Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• edited October 2022
    JFC’s Dad? So Darren Caskey? Or perhaps his step dad Nicky Forster? People talk nonsense. 
  • The spelling floored me!

JFC... MEH!
  • The spelling floored me!

JFC... MEH!
    That was hard to read 

Not bothered by JFC’s contract situation either.  There’s bigger things at play re: TS’ ownership than JFC being prevented from playing because it will cost double his wages 
  • edited October 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:
    Latest, possibly/probably nonsense, rumour:
    Apparently the source is JFC’s old man:
    Who makes up this shit... unless he plays 2 consecutive league games 🤣 like anyone would have this in a contract, and he could still play every other game without changing his pay
    Seems to be a lot false rumours being put out there. Surely not Charlton fans
  • Like everyone else I have no idea what is going on with JFC but I would bet a pretty large wedge that this latest rumour is bollocks ! Nobody would even think of a clause like that. I think it more likely that he isnt good enough at the moment, the last couple of times he has played he looked miles of the pace. His injury is a tough one to get over after all
  • Redhenry said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:

Who makes up this shit... unless he plays 2 consecutive league games 🤣 like anyone would have this in a contract, and he could still play every other game without changing his pay
    Seems to be a lot false rumours being put out there. Surely not Charlton fans
    I don't think anyone else cares enough to make up fake charlton rumour. They'll be attention seeking chatlton fans
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it to be rubbish Airman, but some people believe every rumour, particularly when nothing official is said to oppose it. 
    Agreed but considering the owner, who previously couldn't keep off social media, has now taking to hiding in his bunker, rumour and supposition will be almost the order of the day.
  • edited October 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    se9addick said:
    TBF, I hope we put the same clause in Chuk’s contract! 
  • Article sounds better but sadly I have lost faith in all words from the club now.
    But it does look a lot clearer from that the reason for the non-Castore kit looks firmly down to Castore rather than the club owing Castore hundreds of thousands, which I think was rumoured. 
    Agreed but i fail to see how the club have been selling kit in the shop yet don't have any to give to the academy teams?
    As already said by others, the kits made for fans are often made from different materials than the match worn stuff.

That could explain it? Or Castore are making the decision that they would rather try to sell the shirts than supply the U11s.
  • What happened to the Women's team renaming nonsense? Has he given up on that now?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    What happened to the Women's team renaming nonsense? Has he given up on that now?
    He’s shortly to rename them all “unemployed”
  • CAFCTrev said:
    What happened to the Women's team renaming nonsense? Has he given up on that now?
    I thought his good lady was dealing with all that. Well she was the one the FA wrote to, not him. 
  • To1SCP said:
    Is it just me or are the majority moaning about the attendances the ones that aren't attending?
    i don’t blame him for wanting out, if he does. 
    All the crap he gets on here, i’m surprised he’s still around.
    How many more owners are we going to hound out?
    Agreed not sure he wants out , think people are very blind when it comes to football and owners , just because you get a new owner don’t mean your suddenly going to spend 10 mill on new players ( to be fair to TS not many other league one clubs have spent as much as us since COVID only Ipswich ? ) … who do you want someone like TS who running it like a business which will mean the club will still be a club in 10 years time might not spectacular but there will be good times and bad times or do you want someone who comes in like a bull in a China shop might buy success for 12 months but then puts the club whole existence in doubt because they run out of money …

personally after the last 8 years of neglect and assist stripping .. we need the calm business approach it’s the fans who need to adjust their expectations 
    Just when I think you have reached the bottom of stupidity you go and surpass yourself. 
    Either that or you really are a wum. 
    The latter.
  • Dave2l said:
    The reported £600k for the womens team made me think he was flush because that’s the last thing to spunk dough on if you were on a budget 

He was attempting to show off by pretending he deeply cares about women's football and he has lots of money.

Its a way of getting brownie points...even though he's old, married, none of them would be interested in him and no one cares.

Still, I hope it at least helped them out and they used the money to invest in their squad.

