Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• To1SCP said:
    Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    i don’t blame him for wanting out, if he does. 
    All the crap he gets on here, i’m surprised he’s still around.
    How many more owners are we going to hound out?

"Hound out"?!

A perceived mix of incompetence, stubbornness, arrogance and complete inexperience leading to abject failure and loss of millions is what will see this ownership departing. 

Not criticism on Charlton life or twitter.

Bar the odd wally crossing the line on twitter with abuse the bloke has been met with messianic fervour since day one and had his ego trip stunts lapped up in the main and any of us daring to question it put firmly in our place by his many plaudits.

He'll leave Charlton because his misjudgement, miscalculation, misspending and fundamently flawed single minded approach that it's "easy" to run a club successfully and a gargantuan gulf between stated objectives and delivered reality is now there for all to see and is eroding his finances at a rate of knots.

Not because he's been hounded out by a few of us spotty herberts on the Internet.
    Not so long ago, we all got to read about the effect personal abuse can have on an individual and his family when Paul Scally left Gillingham.

I'm not disagreeing with your summation, but you don't know how TS and family cope with the abuse they get now and it shouldn't be underestimated. From what we know of him, he appears thick skinned, but I might have thought the same of Scally.
  • To1SCP said:
    Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    who do you want someone like TS who running it like a business which will mean the club will still be a club in 10 years time might not spectacular but there will be good times and bad times or do you want someone who comes in like a bull in a China shop might buy success for 12 months but then puts the club whole existence in doubt because they run out of money …
    I think there's a middle ground mate...
  • Scoham said:
    robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

We are in serious trouble by the sounds of things 
    Robroy the accounts were out last week.
    We saw them, presumably you did not.
    They are what we know about. They are fact.
    TS has loaned I think it was £16M in 2 years and is probably in for about £20M now (at a guess).
    This why it wouldn't be a massive surprise if ideally he wanted £25M because he'll have possibly lent that amount by the time a sale is concluded (don't believe he'll get anywhere near that).

That figure of £16m is current to the end of September. Only £12m of it had been put into the club six months ago. £1.15m of it was also spent on acquiring the club, which had £400k in its coffers. TS used a figure of £20m recently - there’s no other evidence for it. It might represent a projection to the end of the season, although we know he made £2m in transfer profit over the summer.

There are people willing to help him walk away but he isn’t getting £25m, in my opinion. He can choose to carry on losing more money if he prefers that. He’s never going to succeed.
    Do you believe reports he wants £25m are accurate?
    No idea.
  • se9addick said:
    robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

TS has loaned I think it was £16M in 2 years and is probably in for about £20M now (at a guess).
    This why it wouldn't be a massive surprise if ideally he wanted £25M because he'll have possibly lent that amount by the time a sale is concluded (don't believe he'll get anywhere near that).

That figure of £16m is current to the end of September. Only £12m of it had been put into the club six months ago. £1.15m of it was also spent on acquiring the club, which had £400k in its coffers. TS used a figure of £20m recently - there’s no other evidence for it. It might represent a projection to the end of the season, although we know he made £2m in transfer profit over the summer.

There are people willing to help him walk away but he isn’t getting £25m, in my opinion. He can choose to carry on losing more money if he prefers that. He’s never going to succeed.
    But Sandgaard must still be putting serious money in as the club runs at a considerable loss? Those losses are likely higher due to his own ill-convinced ideas, particularly around ticketing, but people saying he hasn’t put any money in cannot be accurate. I would guess that the ridiculous cuts to things like the Academy budget are him trying to reduce outgoings as much as he possibly can to limit how much he needs to put in, but I would guess it’s still a fair whack each month. 
    It’s clear he’s put money in and will have to put in more if he remains owner. 
  • What is any buyer actually getting for £25m from Sandgaard?! Absolutely sod all. Anything of value is owned by Roland. 
  • look at the mess Rugby in now .. how many league one and two sides are on the brink .. restructuring going on across all companies in this present climate .. football would be stupid to think they are different 
  • Sponsored links:

• The Red Robin said:
    What is any buyer actually getting for £25m from Sandgaard?! Absolutely sod all. Anything of value is owned by Roland. 
    They may not be tearing up any trees, but that's a bit harsh on the players, to write off any value in them.
  • look at the mess Rugby in now .. how many league one and two sides are on the brink .. restructuring going on across all companies in this present climate .. football would be stupid to think they are different 
    Very true about rugby and they have a strict budgets.  Saracens were caught out and relegated because of it. I still don't understand how other league one clubs finance losses over 6 million per year. 
  • swordfish said:
    To1SCP said:

"Hound out"?!

