Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Its a shame so little has been made about the Grassroots connection with Welling etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    NabySarr said:
    swordfish said:
    NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    Not sure why the Trust didn’t follow up and question TS on the ridiculously expensive tickets for league 1 football when he is talking about focusing on improving match ticket sales? Cutting losses and trying to break even next season doesn’t exactly scream premier league in 5 years...

Can you remind me when was the last time he said that was? 
    He said last year he’s still as ambitious as he was when he first took over 
    I'm pleased to hear that.

However, his talk of reducing losses and increasing turnover through more attractive football to entice a small % of  600,000 that CAST data revealed to be favourably disposed toward the Club, combined with increased sponsorships etc but WITHOUT necessarily getting into the Championship, does suggest he's contingency planning should that 5 year goal be unattainable.

It's open to debate how realistic that plan is, although I know some will reiterate that it isn't and that his assumptions are wrong and I'm not going to argue with them.

Edit.. and when can we expect you to re-sign 😎
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Doubling turnover when in league 1 feels very unrealistic. Especially when you are trying to do that by increasing match ticket sales after a steep price increase in a cost of living crisis 
    Talking numbers, I can't see an increase of any more than, say 3,000 per match if we're going well. Cup runs might help but aren't guaranteed either and that concert idea was 'mooted' but more likely to be 'booted' into touch, so it would be one helluva struggle.

My guess is a third or so increase at best from £10k to about £13.5k, but they're fag packet calcs at best. I expect someone on here will audit them anyway though 😎
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    There are thousands of football fans who live near the Valley who simply aren't interested in League 1 football, and no ticket offer would persuade them to turn up to watch it. We need to get out of League 1 ASAP. 
    Spot on.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    There are thousands of football fans who live near the Valley who simply aren't interested in League 1 football, and no ticket offer would persuade them to turn up to watch it. We need to get out of League 1 ASAP. 
    Spot on.
    Are you saying that attendances won't go up even if the side is having a good season then? I think they would and have given my estimate above of what effect I think a season when we're in contention might have on attendances, which includes returning disgruntled fans and any newbies.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Spot on.
    Are you saying that attendances won't go up even if the side is having a good season then? I think they would and have given my estimate above of what effect I think a season when we're in contention might have on attendances, which includes returning disgruntled fans and any newbies.
    Not at 30 odd quid a ticket they won't.
    The only way to seriously increase match day attendance is to get promoted. 
    The average away support alone at the valley would increase enormously in the championship with plenty of teams bringing 2 or 3 thousand fans every other week. 
    Sandgaard has a vision of what he believes is achievable in league one.
    Unfortunately it's not.
    I'd like to see an average ticket price comparison for L1 Clubs, although being the only London one, I'd expect ours to be relatively high due to the overheads.

His targets may not be prove to be achievable, but by setting them it drives the initiatives and policies that go toward trying to achieve them and I'd still expect to see a significant reduction in year on year loses, so less than £8m, but not halving that to £4m for this season, which I believe is what he's aiming for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Spot on.
    Have a look at the attendances in 2018/19, especially the last 3-4 home games when it was clear we were on a promotion run (we won our final 6 home games in a row), we barely hit over 12K even then.

• Options
    I was told last night that we've reduced our Sports Science team from 5 staff to just 1. Not quite sure what to make of that. 
  • Options
    I was told last night that we've reduced our Sports Science team from 5 staff to just 1. Not quite sure what to make of that. 
    Money savings, gotta get those £8m losses down.
  • Options
    Who told you that? Don't think it's true having talked to both Thomas and Raelynn in recent weeks.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Who told you that? Don't think it's true having talked to both Thomas and Raelynn in recent weeks.
    An ex sports-scientist ... 
  • Options
    Premier League ready
  • Options
    Feels like the cost cutting duchatelet did whilst he was trying to get rid of the club!

sandgaard gone within the year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His LinkedIn profile states he is the owner of 'Charlton AFC London'... wtf even is that.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Feels like the cost cutting duchatelet did whilst he was trying to get rid of the club!

Hopefully we get promoted then, like we did under RD
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sammy391 said:

To follow RD you need to get needlessly relegated first before winning the play offs in a lower division 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sammy391 said:

To follow RD you need to get needlessly relegated first before winning the play offs in a lower division 
    He wasn't cost cutting the year we got relegated, in fact the opposite.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Yes, exactly what I'm thinking.
    Who wants to buy an asset less club losing £8M pa?
    If he can halve the losses he stands a better chance.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sammy391 said:

He wasn't cost cutting the year we got relegated, in fact the opposite.
    Was bloody cost cutting on the Manager(s) and scouting/recruitment team