Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Uboat said:
    I’m going to write a history of Charlton in the 21st century. It will be called, ‘Permafucked: CAFC and the never ending cycle of shite’. I doubt the club ship will stock it
    You mean the club shop will stick it?  ;)
    Maybe if you called it "Castore's 'Permafucked: CAFC and the never ending cycle of shite'"
  • I think I know who nutting2c is and if I'm correct he's well known to many on CL and is definitely well informed.
  • I'm probably wide of the mark here. but it feels to me like he's getting ready to sell up
    Spot on. There is no way that cuts this deep are actioned to protect the business as they are not sustainable in the long term. Sandgaard is desperate to sell this business as near to cost neutral as he can, in the hope of widening the potential interest and being able to play each interested party off against one and other, thus raising the eventual sale price. One problem, it won't work, he owns nothing but debt. 
  • I think I know who nutting2c is and if I'm correct he's well known to many on CL and is definitely well informed.
    Look back at recent tweets from this account and you'll know for sure. Should be interesting to see what happens next.
  • edited October 2022
    Uboat said:
    I’m going to write a history of Charlton in the 21st century. It will be called, ‘Permafucked: CAFC and the never ending cycle of shite’. I doubt the club ship will stock it. 

Look back at recent tweets from this account and you'll know for sure. Should be interesting to see what happens next.
    Yes, I was correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Team meeting:

Garner: Lads we started slow! But after Tuesdays win we can now gain some momentum and I thi....

'Team meeting interupted'

Employee: Have you heard about sandguards academy cut backs and all the shit he's getting up to?!

Team meeting ends and everyone's head drops. They want to leave the club and find the off field nonsense is getting concerning and repetitive 
  • There is a lot of rubbish posted on Twitter and most can be ignored, however, these are some fairly serious accusations and as such they should be addressed by the club.
  • Still say Sandgaards trying to lure someone in.
    A deeply unfunded academy might pull at the heart strings of a fan with wealthy connections?
  • Considering where we were 2 years ago I am grateful we still have my beloved club. Does everyone want someone who is going to throw money at the club hoping we can get to the Champ and EPL and if it fails we will be back to where we were a couple of years ago or worse. I would rather see a sustainable sensibly run club. Yes it hurts that the academy has been hit but the priority is the first team and improving our position in the league. I believe Brentford has no academy and seem to be doing ok. Not that we need to go there as our academy is a great source of pride. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Considering where we were 2 years ago I am grateful we still have my beloved club. Does everyone want someone who is going to throw money at the club hoping we can get to the Champ and EPL and if it fails we will be back to where we were a couple of years ago or worse. I would rather see a sustainable sensibly run club. Yes it hurts that the academy has been hit but the priority is the first team and improving our position in the league. I believe Brentford has no academy and seem to be doing ok. Not that we need to go there as our academy is a great source of pride. 
    But we are not seeing a "sustainable sensibly run club" are we?
    Exactly 
    Not sure I understand why he’s created another Twitter account to talk about it though.
    Pretty obvious who it is 🤷‍♀️
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    Considering where we were 2 years ago I am grateful we still have my beloved club. Does everyone want someone who is going to throw money at the club hoping we can get to the Champ and EPL and if it fails we will be back to where we were a couple of years ago or worse. I would rather see a sustainable sensibly run club. Yes it hurts that the academy has been hit but the priority is the first team and improving our position in the league. I believe Brentford has no academy and seem to be doing ok. Not that we need to go there as our academy is a great source of pride. 
    We don't have anything like a sustainable club at the moment, we have a shit-show of a club lurching from one disastrous decision to the next.
    If you think that what we have currently is sustainable then I would hate to see it when things start to go wrong.
  • edited October 2022
    I think even I've figured out who nutting2c is on Twitter.......& I'm thick as shit!! :lol:
  • TS is now purposely sticking a knife in.

He gave up a while ago and the bloke is just an asshole. He wanted more praise and wanted something in return for his initial efforts that he hasn't discovered. He is pissed and he will continue to cause damage. 

Rolands club ownership was a lot safer. Not because he is a better person or more trustworthy, because he isn't.
    It's when he decided to back off, things were in safe enough hands in the day to day running of the club. 

The grass is always greener 

• Apparently he’s asking for £25million to sell. Mental 
  • I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the transfer window, but can’t anymore. It just doesn’t make sense. 

The only way he can cream any substantial money off from us now is through player sales. Without the academy functioning as before, that pipeline starts to dry up after he flogs leaburn. Others will leave without signing professionally, for a pittance. 

Is moneyball on Netflix at the moment or something? Perhaps he’s going to be the next one to realise that doesn’t work in ‘soccer’. 
  • robroy said:
    Apparently he’s asking for £25million to sell. Mental 
    That's just speculation on another site.
    However, it's not impossible that someone might just be rich enough to pay a large sum, so why not put out the feelers and see if anyone bites?