A perceived mix of incompetence, stubbornness, arrogance and complete inexperience leading to abject failure and loss of millions is what will see this ownership departing. 

Not criticism on Charlton life or twitter.

Bar the odd wally crossing the line on twitter with abuse the bloke has been met with messianic fervour since day one and had his ego trip stunts lapped up in the main and any of us daring to question it put firmly in our place by his many plaudits.

He'll leave Charlton because his misjudgement, miscalculation, misspending and fundamently flawed single minded approach that it's "easy" to run a club successfully and a gargantuan gulf between stated objectives and delivered reality is now there for all to see and is eroding his finances at a rate of knots.

Not because he's been hounded out by a few of us spotty herberts on the Internet.
    Not so long ago, we all got to read about the effect personal abuse can have on an individual and his family when Paul Scally left Gillingham.

I'm not disagreeing with your summation, but you don't know how TS and family cope with the abuse they get now and it shouldn't be underestimated. From what we know of him, he appears thick skinned, but I might have thought the same of Scally.

I predicted a year ago on here the social media abuse angle will be utilised as a driver for departure to cover up the nigh on catastrophic ownership.

I find social media abuse cowardly particularly when done anonymously and unacceptable and I do agree that no matter who you are whether it be a celebrity, a millionaire or joe normal it can take it's toil so I don't disregard that at all.

But I don't agree that it is the sole/ material driver that has seen the owner set the exit plan in motion (as is seemingly unfolding) and if CAFC fans start finger pointing and blaming each other for hounding him out when the vast majority has been civil and we'll warranted criticism of what his stewardship has to date done to the club on and off the pitch then that's completely short sighted.
    Just for the record, I do agree with you and don't think it's a significant factor here (never have done), the ones you listed being far more pertinent, although he did take himself off twitter. 
  • edited October 2022
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

What does this mean - in plain English please?
  • edited October 2022
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

What does this mean - in plain English please?
    There are willing parties wishing to take over but won’t be paying much for it or repaying those loans
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Would this all be happening if we were top two or three?
    Oh I’m sure there would be something.
    Perhaps we should look at this slightly differently.
    why aren’t we top two or three?
    Should TS have actually spent some transfer funds?
    Would we be up the top if he had?
  • To1SCP said:
    Agreed not sure he wants out , think people are very blind when it comes to football and owners , just because you get a new owner don’t mean your suddenly going to spend 10 mill on new players ( to be fair to TS not many other league one clubs have spent as much as us since COVID only Ipswich ? ) … who do you want someone like TS who running it like a business which will mean the club will still be a club in 10 years time might not spectacular but there will be good times and bad times or do you want someone who comes in like a bull in a China shop might buy success for 12 months but then puts the club whole existence in doubt because they run out of money …

personally after the last 8 years of neglect and assist stripping .. we need the calm business approach it’s the fans who need to adjust their expectations 
    Do you even believe a word of that?
  • What is any buyer actually getting for £25m from Sandgaard?! 
    A spot in the football league. 
  • I said it at the time and have repeated it plenty.  When TS bought us he was interviewed saying promotion that year was a bonus, but promotion the following year was the expectation.  It was and remains my strong belief he never even considered a third year in L1.  As Airman says, he had a set amount of money put aside for his project and thought (and said) it would be easy.

He was wrong. It was clear when he bought us he didn't have the unlimited wealth to keep us going for a long period of time.

He talked about how he liked taking high risks and saw it as a badge of honour that his diligence was not as thorough as others.

