Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    nice to see the fans are as one and looking forward to the new season!!!. Not sure of peoples end game🤔😂
    Yes, because a discussion on social media a week earlier about something wholly unrelated is going to seriously affect the players and fans at the opening games. How can anyone be expected to cope?
    Alright touchy, you’ve noticed we have players and fans and not just a terrible owner have you?🤣
    Airman has far more knowledge on how this club has been run and how it should be run than most on here. 
    Maybe take on board what he says rather than have a sly dig.
    The Chair of the Supporters Trust
    The Charlton Athletic Fans Adviser

Not just the VOTV editor is it? 
    Exactly. 
    I've known Airman for many a year and I would put more trust in what he says than the people who dig him out.
    That’s your prerogative and I respect the loyalty. for the record I’ve not said he is a liar, just that he is overly negative IMO, he took exception to it and in his good journalistic style decided to report all my comments are worthless, not for him to decide, even if they are.🤣. My issue isn’t with anyone else including you Blackpool.
    Let’s be fair here. You’re having more a dig at him than he is at you. 
    With respect actually no,  it’s been ongoing,What’s done is done, don’t mean to be rude it’s nothing to do with you. If you want to discuss and a have a view on my comments, fine. But don’t just jump on the Airman cheerleading team.
  • Options
    How can any Charlton fan be miserable as we approach our 9th season in 14 in the third tier
    as Palace clock up 10 on the spin in the prem
    and the scum are entering their 10th season in 12 in the second tier 

we should be buzzing that we might make top 6 in the third Tier 

I’m sure you’ve been a charlton fan long enough to answer that yourself!!, if we don’t get a striker, 6th may be over optimistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s pretty simple really, isn’t it?

If we are not in the Play Offs by Christmas, or very close to them, then Sandgaard is bang in trouble and so is Ben Garner.

Jackson was sacked for failing to deliver - very harshly in my view - and Sandgaard will be putting any blame for failure on Garner rather than himself.
    Yep.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    nice to see the fans are as one and looking forward to the new season!!!. Not sure of peoples end game🤔😂
    Yes, because a discussion on social media a week earlier about something wholly unrelated is going to seriously affect the players and fans at the opening games. How can anyone be expected to cope?
    Alright touchy, you’ve noticed we have players and fans and not just a terrible owner have you?🤣
    Airman has far more knowledge on how this club has been run and how it should be run than most on here. 

Exactly. 
    I've known Airman for many a year and I would put more trust in what he says than the people who dig him out.
    That’s your prerogative and I respect the loyalty. for the record I’ve not said he is a liar, just that he is overly negative IMO, he took exception to it and in his good journalistic style decided to report all my comments are worthless, not for him to decide, even if they are.🤣. My issue isn’t with anyone else including you Blackpool.
    With respect actually no,  it’s been ongoing,What’s done is done, don’t mean to be rude it’s nothing to do with you. If you want to discuss and a have a view on my comments, fine. But don’t just jump on the Airman cheerleading team.
    I’m not on anyone’s cheerleading team. Airman has made some negative comments. Some of which I admit I agree with. You’re the one that has took exception to his views which of course you’re entitled to. But don’t turn it round and accuse him of digging you out, it’s Boris Johnsonesk. 
    Excuse me? Airman chose to get personal, you really haven’t read back have you. You are welcome to your opinion. I’m not going to get into an argument with you. I stick by my views, if you don’t like it skip my post. 
    Well I’ve already read them so I can’t skip them. I think your the one who needs to have a re-read. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 
    I’m not on anyone’s cheerleading team. Airman has made some negative comments. Some of which I admit I agree with. You’re the one that has took exception to his views which of course you’re entitled to. But don’t turn it round and accuse him of digging you out, it’s Boris Johnsonesk. 
    Excuse me? Airman chose to get personal, you really haven’t read back have you. You are welcome to your opinion. I’m not going to get into an argument with you. I stick by my views, if you don’t like it skip my post. 
    Well I’ve already read them so I can’t skip them. I think your the one who needs to have a re-read. 
    😂👍
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I find it quite amusing that all this has been sparked by someone else (not @paulfox)posting my tweet on here simply in order to have a pop at me. I didn’t even post it on here. The poster did it in order to dig me out and for no other reason.
  • Options
    I find it quite amusing that all this has been sparked by someone else (not @paulfox)posting my tweet on here simply in order to have a pop at me. I didn’t even post it on here.
  • Options
    I personally don't think sandgaurd should have been suggesting the last 20 years of Charlton has been dreadful/negative etc. That is rather arrogant talk and he obviously also hasn't fully researched it enough. Just a tad lazy and stupid imo.
    The club was doing great in the early 00s. A lot of people outside Charlton could clearly identify that at the time.

In terms of the upcoming season. Let's try and at least be realistic about it.

The pressure to get to the championship is required, yes, but do yourself a favour and try to enjoy the upcoming season. 

Football is not going to disappear. We are just going through a huge shit patch. It happens to almost every club at some point and it's within a certain time bracket.
    We will get back to where we belong, eventually...

Get behind the players and the new manager. Remind yourself TS is not Hitler. He is simply just some Danish bloke.

My glass half empty assumption is Charlton will finish just outside the playoffs this season and 18months later, garner will be sacked.

Glass half full...2 options. 

Charlton will get knocked out play off semi final, but the following season, we will finish 2nd in the league.

Or, will finish outside the play offs but win the playoffs next season. 

I suggest being patient and not having a panic about it. Allow the new players to gel and feel a sense of loyal progression with the club. 

The more support they get, the better they will perform.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    SID said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 
    😂👍
    I have nothing to say but this is an amazing optical illusion... (click show previous quotes)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    The clubs been a complete shambles from about 30 May 2006, and with occasional moment, been a mess since. 
    Probably have to exclude the first 18 months of the spivs, given the performance on the pitch. But it was running on fumes even then, with hindsight.
    No single man makes a football club.

But I think it's now fair to say that when Curbishley left it fuc*kng fell to bits!
    It certainly did and, looking back, we’d have been far better off getting in a Mick McCarthy type manager that would have carried on the same pragmatic style as Curbishley than going down the Dowie path and spunking £10 million on champagne signings that went flat within weeks.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    We should all remember that posting on a public forum, whilst being entitled to our own opinion, will invite both debate and objection. 

Just because we each dont agree with something, doesnt mean we shouldn't be able to raise objections in a grown up manner, regardless of how much we support the club... After all we all love / hate Charlton in our own way, so that support should never be questioned.

Only thing I don't agree with is the way the lol! function is used - Think its a bit of a childish, petulant and a lazy way to disagree with someone. 
    The flag button should be brought back.
    God no. That got misused far worse than the LOL button is.
    I looked at my flag count one day and I had 50, 49 were given by @clb74
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 
    @blackpool72 can sleep easy at night now.

Would you like to know of a story about a cat?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Exactly. 
    @blackpool72 can sleep easy at night now.

Would you like to know of a story about a cat?
    You are having a turn now are you?. 🙄