Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I had a direct Debit with CL to give  likes to Airman Brown's posts regardless.

In this case saying it was a lie when Thomas Sandgaard said two decades and it turns out to be 16 years since Richard Murray lost his Midas touch and employed the Rocket scientists Dowie, does seem a tad pedantic, even if 4 years is an eon in football fortunes. 

What Charlton need now is Bounce back ability; what genius said that🤔

Fly me to the moon and let me play...........
  • Options
    Thomas Sandgaard is misrepresenting the club’s past, deliberately, repeatedly and purposefully. Here he is talking about 20 years prior to his takeover, so back to the return to the PL in 2000. Previously he has spoken about the club losing £100m in the two decades before RD took over in 2014, and doubled down on it when challenged, in separate interviews, even though it’s nonsense. He also spoke about RD improving the finances, which is laughable.

Why is he doing this? What’s it even got to do with him? I certainly think there is a strong  argument that what happened post 2006 - and principally the 2006/07 season - led on to the subsequent changes in ownership and collection of misfits, oddballs and chancers who took over subsequently. 

However, the club was better run from the early 1990s to the mid 2000s than at any other time in its history. If you look at where it started and what was achieved the only possible comparison is the 1930s and the world was a very different place then. 

In 2005 the club was financially robust, had returned to and rebuilt The Valley, built the new Covered End in 2002, was an established member of the Premier League, finishing seventh in 2004 and had had the same manager for a decade and a half. It had also fostered and developed one of the biggest community organisations in the game and built such a reputation that it was regarded as a role model for other clubs. Sandgaard explicitly criticised the board responsible a few months ago and now he is back at it again. Everything he owns was essentially created or restored by the people he accuses of mismanagement at that time. It is a grotesque distortion of the truth.

At the very least he is ignorant of the history and should shut up about it on that basis, but worse he has taken the club backwards in his two years in charge (down to 13th in L1) so he would be well advised to demonstrate his own management ability before commenting at all. One thing is clear, however. It’s not an accident. It’s what he wants people to believe.

That’s why I’m calling it out and will continue to do so every time he does it. The club’s history does not belong to him to redefine for his own purposes.
    You won’t be going to games for while then??…..
  • Options
    Without Curbs, Murray, Varney et al we wouldn't exist.  No ground.  No hope.  I was too young back then but the fans and owners who saved the club are our greatest ever custodians.

End of.
  • Options
    Perhaps TS could've/should've said "poorly run ACROSS 2 decades" that is closer to covering the last 14 years, or maybe for the pedantics among us "poorly run for nearly a decade and a half"
    In the end its words, we, as fans. know that things started to go tits up in 2006 and continued until Oct 2020 when TS came in.
    Now I'm not saying it's all gone swimmingly in the last, NEARLY, 2 years because it hasn't, in fact far from it, and my personal opinion is that this season is the 'make or break for TS. However do we have to continually knock TS on many threads on here and across SM?
    In the end the football and results on the pitch will define the success or otherwise of his tenure, the rest is all noise!
    I’ll be interested in the response to this ,as it’s pretty much what I said the other day, and got shot down for not having more of a view on things. I completely agree REDMIDLAND.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    You think? I think Peter is very cleverly making the point that when he ran the club so badly for a chunk of the last two decades, he also managed to put on a major concert (that Sandgaard is now trying to emulate) that made the club money aside from his disastrous spell of seven years top flight football and finishing our highest ever in living memory. Whilst rebuilding the ground, the fanbase and the reputation of the club....
    I dunno... I'm getting the impression he just loves walking dogs!!

Seems we made £90k from him walking Elton's - Perhaps Sandgaard should setup that as a venture
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice to see the fans are as one and looking forward to the new season!!!. Not sure of peoples end game🤔😂
  • Options
    Hope he’s told the council. Is there anyone left down there who even understands they need to be licensed?
    Are you ever happy about anything? 99% of your posts are about criticizing the business decisions of the club. You hardly ever have anything to say about the actual football or share in the joy of an incoming player.
    Take a deep breath and enjoy football and life, you might like it!
    On the whole I don’t bother commenting on things unless I have something to add to what’s already been said. I know nothing about L2 footballers, so while I might research a player to write about them elsewhere I’ve got no current view about four of our six signings (and nothing useful to say about the other two). 

