Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• The JFC situation is an interesting scenario.

If he hadn't got injured a second time would he have stayed? I suspect not. Loyalty cuts both ways.

Charlton gave him a new contract knowing he wouldn't play a meaningful part in 2021/22. I don't believe he is a victim. I feel that we could reasonably expect some loyalty this season for supporting his rehabilitation.

Central midfield seems to be the one area that we are quite well stocked. Could JFC break through given his injury record? I don't know.

It is a shame that the loan to AFC Wimbledon fell through. Maybe it would he either rebooted him or it would have confirmed he is not the same player.

If he was a proper left back ( let's forget Fulham away the other season when going forward but not defensively he was outstanding) left footed central defender or striker I would agree that he could fill a gap but in CM we are well stocked.

Hopefully he will either make his impact back in the side or be gone in January.
  • If JFC really wanted to play could he not waive the clause? He obviously knows he's not getting picked for league games and can't be that fussed. 
  • edited October 2022
    If the JFC story is true, and if it is having an impact on him getting game time, then it seems to me that it would make sense for both parties to agree to waive the apparent wage increase. Obviously it benefits Charlton as we would have a player that we can play without fear of it hurting us financially. It also benefits JFC though, he isn’t getting the pay rise either way, but formally waiving his right to the pay rise may help him get some minutes and proving that he is over his injury issues. That would  make him a more marketable prospect when he’s trying to get a contract somewhere else in the summer. 

This ignores the possibility that the reason he isn’t getting game time is because the couple of very serious injuries he’s suffered in the last few years mean he’s no longer the player he once was. The pay rise issue, if it is even real, might actually be incidental but a good excuse his people want to put out there to help provide an answer when prospective clubs ask why he’s hardly kicked a ball this season. 
  • jbaker said:
    It’s a load of crap. STOP GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM RANDOMS ON TWITTER.
    It’s not. . . Also been told this . . .on a couple of separate occasions  and they were more than happy to tell me. He has an automatic wage rise if he plays 2 league games. Club don’t want to pay it. Contract was auto renewed so he didn’t have a choice. Rather than slag people with info why not just keep quiet 🤫 
    Yup, regrettably the same and I believe he deserves better treatment quite frankly. Think on his exact circumstances and do the math, you will see this for what it is and while a legally binding contract is just that, it does not mean to say that it is acceptable treatment. Just my opinion, of course, but the sort of outcome which leaves me pretty ashamed of what our great club has become. 
    He was out of contract and injured and despite him wanting to leave we gave him another contract to see him through his recovery. Given the amount of games he has played I think we have done well by him.
    It is a shame his loan did not go through in the summer, but I think the vast majority of us would want every penny of the budget spent on a striker in January.
  • Swisdom said:
    I was told this week that JfC is due a large pay rise after his next league appearance.  That’s why he is only in contention in the cups.  Simple as that.  

Source - some guy as close to the situation as you can get.
    worth every penny
  • edited October 2022
    jbaker said:
    It’s a load of crap. STOP GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM RANDOMS ON TWITTER.
    It’s not. . . Also been told this . . .on a couple of separate occasions  and they were more than happy to tell me. He has an automatic wage rise if he plays 2 league games. Club don’t want to pay it. Contract was auto renewed so he didn’t have a choice. Rather than slag people with info why not just keep quiet 🤫 
    Okay random man with 25 comments on here. I should believe you because you're another random but on a different website? 

Contracts with wages increases after consecuative league apperances doesn't happen. If so he would be playing every other game. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I was told this week that JfC is due a large pay rise after his next league appearance.  That’s why he is only in contention in the cups.  Simple as that.  

Source - some guy as close to the situation as you can get.
    I can believe you so that's fine. 
  • I think it may be simpler than these theories. You only have to look at JFC's injury record and the fact that a move collapsed before the window closed to realise that Garner doesn't think he has a future at Charlton. If JFC was to play and got injured, then any potential move would then be scuppered if that injury was to carry over into the January window. Sandgaard has stated that players would have to move out before players could come in and we know that JFC and Jaiyesimi were potential leavers in the summer with the latter now on the injured list. If I were the manager and I wanted to bring players in and that was based on players leaving, then I would want those players fit and ready to talk to other clubs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    Oh come on his just a bit clumsy eats not he’s fault!
  • LenGlover said:
    Dave2l said:
    The reported £600k for the womens team made me think he was flush because that’s the last thing to spunk dough on if you were on a budget 

He was attempting to show off by pretending he deeply cares about women's football and he has lots of money.

