I'm not sure about TS wanting to power share, who on earth would put £m's into us knowing what is going on at the moment. If the stories coming our re the internal workings of the club and academy have even a modicum of truth the bloke has lost it imo
    I always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and put my trust in him, which meant I was more patient and less quick to judge than others, but he passed my threshold for evidence to convince me that he wasn't going to be the man to bring us success on deadline day. If that makes me a mug in the eyes of others on here, then I can live with that.

I'd like to have read Mr Fox's 🦊 take on it all now as I know he was expecting to see more activity in the transfer window too. Assuming he was there, I'm sure he enjoyed the game on Tuesday.  Is there anyone now on here who'd own up to still believing in TS and that he can turn it round I wonder?
  • swordfish said:
    AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    I can't see TS power sharing with anyone, but he can't afford the losses being incurred alone, so he must be contemplating a sale.

Who will buy? Someone considerably richer than him who's able to fund, not just running the Club in L1, but assembling a squad of promotion contending ability.

Dealing with RD doesn't need to be an obstacle to the sale as it was before though and wouldn't be an immediate problem. The lease passes to the new owner on sale and RD wouldn't be involved, although that suits him anyway as he's happy receiving his rent money whilst his assets appreciate in value over time, thus reducing the value he has to ultimately write off.

He might even sell the assets now if made an offer exceeding what running Charlton cost him, but as that's unlikely, he'll probably have to wait until we reach the Premier League before that happens.
    Like you mate I have been one of the biggest defenders of the ownership but tbh I feel like a mug ! Alot of what he started doing made total sense to but now the bloke seems to have lost the plot. Perhaps he is getting stick from his misses etc about the costs 😂
    I'm not sure about TS wanting to power share, who on earth would put £m's into us knowing what is going on at the moment. If the stories coming our re the internal workings of the club and academy have even a modicum of truth the bloke has lost it imo
    I always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and put my trust in him, which meant I was more patient and less quick to judge than others, but he passed my threshold for evidence to convince me that he wasn't going to be the man to bring us success on deadline day. If that makes me a mug in the eyes of others on here, then I can live with that.

I'd like to have read Mr Fox's 🦊 take on it all now as I know he was expecting to see more activity in the transfer window too. Assuming he was there, I'm sure he enjoyed the game on Tuesday.  Is there anyone now on here who'd own up to still believing in TS and that he can turn it round I wonder?
    Not me mate I'm afraid. I can only see a slow decline until he eventually bails out due to finances. I personally still dont blame him for alot of the stuff he got bad press for. I would have done exactly the same thing but this latest bollocks plus the lack of a striker etc in the window has pushed me to a point where I cant defend or understand the logic
  • AndyG said:
    swordfish said:
    AndyG said:
    swordfish said:

Not me mate I'm afraid. I can only see a slow decline until he eventually bails out due to finances. I personally still dont blame him for alot of the stuff he got bad press for. I would have done exactly the same thing but this latest bollocks plus the lack of a striker etc in the window has pushed me to a point where I cant defend or understand the logic
    Had Sandgaard appointed proper football people to run the club for him and given them a budget to do so we would not be in this position. 
    The reason we are in this position is because he thinks he knows better than anyone else and along with his girlfriend and son can get us promoted and break even in league one.
    He has learned a very expensive lesson that running a league one football club is nothing like running his medical business in America. 
    He has zero sympathy from me as I think he's a deluded egotistical narsacist. 
    I just hope that whoever takes over proves to be better than what the last few owners have been.
    100% This 

What works in a general business wont work in the Money Pit that is a league 1 club.  Is it just me or is Sangaard's reign at Charlton a bit like a BTEC version of Succession - without the Billions , but with the incompetent family members.  
  • I'm interested in CAST's comments about the effect of the cuts on the academy, as a Valley Gold member this is close to my heart. Could anyone summarise what cuts have occurred at Charlton's academy, what is rumour and what is fact?
  • Thomas’ business plan is now clear. 

1) Buy a club
    2) Fck it up
    3) Sell pain management devices to fans in distress
    4) Sell Club
    5) Buy bigger club (with more fans) … and repeat until he has the scale to buy a Premier League team to continue with the same.

Charlton are just a cost of doing business.

And he’s still on track for Premiership Football in  five years. 

Simplicity itself. As he said, it ain’t difficult.

• Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

Just wow, words fail me
  • T_C_E said:

That can't be real, can it?
  • T_C_E said:

Groundsharing again…
  • T_C_E said:

Agreed, no one lets their battery get that low do they🤷‍♂️
  • I'm just pleased that our much missed comrade @addick1956 was there to see Chuks score. 
  • edited October 2022
    Obviously saw the "Valley Parade" faux pas, but are they also saying the white kit is a nod towards chalk pits that were once in the area?