He was badly mistaken and compounded it by making daft decisions from the very start (£300K on Schwartz the start).

Now his Charlton pot is empty and he is slashing and burning and I would imagine trying to find a way out.  The question is can he hold on to Jan and then sell Leaburn to keep it all going to the end of the season or until someone else comes along.

He is not as calculating as RD was/is and RD is still the reason we remain a basket case but TS has managed to take us even further backwards than we were in RDs time.
     I would also say he had an over inflated understanding of how many fans would walk through the door week after week. I think he assumed that getting Roland away from the place as well as attending plenty of games himself would see many thousands flocking back despite the dirge on the pitch.
  • I said it at the time and have repeated it plenty.  When TS bought us he was interviewed saying promotion that year was a bonus, but promotion the following year was the expectation.  It was and remains my strong belief he never even considered a third year in L1.  As Airman says, he had a set amount of money put aside for his project and thought (and said) it would be easy.

He was wrong. It was clear when he bought us he didn't have the unlimited wealth to keep us going for a long period of time.

He talked about how he liked taking high risks and saw it as a badge of honour that his diligence was not as thorough as others.

He was badly mistaken and compounded it by making daft decisions from the very start (£300K on Schwartz the start).

Now his Charlton pot is empty and he is slashing and burning and I would imagine trying to find a way out.  The question is can he hold on to Jan and then sell Leaburn to keep it all going to the end of the season or until someone else comes along.

He is not as calculating as RD was/is and RD is still the reason we remain a basket case but TS has managed to take us even further backwards than we were in RDs time.
     I would also say he had an over inflated understanding of how many fans would walk through the door week after week. I think he assumed that getting Roland away from the place as well as attending plenty of games himself would see many thousands flocking back despite the dirge on the pitch.
    Agreed - but that is poor research on his part mainly although I do also have no time for those whinging on here who don’t go - caveats as stated before - particularly at the outset of TS’s reign - that was the time to put up or shut up 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Would this all be happening if we were top two or three?
    Isn’t that the point? We’re never going to be top two or three under Sandgaard. 
    Yeah, it’s like a Catch-22. 
  • clive said:
    @castrust it’s very important that amongst the noise formal avenues are maintained and pursued, with dialogue recorded and reported.

Amongst the non-football operations question can you please ascertain the position of Raelynn Maloney, who it appeared for months to everyone  was pretty much running the day to day aspects. What is the impact of it being highlighted she has no work permit and who is replacing the workload she was previously carrying out?

Can you also stress that it is not normal for so many people to be activity seeking to leave an organisation as we have seen over the last 12 months along with enforced sackings. Morale must be rock bottom, not sure how any business owner can be proud of that, personally I’d be ashamed.

So what has been done to investigate the cause of these departures, and what steps have been introduced to improvise the organisational culture (outside of a free pizza slice)?
    Precisely what we want to know... however, I can't see him answering that. 
  • TEL said:
    clive said:
    @castrust it’s very important that amongst the noise formal avenues are maintained and pursued, with dialogue recorded and reported.

Amongst the non-football operations question can you please ascertain the position of Raelynn Maloney, who it appeared for months to everyone  was pretty much running the day to day aspects. What is the impact of it being highlighted she has no work permit and who is replacing the workload she was previously carrying out?

Can you also stress that it is not normal for so many people to be activity seeking to leave an organisation as we have seen over the last 12 months along with enforced sackings. Morale must be rock bottom, not sure how any business owner can be proud of that, personally I’d be ashamed.

So what has been done to investigate the cause of these departures, and what steps have been introduced to improvise the organisational culture (outside of a free pizza slice)?
    Precisely what we want to know... however, I can't see him answering that. 
    You are fitted with a medical device whilst being beaten around the brow - see how long u can withstand it before leaving - it’s an experiment 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Surely if he is slashing any costs he can,he should be axing the womens / ladies team before touching the academy ?
    Did I read acquiring the ladies team cost 600k ? Sorry but I don't see any benefit , or are there a few thousand going to watch them ? I wouldn't know as I have no interest in the ladies im afraid , good luck to them but its all about bums on seats