Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Why are people getting excited about Ashley when he is buying Wasps in Coventry? 
     I know he flew by helicopter to pick up his wife's new puppy but had no idea he was heading to Coventry to satisfy an Apiculture hobby?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Four questions that need answering right now….

1. How many sons does Ashley have?
    2. Does the eldest have a more powerful shot than Martin?
    3. Can the middle one tell as many lies on twitter as Joachim?
    4. Is the youngest also christened Clegnut?
    Does he play any instruments?
  • yes the pink oboe
  • Billy_Mix said:
    TS cutting the budget at the academy?

The SLP: 'Skintgaard has described the figure mentioned as “not accurate”.'

That's not a denial.
    Promoted Anthony Hayes and didn't replace him.
    Also savings on travel, physios(!) "not dictated by me(TS)" so he's a bystander on the academy budget too!

I've worked out when Skintgaard is lying: - his lips move

I ain't got the first clue what he's up to, what he thinks he's up to and what he's getting out of it.  I do know I don't trust his judgement.  I do know that the onfield situation has deteriorated steadily since his hands have been on the tiller.
    His next decision will have to be: put up with Garner's inept bumbling in the feint hope Lady Luck bestows points on us or bite the bullet find a replacement and cough up the bumbler's compo. 
    I've no expectation TS wakes up to the reality of his hopelessness as the club's CEO, gets in someone competent and risks another chunk of his wealth and credibility on reversing the accelerating decline he is currently masterminding. 
    'Not dictated by me' means, 'You must save 150k, I don't care how you do it.'. He obviously felt he had to respond to this, unlike other recent claims, because the Academy would be a big part of his sales pitch to a new buyer. If that too is collapsing the club becomes even less valuable than it already is.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've missed so many pages on here so apologies if old news. The two kit guys rumoured to have been sacked. Spoke to my mate who walks his dog with one of them this morning. Apparently they were so pissed off with what is going on at the club that they both resigned a fortnight ago.
     Must be bad for someone to resign in the current climate. Was there something specific that happened to them or was it just the general mood around the place?
  • Just as an aside.

Simon Hallet the owner of table topping Plymouth Argyle who are now hitting genuine gates of over 15,000, has a net worth of $83 Millon. I would think this is less than a third of TS.

According to this web site https://www.benzinga.com/sec/insider-trades/zyxi/thomas-sandgaard Sandgaard has a net worth of $43m which is a lot less than I thought
  • _MrDick said:
    Just as an aside.

Simon Hallet the owner of table topping Plymouth Argyle who are now hitting genuine gates of over 15,000, has a net worth of $83 Millon. I would think this is less than a third of TS.

According to this web site https://www.benzinga.com/sec/insider-trades/zyxi/thomas-sandgaard Sandgaard has a net worth of $43m which is a lot less than I thought
    He's worth less than Sparrows Lane and The Valley.
  • edited October 2022

_MrDick said:
    Just as an aside.

He's worth less than Sparrows Lane and The Valley.

In more ways than one
  • Just as an aside.

It’s a very modest setup, the training ground currently is just a part of the public park that Home park sits in, there’s plans for a proper facility now some land has been purchased elsewhere.
    He let’s the right people do their jobs. Amazing I know: from my local viewpoint it looks like they’re doing what we did when held up as what can be achieved, and the ground is filling up because they’re playing well simple as that.
    Utter bastards.
  • Just as an aside.

Reminds me of something Mr F once told me when we started courting :

It's not how much you've got, but the way that you use it".

Until now, I had no idea what he meant.....
    I’m trying to work out if you got a tingle or not from that statement ……

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope she knows how to queue.
  • edited October 2022
    Just as an aside.

I've never been to Plymouth so don't know the grpound.  One of Sandgaard's biggest issues is that the valley is a hugely expensive overhead with only L1 attendance - hence his desire to "fill the valley".  Matchday costs for security, stewards, police, cleaners, etc. plus the weekly fixed costs of electricity, groundsman, etc, etc. would probably be OK for a Championship/lower prem team but in L1 must be a big drain on resources.  Obviously a lot more to it but, like so many have already said, the only way he will increase attendance is (1) On field performance must improve and score goals and win games.  (2) Reduce the ticket prices (more than the recent token)...then he might have a chance!
  • I've also heard that Ashley has bought kittens and bunnies for other members of his immediate family.

If that's true, then how could we not welcome him to the club (irrespective of the staff issues at Sports Direct).
  • Fascinating table from Bob.
    Ashley bought the club in 2007 and sold it in 2021 so he was the only owner during the period that the table has been calculated.  If correct then the table suggests Newcastle United have the 10th highest transfer budget deficit at £181,840,000.  If true then it completely contradicts the earlier post (forgive me I can't recall who posted it) which contained a graphic stating that Newcastle had a transfer budget surplus during his ownership.

Unless of course he sold loads of players during the period 2007-2010?
  • Just as an aside.

😉
    Well we've been married for 52 years .....
  • Just as an aside.

😉
    Well we've been married for 52 years .....
    So more than a tingle 😀
  • Do people think if a serious amount of money was available for naming rights over The Valley that successive regimes would have rejected it? Regimes with such a strong attraction to the club’s traditions and history as Duchatelet’s? Or the spivs?

Charlton struggle to get six figures for shirt sponsorship. Look at the matchday ads on the new boards and figure how many are contras or freebies. Look at the empty kit sponsorship pages in the programme. The market isn’t there for Charlton in L1.

Sure, someone like Ashley can plaster the ground with their own ads, but I seriously doubt it is worth any significant amount in cash terms. 
    So much ado about nothing then!
  • Just as an aside.

And they've just got additional investment from America too, a Swedish NHL player was involved too. Paid £4m for 20%

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62395642

• Bilko said:
    Who’s ready to support the team at the SportsDirect.com Valley?
    It will always be The Valley to me. Anyone with a right mind will call it that regardless. So I wouldn’t have a problem with it, I’m afraid it’s the sign of the times.
    Probably in the minority but I’d hate this with a passion. Completely the opposite of what I want football and especially Charlton to be like. I honestly would rather be in league 2 with our own identity than be promoted as a plastic football club