Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    I must admit I did find it a bit strange when all the takeover talk was taking place with various other parties being mentioned, then up pops TS out of nowhere to get the deal done and quite quickly.
    That's a fair point. 
    Sandgaard popped out of nowhere because he was willing to meet Roland’s terms on the rent and was willing to buy the club without owning the assets 
    Sorry but I believed this involved a third party in ESI. There may be nothing in it but at what point did Dutchelet declare ESI were in default by either not abiding by their contract or defaulting on payments ? Which is the same thing. As I say there may be nothing in it but I think it's a fair point. 
    Didn't ESI have to pay a certain figure for the assets? Either way, Roland didn't have to declare ESI were in default, it was obvious they couldn't pay and they were selling the club to Sandgaard. What would Roland have had to gain by not negotiating with Sandgaard? 

I don't think it's a fair point at all to be honest, it makes zero sense. What would Sandgaard gain?
    I don't think the author declared that Sandgaard gained anything. His point was that Sandgaard appeared from nowhere and pretty dam quick, not knocking that intervention but if I remember correctly Sandgaard gained ownership due to the fact that those who allegedly owned ESI actually did not and as such their contract was to own the club wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Please correct me if I'm wrong cos there are people on here far more in the know than me and I am happy to be corrected . 
    ESI 1 (Southall/Nimer) owned the club and ESI 2 (Elliot/Farnell) were claiming ownership
    Thanks Covered end, that jogged my memory, but back to the original post. No one suggested that Sandgaard stood to gain anything by his sudden appearance but it certainly suited one individual and that was Dutchelet, got rid of an eight million loss and gained half a million rent a year. 
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    I must admit I did find it a bit strange when all the takeover talk was taking place with various other parties being mentioned, then up pops TS out of nowhere to get the deal done and quite quickly.
    That's a fair point. 
    Sandgaard popped out of nowhere because he was willing to meet Roland’s terms on the rent and was willing to buy the club without owning the assets 
    Sorry but I believed this involved a third party in ESI. There may be nothing in it but at what point did Dutchelet declare ESI were in default by either not abiding by their contract or defaulting on payments ? Which is the same thing. As I say there may be nothing in it but I think it's a fair point. 
    Didn't ESI have to pay a certain figure for the assets? Either way, Roland didn't have to declare ESI were in default, it was obvious they couldn't pay and they were selling the club to Sandgaard. What would Roland have had to gain by not negotiating with Sandgaard? 

I don't think it's a fair point at all to be honest, it makes zero sense. IWhat would Sandgaard gain?
    RD needed to get the club back off ESI who were shafting it left right and centre, in return Thommy gets a cut when RD ultimately finds a buyer for the whole shebang.
    But he's lost an absolute fortune. That cut would have to be pretty large to make it worthwhile, no? In which case Roland would have been better off selling it at a much-reduced price to begin with. 
    Maybe Thomas is a massive mug, he currently seems to be.
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    That's a fair point. 

I don't think it's a fair point at all to be honest, it makes zero sense. IWhat would Sandgaard gain?
    RD needed to get the club back off ESI who were shafting it left right and centre, in return Thommy gets a cut when RD ultimately finds a buyer for the whole shebang.
    But he's lost an absolute fortune. That cut would have to be pretty large to make it worthwhile, no? In which case Roland would have been better off selling it at a much-reduced price to begin with. 
    I agree. That doesn't seem to fit. 
  • robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

We are in serious trouble by the sounds of things 
    Check our accounts and see how much the club loses each year. Who do you think covers those losses?
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    That's a fair point. 

I don't think it's a fair point at all to be honest, it makes zero sense. What would Sandgaard gain?
    I don't think the author declared that Sandgaard gained anything. His point was that Sandgaard appeared from nowhere and pretty dam quick, not knocking that intervention but if I remember correctly Sandgaard gained ownership due to the fact that those who allegedly owned ESI actually did not and as such their contract was to own the club wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Please correct me if I'm wrong cos there are people on here far more in the know than me and I am happy to be corrected . 
    ESI 1 (Southall/Nimer) owned the club and ESI 2 (Elliot/Farnell) were claiming ownership
    Thanks Covered end, that jogged my memory, but back to the original post. No one suggested that Sandgaard stood to gain anything by his sudden appearance but it certainly suited one individual and that was Dutchelet, got rid of an eight million loss and gained half a million rent a year. 
    That's obvious, we all know why Roland did what he did. Just struggling to see what was "strange" about the way Sandgaard popped up. It's been discussed and explained several times, easy to see why he was able to come in and take over so quickly.  
  • Chunes said:
    robroy said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Would this all be happening if we were top two or three?
    TS is the reason why we are not top two or three. You get what you pay for and he’s not paid for anyone. 
    He has paid for players. Just not this season. 
    Frazer, Chuks, McGillivary, Swartz ...........and a few more.
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    That's a fair point. 

