Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Garners recent comments  show how frustrated he is, and quite rightly so. His team selection against Cheltenham said it all - Squad not big enough or good enough and with TS sitting in the stand watching Garner did the equivalent of smacking him around the head with a kipper. Whether or not Garner survives much longer is another question but who in their right mind would want to replace him ?
    Unless TS has some other relatives he can bring over.........................
    Getting rid of Garner solves nothing and will cost Sandgaard money that he doesn’t want to spend. There’s no Lee Bowyer or Johnnie Jackson sitting behind the scenes as a cheap option. If Sandgaard wants out we’ll see nothing spent unless it’s absolutely essential. 
    Christ it's essential!
  • Options
    Garners recent comments  show how frustrated he is, and quite rightly so. His team selection against Cheltenham said it all - Squad not big enough or good enough and with TS sitting in the stand watching Garner did the equivalent of smacking him around the head with a kipper. Whether or not Garner survives much longer is another question but who in their right mind would want to replace him ?
    Team selection was because a virus went through the club from Wednesday .. so there was no message in his team selection 
  • Options
    Team selection was because a virus went through the club from Wednesday .. so there was no message in his team selection 
    Got to ask Ronnie, which players were left out due to the virus ? 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Getting rid of Garner solves nothing and will cost Sandgaard money that he doesn’t want to spend. There’s no Lee Bowyer or Johnnie Jackson sitting behind the scenes as a cheap option. If Sandgaard wants out we’ll see nothing spent unless it’s absolutely essential. 
    Christ it's essential!
    I’m convinced he’ll see Hayes as a replacement, but whether he’ll pay out to remove Garner is another matter. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Don’t know how true, but heard RD has agreed to sell the valley and TG. TS is still playing hard ball from my understanding, asking for too much for the club it’s self. PV wants as many there so the buyer can see the potential.
    Not sure who the buying party is, as I have heard US money and also heard Middle Eastern.
    I would say don’t get to excited yet 
    Whoever it is should proceed with the purchase and takeover the current lease.
    And find themselves in exactly the same position Sandgaard has. A football club losing £6 million a year with no assets of any value.
  • Options
    A demoralised and demotivated manager and an ineffective and demoralised squad for half a season spells relegation and an even bigger drop in value of the club. I don't think that Sandgaard has a do nothing option, which is why selling must be very attractive for him to be able to cut his losses at least. What else can he do except get deeper in debt?
  • Options
    No one will buy our club.

It’s s mess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stockley player/manager

you heard it here first ;)
    He could be a manager but not sure about the player bit.
    he's probably play himself centre back and sort out our defence
  • Options

Stockley player/manager

As long as he doesn't have any silly ideas about being a striker!
  • Options

Stockley player/manager

he can come up for corners ;)
  • Options

Stockley player/manager

he can come up for corners ;)
    That might work.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    No one will buy our club.

It’s s mess
    I don't think that's true at all. Basket cases have their attractions.

For example, there's a company not many will have heard of called Melrose Plc. Pretty much all they do is buy dysfunctional manufacturing companies with good fundamentals, turn them round and sell them on. Currently they are nurturing GKN back to health. No reason why someone shouldn't take a similar attitude to a football club.
  • Options
    I just hope whoever this mystery bidder is either has existing football experience somewhere else in the world or is willing to put a team in to run the day to day side of things. The potential is there but it's going to be a long slog to realise it. 
  • Options
    If RD is suddenly ‘willing’ to sell The Valley and SL I wonder if it’s because there’s a buyer who is minted enough (Middle Eastern?) not to worry about negotiating? 
  • Options
    Charlton aren't likely to get a middle eastern owner.

It will probably be someone from europe who is the major shareholder for a company named yofex.

Yofex manufactures components for automated machinery. 

The yofex owner likes to follow a limited budget 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If RD is suddenly ‘willing’ to sell The Valley and SL I wonder if it’s because there’s a buyer who is minted enough (Middle Eastern?) not to worry about negotiating? 
    Unlikely based on PV’s blog the other day around the problems of Saudi and Qatari football owners 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    US interest I thought . 
  • Options
    Any buy of the club needs to be with the stadium and training ground. A clean sweep. Anything else will be more of the same IMO.
    Agreed. Nothing changes otherwise. 
  • Options
    Last thing we need is a fake sheikh - remember the Southall saga?

Charlton is worth virtually nothing - RD owns the stadium, etc and the players are hardly worth the kind of money TS will expect. RD is a real spanner in the works.

Whoever does buy us, in the end, will not be doing it for the money as it will take years to sort out this club. That is why I fear for our future. We could easily drop further.

Much as I like PV, he is in my humble opinion, yesterday’s man and we now need an owner who will not only put money in, but who will give it time. PV is well over 60 and I also thought he had health problems? 

There is no quick fix, because there will be no rich sugar daddy to buy us and pour money in.

Next season, I predict our gates will fall below 10,000 and the club value fall further.

I can’t really see a good way forward and I also think Garner is unproven and will need to go this season.

Doom and a lot of gloom and I pray I am wrong.

• Options
    Any buy of the club needs to be with the stadium and training ground. A clean sweep. Anything else will be more of the same IMO.
    Agreed. Nothing changes otherwise. 
    Isn't TS to blame though? His plan was fine, his execution of it not. Someone else might make a better go of it and be successful. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    More likely because impending property price crash that has forced RD to admit that his price tag for the valley etc was ridiculous.

also the call of US dollars right now might be a bit too much to turn down
  • Options
    I don't think any Charlton fan would disagree. There is a major obstacle and his name is roland. As long as he wants silly money for the ground, an owner with an agreement to buy is all we can expect. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    More likely because impending property price crash that has forced RD to admit that his price tag for the valley etc was ridiculous.

I wonder if it’s a way for RD to be able to sell at a more sensible price without having to lose face?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Dollar was 1.05 a few weeks back and now 1.23 so he better sell quick the way that’s moving 
    was prolly 1.3-1.4 when he bought us