I’ll be interested to see how they get on, hopefully they will do well,  but that’s about it. I’m certainly not “joyful” about anyone we’ve signed this summer. There isn’t actually any proper football being played yet, but I’ll be at Accrington. How about you?

Absolutely pathetic, yet absolutely true to form.
    Is Airman wrong then? Perhaps a slightly unnecessary dig as in the grand scheme of things the inaccuracy of how long we’ve been mismanaged doesn’t mean much. But I don’t see much wrong with their post anyway 
    It's pedantic beyond belief for yet another cheap unnecessary dig.
    If Simon Jordan said we had been badly run for two decades, this site would go into meltdown pointing out that we were in the Premiership for years of that spell and even relegated them from it. Guessing no-one would accuse him of being pedantic beyond belief.
    Not sure about 'this site' because I wouldn't. I'd put it down to a vague inaccuracy and move on. Supporting Charlton is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby, not a militant exercise always on duty.
    This forum is about all things Charlton. Debate and discuss
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Perhaps TS could've/should've said "poorly run ACROSS 2 decades" that is closer to covering the last 14 years, or maybe for the pedantics among us "poorly run for nearly a decade and a half"
    In the end its words, we, as fans. know that things started to go tits up in 2006 and continued until Oct 2020 when TS came in.
    Now I'm not saying it's all gone swimmingly in the last, NEARLY, 2 years because it hasn't, in fact far from it, and my personal opinion is that this season is the 'make or break for TS. However do we have to continually knock TS on many threads on here and across SM?
    In the end the football and results on the pitch will define the success or otherwise of his tenure, the rest is all noise!
    He came out at the recent q and a session run by the Supporters Trust via Zoom with this 2 decades untruth and was pulled up on it by the Chair and trust members on this. 

@shirty5 Im not disagreeing with you, like I said he should've said etc. etc......In the end, as I said, its all words, action on the pitch (not the KM kind by the way!!) is what will count.
    It just seems whatever thread I open up on here or on Twatter/FB someone is having a dig at TS for something, in the end results will determine the season.
    For example, I read on Twatter this morning a whole lot of comments that because, as yet, we haven't spent apparently, any money on transfers we are going to get relegated and we are doing things on the cheap etc. What we have done is pick up players out of contract that our new manager wanted, none of us know what else is planned. The recent interview with Garner mentioned he's been tracking a player (unknown to us) who he has wanted for a long time, plus maybe two or three more....yet all that is forgotten at the moment so people can have a gripe about something. Im too old for all this negativity about everything, if Im proved wrong come the end of the season I'll gladly jump on the TS knockers bandwagon...until then....going to enjoy the start of the season next week and see what transpires.
    Same as this.👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Charlton /TS , Paul 🦊 you’re like a touchy protective parent whose child can do no wrong at times

We can all see TS is giving it a go we’re just waiting for the important part of not being in this shithouse league for a record breaking 4th consecutive season and as it stands you can get 8 to 1 (best price I’ve seen) on Charlton not making history .
    I dont thInk that’s value currently.

Paul I’m not saying you think he’s perfect but you jump in and defend most things 
    He’s saying we’ve been a shit show for longer than we have ,twice, someone points it out , I don’t see anything wrong with TS being pulled up on that .
    the proof will be in the pudding/custard and I will be sending a large supply of ambrosia to you this season if we get promoted 
    I agree, what exactly have I defended?, I haven’t said no he hasn’t done these things have I?. I accept it’s easy to interpret my posts that way, but I don’t think he walks on water, maybe my delivery needs to be worked upon.My defence of him is towards giving him some breathing room, surely I’m allowed to seek positivity as much as people express the negative views, and yet I’m overprotective. Surely it goes both ways?. Do you think I’ll be supporting him if this season pans out like the last?. As I’ve said and people gloss over it, I’m firmly on the fence, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Look forward to the Ambrosia party!!!, actually no that sounds wrong, it’s not an invite😂😂, I’ll keep it to an individual activity!!.🤣