Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    nice to see the fans are as one and looking forward to the new season!!!. Not sure of peoples end game🤔😂
    Yes, because a discussion on social media a week earlier about something wholly unrelated is going to seriously affect the players and fans at the opening games. How can anyone be expected to cope?
    Alright touchy, you’ve noticed we have players and fans and not just a terrible owner have you?🤣
    Airman has far more knowledge on how this club has been run and how it should be run than most on here. 
    Maybe take on board what he says rather than have a sly dig.
    The Chair of the Supporters Trust
    The Charlton Athletic Fans Adviser

Not just the VOTV editor is it? 
    Exactly. 
    I've known Airman for many a year and I would put more trust in what he says than the people who dig him out.
    That’s your prerogative and I respect the loyalty. for the record I’ve not said he is a liar, just that he is overly negative IMO, he took exception to it and in his good journalistic style decided to report all my comments are worthless, not for him to decide, even if they are.🤣. My issue isn’t with anyone else including you Blackpool.
    @blackpool72 can sleep easy at night now.

Would you like to know of a story about a cat?
    You are having a turn now are you?. 🙄
    Dear oh dear.

You need to turn it in.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    nice to see the fans are as one and looking forward to the new season!!!. Not sure of peoples end game🤔😂
    Yes, because a discussion on social media a week earlier about something wholly unrelated is going to seriously affect the players and fans at the opening games. How can anyone be expected to cope?
    Alright touchy, you’ve noticed we have players and fans and not just a terrible owner have you?🤣
    Airman has far more knowledge on how this club has been run and how it should be run than most on here. 

Exactly. 
    I've known Airman for many a year and I would put more trust in what he says than the people who dig him out.
    That’s your prerogative and I respect the loyalty. for the record I’ve not said he is a liar, just that he is overly negative IMO, he took exception to it and in his good journalistic style decided to report all my comments are worthless, not for him to decide, even if they are.🤣. My issue isn’t with anyone else including you Blackpool.

Dear oh dear.
    🤣. It was turned in. Nothing to do with you.
    neither myself or Airman had chosen to comment any further today which is fine, you didn’t need to have a pop and stir the shit.ffs.
  • Options
    24 Red said:
    paulfox said:

It is not loyalty, it is looking at your sources and applying a value to them. Airman is probably one of the mosy reliable sources if not the most reliable one we have. Of course you need a open mind rather than hearing what you want to hear.
    I recall Airman Brown being criticised for his downbeat assessments of previous owners, but his insights and judgement have almost always been valuable and accurate so far. As he says himself, nobody knows how things will turn out and it is entirely legitimate to take a more upbeat view of our current situation but Airman rarely posts anything on here that doesn't have substance and you have to take it seriously, rather than seeing it as evidence of his unreasonable pessimism. With regards to the 'two decade' controversy, I agree that the tweet does come across slightly pedantic in isolation but when seen as part of the wider narrative Sandgaard is presenting about the past, it was worth calling him out on it. Sandgaard may yet rescue us from bad management but the measure of that will be when under his leadership CAFC is a thriving club in the Championship, our natural level I think.   
    Agree with this line and it’s one that’s sometimes overlooked.

The Prem Years were our exception to the rule and as enjoyable as they were, for me, I would expect our natural place in the pecking order to be a touch above Millwall and similar to Palace. Around mid table in the Championship 
    Whilst I agree with this unfortunately 9 of the last 14 years would suggest otherwise. Of course we should aspire to be in the play offs as a minimum this season but the 3 clubs who got relegated are probably in better shape than us and factor in Sheff W, Ipswich , Portsmouth even Bolton and Mk Dons who will all be expecting the same, so realism probably exceeds our expectations!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 

Dear oh dear.
    🤣. It was turned in. Nothing to do with you.
    neither myself or Airman had chosen to comment any further today which is fine, you didn’t need to have a pop and stir the shit.ffs.
    Dear oh dear.
  • Options
    As I'm laying next to the pool in Majorca having a nice rest I'll leave you all to it.🍺🍺
    Lovely, have a good time, and a nice cold one to cool us all down.👍
  • Options
    24 Red said:
    paulfox said:

