Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• To1SCP said:
    Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    i don’t blame him for wanting out, if he does. 
    All the crap he gets on here, i’m surprised he’s still around.
    How many more owners are we going to hound out?
    All the shit ones.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Gribbo said:
    Obviously saw the "Valley Parade" faux pas, but are they also saying the white kit is a nod towards chalk pits that were once in the area?
    Oh come on, you know this stuff is all the rage these days. 
    I mean I wasn’t going to buy a shirt but now I’ve heard about the nod back to a former chalk pit in the area, I feel compelled to…

Up the bantams….
    If they are inspired by the pits near Valley Parade, shouldn't they be black?
  • ACADEMY UPDATE

Budget adjustments

As part of the club’s target of moving closer to a break-even status over the next two seasons, there have been adjustments to budgets across all departments at the club.

Sandgaard said: “The academy is a key asset to our club. Just this season we’ve seen players come through our academy and impact the men’s first team. Throughout the years the club has also benefitted from player sales.

“Our academy costs millions of pounds a year to run and we see a real benefit to that spend. Whilst there have been adjustments in the budget at the academy, they are a very small percentage compared to what we spend on the academy. The changes have been made in conjunction with those running the academy to minimalise any impact.”

Avory said: “Throughout my time here there have been increases and decreases in the budget and it is something you have to manage. I have been pleased that the changes we’ve made in the academy this summer haven’t resulted in us making staffing cuts.

“As the productivity numbers show, we have an excellent academy here, with excellent staff, working hard and delivering excellent results. The adjustments in the budget don’t change that and, as have been shown by our progress this season, our focus is continuing to develop players to get to our men’s first team and represent Charlton Athletic.”

Kit

Like many departments at the club, the academy have been impacted by the challenges faced by the club’s kit supplier Castore.

It means some academy teams are still playing or training in last season’s kit. The club are working hard with Castore to get everything in place as soon as possible.

A Castore statement said: “Due to supply chain issues off the back of the pandemic, all sportswear retail partners have experienced delays in clothing and accessories. However, Castore is working tirelessly to get desired product to Charlton as soon as possible.”

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/academy-update
  • edited October 2022
    Gribbo said:
    clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Budget adjustments

As part of the club’s target of moving closer to a break-even status over the next two seasons, there have been adjustments to budgets across all departments at the club.

Sandgaard said: “The academy is a key asset to our club. Just this season we’ve seen players come through our academy and impact the men’s first team. Throughout the years the club has also benefitted from player sales.

“Our academy costs millions of pounds a year to run and we see a real benefit to that spend. Whilst there have been adjustments in the budget at the academy, they are a very small percentage compared to what we spend on the academy. The changes have been made in conjunction with those running the academy to minimalise any impact.”

Avory said: “Throughout my time here there have been increases and decreases in the budget and it is something you have to manage. I have been pleased that the changes we’ve made in the academy this summer haven’t resulted in us making staffing cuts.

“As the productivity numbers show, we have an excellent academy here, with excellent staff, working hard and delivering excellent results. The adjustments in the budget don’t change that and, as have been shown by our progress this season, our focus is continuing to develop players to get to our men’s first team and represent Charlton Athletic.”

Kit

Like many departments at the club, the academy have been impacted by the challenges faced by the club’s kit supplier Castore.

It means some academy teams are still playing or training in last season’s kit. The club are working hard with Castore to get everything in place as soon as possible.

A Castore statement said: “Due to supply chain issues off the back of the pandemic, all sportswear retail partners have experienced delays in clothing and accessories. However, Castore is working tirelessly to get desired product to Charlton as soon as possible.”

"supply chain issue"

That'll be the Russian polyester mines being cut off
    The container with our shit in it probably fell off that boat when it got stuck in the Suez Canal. Would be just our luck.
  • edited October 2022
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Budget adjustments

Kit

"supply chain issue"

That'll be the Russian polyester mines being cut off
    The container with our shit in it probably fell off that boat when it got stuck in the Suez Canal. Would be just our luck.
    River Thames more likely
  • edited October 2022
    clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Kit

Yet I can buy the kit on eBay and not the club shop 🤣

• Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Kit

Look out for cheap originals Daz
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps we can have a factual statement about staff turnover - numbers not names?

No, thought not.
    The statement was about the academy. Steve Avory stated nobody let go.
  • Gribbo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Kit

Look out for cheap originals Daz
    It's from KitBag an official kit supplier.
  • clive said:

ACADEMY UPDATE

Budget adjustments

Kit

So that puts an end to all that crap …!! Move on !!

Not until I’ve had it confirmed by the Plymouth Herald 
  • edited October 2022
    Presumably "desired" product actually means "contracted" product?

I feel a game of wank word bingo is in the offing.
  • Article sounds better but sadly I have lost faith in all words from the club now.
    But it does look a lot clearer from that the reason for the non-Castore kit looks firmly down to Castore rather than the club owing Castore hundreds of thousands, which I think was rumoured. 
  • Anyone not cutting back whilst this government is trashing our Country is stupid.
  • Article sounds better but sadly I have lost faith in all words from the club now.
    But it does look a lot clearer from that the reason for the non-Castore kit looks firmly down to Castore rather than the club owing Castore hundreds of thousands, which I think was rumoured. 
    Agreed but i fail to see how the club have been selling kit in the shop yet don't have any to give to the academy teams?
  • Sponsored links:

Agreed but i fail to see how the club have been selling kit in the shop yet don't have any to give to the academy teams?
    The club aren’t selling kit are they? Castore run the club shop, Castore are selling replica kit. 

I don't know how it works for football kit, but here in the US, replica is just that. It looks like the same kit the players wear but it’s made differently. You can buy authentic player type shirts, but they cost much more. 
  • Smithy said:
    I really don’t think he’s looking to sell. I think he genuinely believes this can all work.
    Nothing is impossible as far as the owner is concerned 
  • edited October 2022
    Article sounds better but sadly I have lost faith in all words from the club now.
    The club aren’t selling kit are they? Castore run the club shop, Castore are selling replica kit. 

I don't know how it works for football kit, but here in the US, replica is just that. It looks like the same kit the players wear but it’s made differently. You can buy authentic player type shirts, but they cost much more. 
    With the NFL/NBA and top football teams you do have differences between the replica and the authentic, player issue shirts. You can even buy the player issue ones but for about 50% more.

However, I highly doubt for a League One club that there is any difference between the replica shirts and those that the players wear.

Even if there is, it is strange that Castore wouldn’t want the academy to wear their product over Hummel’s, even if they are replicas.
  • Smithy said:
    I really don’t think he’s looking to sell. I think he genuinely believes this can all work.
    I think you are on a very small minority there Smithy.
    I reckon this is definitely his final season as our owner. 

The idiot from another planet thrives on a positive reputation and believes he should have a chair on Danish plonker dragons den.

I think he is undecided about whether or not he will try and sell the club. 

I guess his priority is to stop losing money.

That was important for him as soon as he found out he no longer gave a shit about the football club in general

• I know it to be rubbish Airman, but some people believe every rumour, particularly when nothing official is said to oppose it. 
    This, we need our own fact checkers. Sadly this happens a lot on Twitter and elsewhere. 
  • Smithy said:
    I think you are on a very small minority there Smithy.
    I reckon this is definitely his final season as our owner. 
    I’m begging for you to be right mate honestly. 
  • edited October 2022
    Latest, possibly/probably nonsense, rumour:
    Apparently the source is JFC’s old man: