Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Any buy of the club needs to be with the stadium and training ground. A clean sweep. Anything else will be more of the same IMO.
    Agreed. Nothing changes otherwise. 
    Don’t agree, plenty can change. Not owning the ground is not the reason Sandgaards tenure has been a failure. 

Also agree with this , it doesn’t help but it is not the be all and end all
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    BigDiddy said:
    Last thing we need is a fake sheikh - remember the Southall saga?

Charlton is worth virtually nothing - RD owns the stadium, etc and the players are hardly worth the kind of money TS will expect. RD is a real spanner in the works.

Whoever does buy us, in the end, will not be doing it for the money as it will take years to sort out this club. That is why I fear for our future. We could easily drop further.

Much as I like PV, he is in my humble opinion, yesterday’s man and we now need an owner who will not only put money in, but who will give it time. PV is well over 60 and I also thought he had health problems? 

There is no quick fix, because there will be no rich sugar daddy to buy us and pour money in.

Next season, I predict our gates will fall below 10,000 and the club value fall further.

I can’t really see a good way forward and I also think Garner is unproven and will need to go this season.

Doom and a lot of gloom and I pray I am wrong.

Our gates have already fallen (well) below 10,000 multiple times this season. 
    Yes, point taken !
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Any buy of the club needs to be with the stadium and training ground. A clean sweep. Anything else will be more of the same IMO.
    Don’t agree, plenty can change. Not owning the ground is not the reason Sandgaards tenure has been a failure. 

Also agree with this , it doesn’t help but it is not the be all and end all
    It will be with RD involved
  • Options
    Yes...there has been plenty of discussion on here about his apparent arrogance and lack of football knowldge as to why it's all gone so wrong - that far exceeds the ground ownership issue.  One thing that also tends to be forgotten is that he bought at one of the worst possible times as (little did he know it) the world was about to come to a Covid standstill.  That must of set plans back and cost a lot of money...
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Garners recent comments  show how frustrated he is, and quite rightly so. His team selection against Cheltenham said it all - Squad not big enough or good enough and with TS sitting in the stand watching Garner did the equivalent of smacking him around the head with a kipper. Whether or not Garner survives much longer is another question but who in their right mind would want to replace him ?
    Unless TS has some other relatives he can bring over.........................
    Getting rid of Garner solves nothing and will cost Sandgaard money that he doesn’t want to spend. There’s no Lee Bowyer or Johnnie Jackson sitting behind the scenes as a cheap option. If Sandgaard wants out we’ll see nothing spent unless it’s absolutely essential. 
    A demoralised and demotivated manager and an ineffective and demoralised squad for half a season spells relegation and an even bigger drop in value of the club. I don't think that Sandgaard has a do nothing option, which is why selling must be very attractive for him to be able to cut his losses at least. What else can he do except get deeper in debt?
    And another day older 😉
  • Options

• Options
    To those who say the club is in a mess are correct, but that does not make it unsellable. Just see Scunthorpe who have just found buyers that have probably saved them from being owned by an American property company. 
    What you have to worry about is who a potential new owner might be , and what is their reason for inteterest  in the club given they will have to subsidise operating losses for years. But there are people willing to do that,  probably to the tube of ten million pounds season plus. See Bristol City who have lost  one hundred and forty six million pounds in the last decade nd that us not exceptional.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Ferryman said:
    Garners recent comments  show how frustrated he is, and quite rightly so. His team selection against Cheltenham said it all - Squad not big enough or good enough and with TS sitting in the stand watching Garner did the equivalent of smacking him around the head with a kipper. Whether or not Garner survives much longer is another question but who in their right mind would want to replace him ?
    Getting rid of Garner solves nothing and will cost Sandgaard money that he doesn’t want to spend. There’s no Lee Bowyer or Johnnie Jackson sitting behind the scenes as a cheap option. If Sandgaard wants out we’ll see nothing spent unless it’s absolutely essential. 
    Christ it's essential!
    I’m convinced he’ll see Hayes as a replacement, but whether he’ll pay out to remove Garner is another matter. 
    😉

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Ferryman said:
    Christ it's essential!
    I’m convinced he’ll see Hayes as a replacement, but whether he’ll pay out to remove Garner is another matter. 
    😉

I'd rather have Ben Hayes tbf
    Well it’s quite possible that Garners replacement will be known very soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    CafcWest said:
    Yes...there has been plenty of discussion on here about his apparent arrogance and lack of football knowldge as to why it's all gone so wrong - that far exceeds the ground ownership issue.  One thing that also tends to be forgotten is that he bought at one of the worst possible times as (little did he know it) the world was about to come to a Covid standstill.  That must of set plans back and cost a lot of money...
    Depends if you think it cost us promotion in 2020/21. The actual losses were probably on a par with fans being there due to the financial support the club received.
  • Options
    Go get the beach balls
  • Options
    Sacking Garner out of an expensive contract might please potential new ownership? Wishful thinking when it’s just the Egomaniac thinking he’s doing the right thing 
  • Options
    fredo kiss the godfather Godfather fredo GIF

Next meeting with CAST
  • Options
    CAST need to re-request the fans meeting with Sandgaard.
  • Options
    CAST need to re-request the armed fans meeting with Sandgaard.

Edited for you.
  • Options
    We all in agreement now he's the ever so slightly cuddlier version of RD?

Can't believe my slightly tongue in cheek comment when Garner was appointed that he'd be gone by November was almost true.

I really don't see where we go from here, 
  • Options
    The time has come for protests l’m afraid enough is enough 
  • Options
    dingdong said:
    The time has come for protests l’m afraid enough is enough 
    Can we time them with a Broncos game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHY ALWAYS US?

Why-always-me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    We all in agreement now he's the ever so slightly cuddlier version of RD?

Can't believe my slightly tongue in cheek comment when Garner was appointed that he'd be gone by November was almost true.

I really don't see where we go from here, 
    It has make me realise that RD has one saving grace over Sandgaard, RD never inflicted his music on us, still a complete Cnut though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fans’ Forum next week. Email your points to secretary@castrust.org.
    Could you print this picture and ask him if he is actually a Crystal Palace fan.

• Options
    Can’t see a knight in shining armour coming over the horizon. Maybe I’m completely disillusioned these days, but I feel there may be one too many barriers to overcome. 

TS is an egomaniac. I feel the more we push him out, the harder he will cling on. Same goes for RD, best of luck getting a fair price for the stadium and training ground - especially if Varney is involved. 

If the enthusiasm from the prospective bidders depends on the attendance of a league cup game, god help us.
  • Options
    Fans’ Forum next week. Email your points to secretary@castrust.org.
    I will give it some thought, but I wonder if he's familiar with Einstein's definition of insanity