Take advantage of it

In the USA Womens football is bigger than Mens so, as a Danish American, perhaps he thought the Womens team would be a good short to medium term investment.

The Euros success in the summer might mean revenue for successful Womens teams in the future particularly if England have a decent World Cup next year too.

Whilst I can understand his investment in the Womens team I am completely unenamoured with much else of how he is running our Club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• jbaker said:
    It’s a load of crap. STOP GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM RANDOMS ON TWITTER.
    It’s not. . . Also been told this . . .on a couple of separate occasions  and they were more than happy to tell me. He has an automatic wage rise if he plays 2 league games. Club don’t want to pay it. Contract was auto renewed so he didn’t have a choice. Rather than slag people with info why not just keep quiet 🤫 
    What you are saying is different to what was said before. One of you is wrong 😑 
  • Swisdom said:
    I was told this week that JfC is due a large pay rise after his next league appearance.  That’s why he is only in contention in the cups.  Simple as that.  

Source - some guy as close to the situation as you can get.
    Assuming it’s accurate why did we trigger the contract extension? Because we expected to sell in the transfer window and recoup some of of the costs of his salary whilst injured?

Seems a strange commercial tactic given we are led to believe player wages are known amongst and between clubs and agents. Can’t see how that was ever likely to pan out to our advantage. Don’t forget TS dues seemingly rely on Gallen on this side of things so seems a bit random. 

And didn’t Garner in an article with Cawley rebuff this suggestion?
  • edited October 2022
    Swisdom said:
    I was told this week that JfC is due a large pay rise after his next league appearance.  That’s why he is only in contention in the cups.  Simple as that.  

Assuming it’s accurate why did we trigger the contract extension? Because we expected to sell in the transfer window and recoup some of of the costs of his salary whilst injured?

Seems a strange commercial tactic given we are led to believe player wages are known amongst and between clubs and agents. Can’t see how that was ever likely to pan out to our advantage. Don’t forget TS dues seemingly rely on Gallen on this side of things so seems a bit random. 

Yes here you go;  https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/ben-garner-charlton-midfielders-lack-of-league-one-game-time-not-down-to-contract-appearances-trigger/
  • Swisdom said:

This is now the third version.
    The most likely but that is just my opinion. I also think it is quite understandable if we want him off the books. Half wages is a real incentive to find a club in January.
  • RedChaser said:
    Swisdom said:

Yes here you go;  https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/ben-garner-charlton-midfielders-lack-of-league-one-game-time-not-down-to-contract-appearances-trigger/
    It must be an astute business decision...
    That no Charlton fan will understand.
    It’s a crafty ‘ignorance is bliss’ stance that Garner has taken. In one breath he’s saying it’s not to do with appearances and then in another says to the Club Secretary ‘I’m not interested in a pay rise trigger so don’t tell me’. In other words if I don’t know what’s in the players contract it can’t affect my decision whether to play him or not 😏.
  • Ok let's look at this in another way. In the games that he has played how many think he should be in the 1st team ? I think this is another example of players that are not playing for whatever reason are world beaters. If he was that good a club would have signed him rather that JJ at the last minute 
  • If Fraser wasn't playing well, there would be a lot more cause for consternation. If he gets injured...well, that's when questions will start being asked
  • jbaker said:
    It’s a load of crap. STOP GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM RANDOMS ON TWITTER.
    It’s not. . . Also been told this . . .on a couple of separate occasions  and they were more than happy to tell me. He has an automatic wage rise if he plays 2 league games. Club don’t want to pay it. Contract was auto renewed so he didn’t have a choice. Rather than slag people with info why not just keep quiet 🤫 
    Yup, regrettably the same and I believe he deserves better treatment quite frankly. Think on his exact circumstances and do the math, you will see this for what it is and while a legally binding contract is just that, it does not mean to say that it is acceptable treatment. Just my opinion, of course, but the sort of outcome which leaves me pretty ashamed of what our great club has become.