Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    I reckon if you asked most Charlton fans what the last 20 years have been like supporting Charlton they’d say: 

“Crap”

I think it’s just a generalised turn of phrase that really doesn’t need over-analysing.
    In isolation I’d agree. But he keeps going back to it.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I reckon if you asked most Charlton fans what the last 20 years have been like supporting Charlton they’d say: 

“Crap”

I think it’s just a generalised turn of phrase that really doesn’t need over-analysing.
    I general yes, with a drizzle of good!!!, it’s the hope that keeps us going. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Is Airman Brown said:
    Thomas Sandgaard is misrepresenting the club’s past, deliberately, repeatedly and purposefully. Here he is talking about 20 years prior to his takeover, so back to the return to the PL in 2000. Previously he has spoken about the club losing £100m in the two decades before RD took over in 2014, and doubled down on it when challenged, in separate interviews, even though it’s nonsense. He also spoke about RD improving the finances, which is laughable.

Why is he doing this? What’s it even got to do with him? I certainly think there is a strong  argument that what happened post 2006 - and principally the 2006/07 season - led on to the subsequent changes in ownership and collection of misfits, oddballs and chancers who took over subsequently. 

However, the club was better run from the early 1990s to the mid 2000s than at any other time in its history. If you look at where it started and what was achieved the only possible comparison is the 1930s and the world was a very different place then. 

In 2005 the club was financially robust, had returned to and rebuilt The Valley, built the new Covered End in 2002, was an established member of the Premier League, finishing seventh in 2004 and had had the same manager for a decade and a half. It had also fostered and developed one of the biggest community organisations in the game and built such a reputation that it was regarded as a role model for other clubs. Sandgaard explicitly criticised the board responsible a few months ago and now he is back at it again. Everything he owns was essentially created or restored by the people he accuses of mismanagement at that time. It is a grotesque distortion of the truth.

At the very least he is ignorant of the history and should shut up about it on that basis, but worse he has taken the club backwards in his two years in charge (down to 13th in L1) so he would be well advised to demonstrate his own management ability before commenting at all. One thing is clear, however. It’s not an accident. It’s what he wants people to believe.

That’s why I’m calling it out and will continue to do so every time he does it. The club’s history does not belong to him to redefine for his own purposes.
    Not because you’ve got a new edition of a fanzine to sell ? 
    An old favourite but soon to be past its selling point (no pun intended)!
  • Options
    I think someone needs to restart there zine and have something more constructive to do with its time.
  • Options
    Perhaps TS could've/should've said "poorly run ACROSS 2 decades" that is closer to covering the last 14 years, or maybe for the pedantics among us "poorly run for nearly a decade and a half"
    In the end its words, we, as fans. know that things started to go tits up in 2006 and continued until Oct 2020 when TS came in.
    Now I'm not saying it's all gone swimmingly in the last, NEARLY, 2 years because it hasn't, in fact far from it, and my personal opinion is that this season is the 'make or break for TS. However do we have to continually knock TS on many threads on here and across SM?
    In the end the football and results on the pitch will define the success or otherwise of his tenure, the rest is all noise!
    An owner who twists the truth when there is absolutely no need to do so can cannot be trusted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    The clubs been a complete shambles from about 30 May 2006, and with occasional moment, been a mess since. 
    Probably have to exclude the first 18 months of the spivs, given the performance on the pitch. But it was running on fumes even then, with hindsight.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I guess Thomas should have said 15 years , unless he wanted to include the 2 he has been in charge. 2003-04 we were held up as the model club and had England internationals playing for us

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I asked for that didnt I!!! 🙄🙄
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    paulfox said:
    There is no denying what Airman has done in past and I’ve always given respect for that and it won’t be forgotten. Maybe for that reason he should enjoy being a fan a bit more, rather than fighting the good fight. We are all fans that have travelled home and away over the years, Airman isnt the only one to have done stuff for the club. Airman needs to understand he doesn’t speak for all fans all the time and then get the arse when someone disagrees. I thank him for his past endeavours, but at the moment they are in the past. 
    @paulfox needs to stop attributing claims to @airmanbrown that he has never made and never would, just so he can justify his endless content-free replies… 
    Ok Airman, you even moan that someone has acknowledged the good things you have done. Instead try to put someone down. Well done hope you feel better.look forward to when you have something positive to contribute.I’ll be sure to send my posts to you for proof read prior to posting to make sure you are happy there is enough content, however the way you are banging on it seems you’d rather I said nothing.not going to happen though.👍

LLLBH😜
  • Options
    As a matter of interest, don’t people think that if we are celebrating 30 years back at The Valley, the many directors who led the club for 60% of that time and delivered eight seasons of PL football, as well as rebuilding the ground entirely, putting in millions of their own money to enable it, should be a central part of that celebration? Or should their part in what was achieved be publicly trashed by the current owner instead?
    Trashed by current owner 
  • Options
    WSS said:

“Crap”

10 or 15 years yes but not 20.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Perhaps TS could've/should've said "poorly run ACROSS 2 decades" that is closer to covering the last 14 years, or maybe for the pedantics among us "poorly run for nearly a decade and a half"
    In the end its words, we, as fans. know that things started to go tits up in 2006 and continued until Oct 2020 when TS came in.
    Now I'm not saying it's all gone swimmingly in the last, NEARLY, 2 years because it hasn't, in fact far from it, and my personal opinion is that this season is the 'make or break for TS. However do we have to continually knock TS on many threads on here and across SM?
    In the end the football and results on the pitch will define the success or otherwise of his tenure, the rest is all noise!
    He came out at the recent q and a session run by the Supporters Trust via Zoom with this 2 decades untruth and was pulled up on it by the Chair and trust members on this. 

And the new appointed Charlton Athletic fans adviser, Lucy Bishop who also asked him the same question which was shown by the club on its website 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    edit; changed my mind. I don't want to know