Its a way of getting brownie points...even though he's old, married, none of them would be interested in him and no one cares.

Still, I hope it at least helped them out and they used the money to invest in their squad.

Take advantage of it

In the USA Womens football is bigger than Mens so, as a Danish American, perhaps he thought the Womens team would be a good short to medium term investment.

The Euros success in the summer might mean revenue for successful Womens teams in the future particularly if England have a decent World Cup next year too.

Whilst I can understand his investment in the Womens team I am completely unenamoured with much else of how he is running our Club. 
    Total bollocks.
  • Richard J said:
    The JFC situation is an interesting scenario.

If he hadn't got injured a second time would he have stayed? I suspect not. Loyalty cuts both ways.

Charlton gave him a new contract knowing he wouldn't play a meaningful part in 2021/22. I don't believe he is a victim. I feel that we could reasonably expect some loyalty this season for supporting his rehabilitation.

Central midfield seems to be the one area that we are quite well stocked. Could JFC break through given his injury record? I don't know.

It is a shame that the loan to AFC Wimbledon fell through. Maybe it would he either rebooted him or it would have confirmed he is not the same player.

If he was a proper left back ( let's forget Fulham away the other season when going forward but not defensively he was outstanding) left footed central defender or striker I would agree that he could fill a gap but in CM we are well stocked.

Hopefully he will either make his impact back in the side or be gone in January.
    Who knows how match fit he is. But I reckon the top Div 1 teams will overrun us in midfield with Fraser there. Dobson and a fit JFC would be a good 2 in a 4 4 2. Lets see on Monday. Hope to be wrong ( although we will probably be playing a three man midfield by the looks  of it witb one sriker.
  • Don't think any conspiracy, just believe TS is completely out of his depth. Thrown dummy out if pram when things are failing, and when he thinks they should be going well. Won't accept he is wrong and so cannot adapt the strategy or listen to those with experience. Bloke just needs to sell up and run back to the US.
    I think I’m just hoping there’s a more exciting explanation than Thomas just being an idiot 😩
    The obvious is usually correct.
  • Major said:
    LenGlover said:
    Dave2l said:
    The reported £600k for the womens team made me think he was flush because that’s the last thing to spunk dough on if you were on a budget 

He was attempting to show off by pretending he deeply cares about women's football and he has lots of money.

Its a way of getting brownie points...even though he's old, married, none of them would be interested in him and no one cares.

Still, I hope it at least helped them out and they used the money to invest in their squad.

Take advantage of it

In the USA Womens football is bigger than Mens so, as a Danish American, perhaps he thought the Womens team would be a good short to medium term investment.

The Euros success in the summer might mean revenue for successful Womens teams in the future particularly if England have a decent World Cup next year too.

Whilst I can understand his investment in the Womens team I am completely unenamoured with much else of how he is running our Club. 
    Total bollocks.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/us-womens-soccer-games-now-generate-more-revenue-than-mens.html

Not bollocks.
  • LenGlover said:
    Major said:
    LenGlover said:
    Dave2l said:

Take advantage of it

Total bollocks.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/us-womens-soccer-games-now-generate-more-revenue-than-mens.html

Not bollocks.
    Misleading though because the US Women's team play a lot more games than the mens team. 
  • As much as I like JFC I think he suits the system about as well as Stockley, which is why he’s not playing.
  • edited October 2022
    Vincenzo said:
    As much as I like JFC I think he suits the system about as well as Stockley, which is why he’s not playing.
    Mmm...So, we have a system do we...🤔🤷‍♂️
  • I know we're not good enough but looking at the league table, we could actually pinch 6th spot. It's our lack of defeats which still means we are technically in reaching distance

It would probably rely on a few January signings.

Question is, if Charlton made the playoffs, would you forgive sandguard?

Personally,  I just want him to fuck off.

Others may feel differently 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    stonemuse said:
    Care to enlighten those of us who are not twit's please.. ;)
  • edited October 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    stonemuse said:
    Care to enlighten those of us who are not twit's please.. ;)
    No names named or anything , just that there's a new interested party with access to funds to deal with both TS and Roland but TS remains an obstacle to a sale 
    Thanks for that..would always be helpful to have a translation for these twit announcements.. ;) 👍
  • “However, the current owners remain an obstacle to progress“

@Airman Brown?
  • DA9 said:
    All 3 mate and apparently has links to Royalty in all of them. WERE RICH I TELL YA !!!!!!