Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the name had not won the CL as a manager but as a player.

Welcome back Djimi Traore!
  • Options
    The leather trousers!  Now there's a look.
    What leather trousers?🤔
  • Options
    WSS said:
    "Charlton has been mis-managed or not run well for many, many years and, although I would’ve liked us to be promoted by now, I don’t think we’d have been ready so it’s probably better."

Is this fairer now...?
    But he then went on to say ‘decades of mismanagement’. And still saying PL in five years. 
  • Options
    The leather trousers!  Now there's a look.
    Better than black jeans ?
  • Options
    Doubling down on the "decades of mismanagement" line ain't great.

Shame that Justin Allen doesn't appear to have asked him to elaborate on what he meant.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    "Charlton has been mis-managed or not run well for many, many years and, although I would’ve liked us to be promoted by now, I don’t think we’d have been ready so it’s probably better."

Is this fairer now...?
    But he then went on to say ‘decades of mismanagement’. And still saying PL in five years. 
    'Aim to be there in 5 years, its possible' 

Personally I dont see anything wrong with dreaming big.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    WSS said:

Is this fairer now...?
    It's an exaggeration and he doesn't specifically refer to the Premiership years. I could say I've been supporting Charlton for decades and, for all but a relatively brief period of that, we have been mismanaged!

Look, he does leave himself open to criticism for distorting the facts when the bigger point he's making doesn't need him to. Unfortunately, he's making a habit of saying and doing things that detract from the positive messages he's trying to convey. We've seen it several times now:- (a) in the failed attempt to rename the women's team, his involvement overall with them a force for good; (b) the Ben Garner appointment communications saga - became a bigger story than the appointment itself, which was the result of a thorough process; and now this latest in a line of interviews, the decades statement being what will be seized on.

It makes for poor PR when he has journalists hanging on his every word. He  should be aware of that and it could be easily avoided in this instance by him stating that the Premiership era was an exception, prior to the Dowie appointment debacle, which was the cause of our troubles since I think.

I'm more interested in who the mystery man was tbh 
  • Options
    swordfish said:

I'm more interested in who the mystery man was tbh 
    Roberto Di Matteo feels like the most likely candidate - doesn't appear to have worked since leaving Aston Villa in the Championship in 2016. Got into the L1 playoffs with Milton Keynes in 08/09.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    paulfox said:
    As I'm laying next to the pool in Majorca having a nice rest I'll leave you all to it.🍺🍺
    Lovely, have a good time, and a nice cold one to cool us all down.👍
    Cheers I will
    🍺
    Don't forget the factor 50, dear friend ! 

Hope you're having lots of family fun. x
    There’s a lot to cover so a gallon maybe enough😂
  • Options
    Should he say at least 16 years of mismanagement? 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    paulfox said:
    As I'm laying next to the pool in Majorca having a nice rest I'll leave you all to it.🍺🍺
    Lovely, have a good time, and a nice cold one to cool us all down.👍
    Cheers I will
    🍺
    Don't forget the factor 50, dear friend ! 

Hope you're having lots of family fun. x
    There’s a lot to cover so a gallon maybe enough😂
    Cheeky git.
    Sadly you ain't wrong 😣
  • Options
    So, some of our players are referenced as a little quirky and quiet…That made me PMSL 🤣 

Overall, a good article, pictures an utter Sun cringe-fest, but if you are a little eccentric and outgoing, an opportunity to fill ye boots 😉
  • Options
    Well I’m going into the season with 100% support. Personality wise he’s a marmite character (that I don’t particularly align to) and some of the criticisms are definitely valid. But many others are unjust and OTT, and the scrutiny of every word coming out his mouth with an eye to challenge or criticise is going too far imo. 

People are looking for unrealistic perfection; the ideal owner equally prepared to lose tens of millions on our club. I’ve learnt it’s never going to be perfect with us. 

Sandgaard says some outlandish things and is equally as belligerent. But he seems committed to making us a success and confident in himself and people closest to him that that’s his best route to achieving it. Another year of failure will undoubtedly challenge that and everyone will be fully justified in making clear that lessons just haven’t been learned. 

But until that failure manifests itself I’m going to try and be positive and supportive in a project that is no  doubt costing a fortune to keep us running. 

Come on Thomas, get it right. Let’s have a great season
    This with bells on.👍
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    He may have his funny ways but he cares and is putting his time and money into Charlton. On Saturday morning he flew in from the states and drove ( or was driven ) straight up to Accrington. How many owners have we had that would do that ?
    I wouldn’t question his commitment. Or that of the other fans who travelled to Accrington. It’s more weird that we had a string of previous owners without it, back to 2010.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I would say that we have been criminally mismanaged in the last 15 years. Sandgaard would IMO be best ensuring he is not part of the continuation of that but part of the end of it. Then he can play his music on a loop at the Valley and say what he likes without any criticism from me. 
  • Options
    So, some of our players are referenced as a little quirky and quiet…

He meant our fans , I'm certain 
  • Options
    I would say that we have been criminally mismanaged in the last 15 years. Sandgaard would IMO be best ensuring he is not part of the continuation of that but part of the end of it. Then he can play his music on a loop at the Valley and say what he likes without any criticism from me. 
    So does that mean for now we can all bash him and moan about whatever he does and says, until he achieves and does what we want as fans?. Seems a bit one way traffic to me. I’m inclined to do it the other way, support until he really fucks it up,if he does.then I’ll spit my dummy out!.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

It's fucking embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for who? You or TS? 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    So does that mean for now we can all bash him and moan about whatever he does and says, until he achieves and does what we want as fans?. Seems a bit one way traffic to me. I’m inclined to do it the other way, support until he really fucks it up,if he does.then I’ll spit my dummy out!.
    No, It means we can have a critical eye pointing out both good and bad and remove our tongues from his arse. We have been in this League too long and the fans who don't mind that are more part of the problem than the solution in my view.
    I’m not going to keep explaining my stance to people who are suggesting I’m blowing smoke up the blokes arse. Read AFKA’s comment earlier which I fully agree with, which is a comment of balance. A critical eye would suggest you are highlighting the bad, hence to criticise.
  • Options
    Then lay off fans like Blackpool FFS and just see what happens like the rest of us.
    Don’t try and turn it into me having a go at someone. Myself and Blackpool know where each other come from and debate and agree or disagree like grownups. Again you have lost the ability to read everything that’s written except the narrative you choose to see, so you can have a pop. Fill ya boots mate. Again I refer you to my views on AFKA’s post. You are trying to seperate  my views which are the same as most. Not sure why, am I not allowed in the gang.😂😂
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Whatever mistakes were made 2006-11, and they were, the word “criminally” isn’t accurate or useful in describing the continuing PL board. It normalises the scum in the boardroom under ESI and indeed what happened 2012-14. 

Plenty of good Charlton supporters putting in their own money and wanting the best for the club following relegation in 2007.