It is not loyalty, it is looking at your sources and applying a value to them. Airman is probably one of the mosy reliable sources if not the most reliable one we have. Of course you need a open mind rather than hearing what you want to hear.
    I recall Airman Brown being criticised for his downbeat assessments of previous owners, but his insights and judgement have almost always been valuable and accurate so far. As he says himself, nobody knows how things will turn out and it is entirely legitimate to take a more upbeat view of our current situation but Airman rarely posts anything on here that doesn't have substance and you have to take it seriously, rather than seeing it as evidence of his unreasonable pessimism. With regards to the 'two decade' controversy, I agree that the tweet does come across slightly pedantic in isolation but when seen as part of the wider narrative Sandgaard is presenting about the past, it was worth calling him out on it. Sandgaard may yet rescue us from bad management but the measure of that will be when under his leadership CAFC is a thriving club in the Championship, our natural level I think.   

The Prem Years were our exception to the rule and as enjoyable as they were, for me, I would expect our natural place in the pecking order to be a touch above Millwall and similar to Palace. Around mid table in the Championship 
    It is never overlooked by me. Totally unacceptable the amount of time we have spent in League One in recent years. Not all Sandgaards fault but he is the one who has to address it now.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    As I'm laying next to the pool in Majorca having a nice rest I'll leave you all to it.🍺🍺
    Cheers I will
    🍺
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Cheers I will
    🍺
    Don't forget the factor 50, dear friend ! 

Hope you're having lots of family fun. x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:
    I'm beginning to think a bucket of ice cold water over your head might sort you out, @paulfox.....:-)

Nothing to sort Fanny, I’m opinionated like yourself. If people have a pop, I’m entitled to return the favour. Besides I’ve had my one wash this week😜
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Cheers I will
    🍺
    Don't forget the factor 50, dear friend ! 

Hope you're having lots of family fun. x
    I will xxxx
  • Options
    Enjoy 
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    24 Red said:
    paulfox said:

It is never overlooked by me. Totally unacceptable the amount of time we have spent in League One in recent years. Not all Sandgaards fault but he is the one who has to address it now.
    Absolutely, and he does need to address it and collectively we need to support him in doing so, not dig him out at every opportunity. Like it or not TS is who we have got and  we all have opinions but not one of us has the money to take his place. So fed up with people sitting behind their keyboards thinking they know better when they are intent on complaining about nothing they can change. 

Can we discuss/complain about our football and tactics even though its nothing we can change 

• Options
    Clarky said:
    24 Red said:
    paulfox said:

Absolutely, and he does need to address it and collectively we need to support him in doing so, not dig him out at every opportunity. Like it or not TS is who we have got and  we all have opinions but not one of us has the money to take his place. So fed up with people sitting behind their keyboards thinking they know better when they are intent on complaining about nothing they can change. 

Can we discuss/complain about our football and tactics even though its nothing we can change 

Nice one, but I wasn't aware TS was deciding on the tactics or the league season had actually started!
  • Options
    Ok so when the season starts are we allowed to discuss/complain about our  football ?
    but not discuss anything TS does …
    I just need to know what the rules are 
  • Options
    Ok so when the season starts are we allowed to discuss/complain about our  football ?
    We should be able to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly 
  • Options
    I’m not discussing TS , he’s a knobhead.😜🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no doubt TS means well and let’s hope he rights his wrongs and continues with his good actions and leads us out of this most depressing of footballing periods in the history of Charlton
    It’s not going to be easy but charlton and doing well in adversity is like rhubarb and custard!!, yes I crowbarred a custard analogy in!!😂
  • Options
    no doubt TS means well and let’s hope he rights his wrongs and continues with his good actions and leads us out of this most depressing of footballing periods in the history of Charlton
    And that is something we should all be able to agree on.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Ok Clive, I will start with the latter of your 3 suggestions, when Iain Dowie joined Cafc we started to implode and........
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 

Dear oh dear.

You need to turn it in.
    Are you Mike Reid?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 

Dear oh dear.

You need to turn it in.
    Are you Mike Reid?
    Too short.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    24 Red said:
    paulfox said:

I am happy to support him as soon as I am convinced he knows what he is doing. Why? Because if he doesn't he could kill us. We shrink every year we are in this league. I should have a much better idea one way or another by now but it is still not clear. In fact I think it is more likely he is an ego who thinks he knows more than he does than the other way round. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    As we all do already...
  • Options
    Maybe you should support him because he is taking us forwards. I honestly don't know if he is. He may be but it is not clear. Also it is not clear, but there are rumours of interest in the club. Lots we don't know.