No doubt. But there's very few people out there willing to take on a club that loses a load of money with the promise of a few quid towards his losses if things go badly. 
  • robroy said:
    All this talk of TS spending £20million is laughable, he paid £1million and we had £400k in the bank. He took a loan of £300k. These are only the things we now know about.

what else has gone on? 

Check our accounts and see how much the club loses each year. Who do you think covers those losses?
    I’ve seen the accounts. It just does not add up, there are far too many negative stories coming out of the club from multiple sources. 

I would love to be wrong. 

But sadly there is no smoke without fire. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    Bilko said:
    That's a fair point. 

No doubt. But there's very few people out there willing to take on a club that loses a load of money with the promise of a few quid towards his losses if things go badly. 
    How about someone blinded by their own brilliance.
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

I’ve seen the accounts. It just does not add up, there are far too many negative stories coming out of the club from multiple sources. 

Out of interest how much do you think he’s lost then?
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

I think you’re confusing separate things. It’s undeniable how much Sandgaard has input / lent the club, it’s in the accounts. The negative stories of recent cost cutting etc could equally be true, but will still require Sandgaard to keep pumping money in regardless. 

The main problem though is a separate one, just how badly run the club is as a whole. And most of that seems completely unrelated to the financials. 
    Totally agree. Sadly, we’ve just had no luck with any owners. 

• robroy said:

what else has gone on? 

Robroy the accounts were out last week.
    We saw them, presumably you did not.
    They are what we know about. They are fact.
    TS has loaned I think it was £16M in 2 years and is probably in for about £20M now (at a guess).
    This why it wouldn't be a massive surprise if ideally he wanted £25M because he'll have possibly lent that amount by the time a sale is concluded (don't believe he'll get anywhere near that).

• So we will see the final asset erode - the academy 

Scouts will pick off our next generation of players and finally the only working part of the model will be no more. 

it's been a long time coming but we are finally kettled, it feels like. 

So depressing. 

I've no idea what else we could have done as fans. 

Any hope out there? Obi Wan? 
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    JamesSeed said:
    TS is the reason why we are not top two or three. You get what you pay for and he’s not paid for anyone. 

Anyone that sticks their head above the parapet and calls out something for what it is, is not being negative for the sake of it. Something does not add up. 

Look at all of the long standing members of staff just sacked, left or resigned! 

No smoke without fire. 
    Not knocking your take on things but in my opinion something changed in the summer. I believe when Washington left they did intend to replace him but it got away from them as the season started and they were never going to spend anymore money, which was what was needed. They brought in players that have improved the side, the two full backs, goalkeeper and RS. If Washington had been replaced or Chuks had been fit we may well have had another six points as Garner has suggested and the analysis of Sandgaards intentions would not be nearly as profound  
  • here we go again
    Seems a better idea.
    No ticket give away to prevent others purchasing.
    The vouchers requesting you arrive early (6pm) exchangeable for a ticket if you actually turn up.
  • The home attendance on display vs Portsmouth will be beyond embaressing and even less people will be there than normal because its on TV and its a night game.

The overload of empty seats will be on par with MK dons.

Quite heart breaking in a way

• Dave2l said:
    The home attendance on display vs Portsmouth will be beyond embaressing and even less people will be there than normal because its on TV and its a night game.

The overload of empty seats will be on par with MK dons.

Quite heart breaking in a way

So you're going?
  • Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    It always is. Blooming annoying. Get behind your team.
  • robroy said:
    JamesSeed said:

Anyone that sticks their head above the parapet and calls out something for what it is, is not being negative for the sake of it. Something does not add up. 

Look at all of the long standing members of staff just sacked, left or resigned! 

No smoke without fire. 
    Sorry, what I meant was would Sandgaard be cost cutting so furiously if promotion was on the cards? Imagine we were miraculously six points clear at the top (yes I know, impossible with this squad) would he not try to make the final push, and even shell out in the transfer window? 
    Totally hypothetical I know.