Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you should support him because he is taking us forwards. I honestly don't know if he is. He may be but it is not clear. Also it is not clear, but there are rumours of interest in the club. Lots we don't know.
    You’ve left us hanging there😂,, rumours of interest, but lots you don’t know.  So is that basically standard for a football club with potential?  If we are firmly in the top six by Christmas and the rumours are correct, does he cash in on the potential he is selling a championship club in the making or hold out to try and make his plan work?
  • Options
    What if we are firmly outside the top six. Will he accept he has been a failure. Not sure his ego will let him.
    Depends if he wants to bail out, outside top six makes us less attractive, especially if our season is done like it was last season. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    If it's true we're at our salary cap, he can't fund it any more than he already is, wage-wise. 

I'm not expecting a roaring success with such a big turnover of players and a new system in a single window. We had to get rid of a lot of dead wood. But I hope we're at least being set up to succeed in the near future.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If it's true we're at our salary cap, he can't fund it any more than he already is, wage-wise. 

I'm not expecting a roaring success with such a big turnover of players and a new system in a single window. We had to get rid of a lot of dead wood. But I hope we're at least being set up to succeed in the near future.
    the salary cap doesn't seem to stack up to me based on the wages we have offloaded but what i will say is people chirping up about sandgaard and he should do this or should do that tend to be those who haven't even got a season ticket and like i said last year, if you don't have a genuine good reason not to have one, i don't see how you can sit on a forum day in day out passing views on something you haven't even done the bare minimum to support - that's not aimed at you by the way and of course people can pass views on a forum all they want but they get no respect or credibility from me, that's for sure 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:

the salary cap doesn't seem to stack up to me based on the wages we have offloaded but what i will say is people chirping up about sandgaard and he should do this or should do that tend to be those who haven't even got a season ticket and like i said last year, if you don't have a genuine good reason not to have one, i don't see how you can sit on a forum day in day out passing views on something you haven't even done the bare minimum to support - that's not aimed at you by the way and of course people can pass views on a forum all they want but they get no respect or credibility from me, that's for sure 
    my wife and I can't make evening games due to train time limitations and as pensioners it is not cost effective to buy season tickets for only Saturday games, we shall come to Saturday matches paying by the match and according to you we do not get your respect or creditability.
    Doucher I suggest that you stick your respect and creditability where the sun doesn't shine or come down from your ivory tower 
    bore off - u have a genuine reason not to have a season ticket - understand???? not going to explain all that again, its very simple 
  • Options
    just waiting for away game only man to pipe up now... 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Doucher - apologies read the last bit first and got annoyed, and no I won't bore off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Maybe you should support him because he is taking us forwards. I honestly don't know if he is. He may be but it is not clear. Also it is not clear, but there are rumours of interest in the club. Lots we don't know.
    If the rumours concern mega rich Americans who apparently keep having offers knocked back by TS, I doubt the credibility of the sources. 

Airman with his connections would bring such an interest to our attention if known and there was anything to support it. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't, so I'm ignoring that.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    just waiting for away game only man to pipe up now... 
    Please no.
  • Options
    What happened to the original Sandgaard thread? I get an error when I try to open it.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89662/he-s-only-gone-and-done-it-tel-thomas-sandgaard-charlton-athletic-owner

• Options
    What happened to the original Sandgaard thread? I get an error when I try to open it.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89662/he-s-only-gone-and-done-it-tel-thomas-sandgaard-charlton-athletic-owner

Yeah it got removed after someone had too much Weetabix
  • Options
    Good set of results, especially when compared with Q1. Share price appears to be on slow but steady recovery. Still way short of 2020 peak, but possibly it's finding its natural place. 
    Not sure how much it's affected by the Rak-Sakyi rumour, though... 
  • Options
    What happened to all that stuff about them losing their main source of income?
  • Options
    Apologies for linking The Scum. But quite a long article/interview with Thomas.

Interesting that he is saying Garner was Martin's recommendation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies for linking The Scum. But quite a long article/interview with Thomas.

Interesting that he is saying Garner was Martin's recommendation.

Oh god!!, get ready for the responses to this, I wonder what they could possibly be?😂
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Nice interview, thanks. I wonder who the Champions League manager was. 

Sounds like he's cracking on with his long-term project and not like he's selling.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Sounds like he's cracking on with his long-term project and not like he's selling.
    Laudrup?

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Bring back the midget cars!!!!😂
    My mum's first visit to the Valley. 
    Wasn’t she very big??😜🤣👍
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Laudrup?

Jon Dahl Tomasson was one that got mentioned a few times, he'd won the title with Malmo
  • Options
    He’s a bit like Saul Goodman.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Nah I think it was Alex Ferguson.
  • Options
    The leather trousers!  Now there's a look.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Laudrup?

Reads as if it was someone who had won the chanpions league as  manager, Robeto di Matteo would be my guess