Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

Thats not Sandgaard liking that post. It's a parody account. You'll notice Sandgaard has not 'liked' anything on twitter since May.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

Thats not Sandgaard liking that post. It's a parody account. You'll notice Sandgaard has not 'liked' anything on twitter since May.
    Woops
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s nowt, he’s not liked me for over two years 😂😉
    That’s not unusual…
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not unusual…
    It’s not something I worry about, as long as l can look myself in the mirror and say I did my best peoples opinions are irrelevant. 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    T_C_E said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not unusual…
    Tom Jones, I claim my prize 😉.
    You are a prize....
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    T_C_E said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not unusual…
    Tom Jones, I claim my prize 😉.
    Close but no cigar unfortunately 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    I do hope this is a clean break from the Sandgaards if it materializes.  Martin would surely lose his role of scouting genius and have to take his powerful shot onto whatever his dad buys him next.  

It’s a shambles that we have to be going through all this again though.  Yes, I want TS gone, but I can’t be alone in thinking what the hell is going to turn up next?  If it is someone Varney has facilitated then that is positive, but am I right in thinking Varney also helped get TS in?  If he did he obviously couldn’t have known what an incompetent bell end TS would turn out to be, but it highlights how fraught this whole football ownership thing is.  

We’ve had nothing but false dawns since RD took over.  We need some real sensible owners.
    As I have been saying since Roland, just remember, it can always get worse. 

And also, no sensible person looking to make a sound investment of their finances and time buys a League One football club operating at a loss that doesn't own their own ground and needs infrastructure upgrades. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I do hope this is a clean break from the Sandgaards if it materializes.  Martin would surely lose his role of scouting genius and have to take his powerful shot onto whatever his dad buys him next.  

It’s a shambles that we have to be going through all this again though.  Yes, I want TS gone, but I can’t be alone in thinking what the hell is going to turn up next?  If it is someone Varney has facilitated then that is positive, but am I right in thinking Varney also helped get TS in?  If he did he obviously couldn’t have known what an incompetent bell end TS would turn out to be, but it highlights how fraught this whole football ownership thing is.  

We’ve had nothing but false dawns since RD took over.  We need some real sensible owners.
    As Airman pointed out earlier in this thread, Varney was working with Barclay but when it became apparent that RD wouldn’t talk to Barclay and Varney, Varney just helped Sandgaard get in the SLP etc and talk to the right people, so not directly involved in facilitating or introducing TS to the club. 
    Yes, that's true, but @cabbles point stands, and stands as a rebuke to some of rather excessive criticism above by Lifers of other Lifers who, ITO, didn't call out TS early enough, blew smoke up his arse, etc. While some may have been gullible, others just know damn well that you need millions to buy even a L1 club, and we haven't got those millions between all of us on CL. So in the situation we were in, if a guy comes along whose business is visible (publicy traded) , appears to be a footie fan, manages to at least talk to RD when others walked away in despair, and then proactively deposits £2m in escrow with the EFL as a matter of good faith (when it should be mandatory as part of the OADT) , then what else are you going to do,think,say, other than be supportive and help, when there isn't a better alternative at the table? That's probably pretty much PV's thought processes at the time, and why initially Airman was cautiously supportive of TS. 

And we'll just have to go through much the same thing with the next prospective owner.

It's such a risk these days.  Given the money in the game.  Gone are they days where the Andy Holts of the world are able to run/fund their local club.  He's an exception to the rule.  Parish, Tony Bloom are great examples and I am sure we all wish we had an equivalent.  Fingers crossed the next owner is sane and aware of the bottomless pit we may be from a financial perspective 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s Michael Grade’s son - they sit in block next to mine in West Stand
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Someone read what they wanted to see!
  • Options
    As long as the music stops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s Michael Grade’s son - they sit in block next to mine in West Stand
    While I can't say i retain any optimism that TS has a clever plan that will stabilise the club, I also can't agree with Mr Grade. Performances on the pitch are clearly worse under TS than under RD, but that wasn't what made RD such a bad owner. The issue, for me, was that having lost the confidence of the fans, RD just carried on stubbornly ignoring all criticism and making the situation steadily worse. Time will tell whether TS will also do that, but there hasn't been time yet. If he were to sell up in the near future, I suspect we'd eventually forgive him for what's happening on the pitch now and remember him as the person who saved us from extinction at our actual lowest ebb.

Obviously, if we face years of TS continuing his current approach, continually firing managers and replacing them with less-experienced people, with the team spiralling downwards, that assessment will change. I hope he doesn't end up being genuinely worse than RD because the next few years will be no fun at all if that happens. But for me there's still time for him to rescue his reputation if he follows the advice that Roland used to ignore. Advice such as "Just sell the club".
    Sorry mate,  we are already worse off than under RD. 4 points off relegation to Div 4.
  • Options
    7 points of Play offs with a game on hand
    Crazy league
    Keep the Faith
    Live Love Laugh and be Happy
  • Options
    T. Sandgaard  - Duchatelet
    Maloney -Meire
    M.Sandgaard - Dreisen

Legends sacked. tin pot managers follow.
    Serious accusations of bullying.
    Awful recruitment. Young talent sold
    Fans and community ignored....

I could go on. Are we all agreed that the current lot are just as rotten as the old lot?
    Worse - despite RD being a scumbag, he did at least spend money.

This clown has done nothing other than destroy our club 
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    T. Sandgaard  - Duchatelet
    Maloney -Meire
    M.Sandgaard - Dreisen

Legends sacked. tin pot managers follow.
    Serious accusations of bullying.
    Awful recruitment. Young talent sold
    Fans and community ignored....

I could go on. Are we all agreed that the current lot are just as rotten as the old lot?
    Worse - despite RD being a scumbag, he did at least spend money.

This clown has done nothing other than destroy our club 

This. Championship football, and signings of the calibre we had back then? Incomparable 
  • Options
    7 points of Play offs with a game on hand
    Crazy league
    Keep the Faith
    Live Love Laugh and be Happy
    4 points of relegation after Forest Green beat the mighty Cheltenham who turned us over.
  • Options
    I remember posting this over two years ago and getting all sorts of crap for it many (look at the number of LOLs) Although I am not happy to see it come to pass, it seemed inevitable to me we would be in the exact place right about this moment.

13 lols from a membership in the hundreds is a fairly muted negative response. TBF 3 likes is even less significant