Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sammy391 said:
    Feels like the cost cutting duchatelet did whilst he was trying to get rid of the club!

sandgaard gone within the year?
    Hopefully we get promoted then, like we did under RD
    To follow RD you need to get needlessly relegated first before winning the play offs in a lower division 
    He wasn't cost cutting the year we got relegated, in fact the opposite.
    Was bloody cost cutting on the Manager(s) and scouting/recruitment team
    Not the year we got relegated.! Cost a forture on salaries we was paying players, and to bring Riga back as well.. Maybe 1st season in league 1..
  • Options
    Where does the cost cutting end? Abandon the valley and play in a smaller stadium? You will not make money owning a club in League One - He is no better than Roland 
  • Options
    Where does the cost cutting end? Abandon the valley and play in a smaller stadium? You will not make money owning a club in League One - He is no better than Roland 
    Wouldn't suprise me if he's in cahoots with Roland. 
  • Options
    Think there's some unusual angles at play here, but I simply will not believe that beyond the rent Sandgaard has any CAFC business with Roland.
  • Options
    I doubt they are working together, but there is definitely similarities between the 2 of them. Both thought “their way” would work better than everyone else’s and would mean we were successful on the pitch. Both initially invested a good amount of money but due to their methods not being better than everyone else’s the on pitch success didn’t follow. It now seems TS is entering the final stage, where he thinks I’ve spent around £16m and gone backwards so I don’t want to be losing loads of money on this anymore, which is where we were with Roland the last couple of years. As the playing budget is decreased year on year to try and break even at this level I can only see our promotion chances going the same way so hopefully Garner can pull a miracle off this season 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Simon Jordan said something along the lines of: "Thomas Sandgaard needs to come in and do things his own way and learn from his own mistakes". 

How many mistakes can he make though?

When will he realise he needs a team of football professionals and people that want the best for the club?

Sandgaard negatives: 

1. Buying the Football Club without the bricks and mortar
    2. Overenthusiastic about goals - Prem 5 years etc
    3. Slow moving in January 2021.
    4. Gambling on Adkins, 
    5. Moving too slowly in Summer 2021.
    6. Not getting Aneke renewed 
    7. Moving too slowly to remove Adkins when clear he was the wrong man
    8. Bowing to peer pressure to appoint Jackson
    9. Buying back Aneke more broken than when sold.
    10. The method of sacking Jackson
    11. Cost cutting
    Sandgaard positives: 

1. Bought the club, removing Southall, Nimer, Farnell and the Dentist
    2. Ambitious in his goals for the club
    3. Brought in decent players despite an embargo
    4. Signed Stockley Permanently.
    5. Removed Adkins
    6. Gave Jackson a go
    7. Brought in a young and ambitious Ben Garner

The negatives really are outweighing the positives right now. I hope Ben Garner's appointment somehow manages to earn us promotion or Sandgaard is going to be flogging us to whichever punter. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Personally, I am not fussed about the cost-cutting (apart from people losing jobs), clearly the club can't continue to run the way it is.. Fans also need to an element of responbility.. If we are not going to go to games, the budget is only going to get smaller.. I understand club needs to excite us to go to matches.. But I believe this could be one of our better seasons, our identity and style of play has changed hugely, to a positive exciting way of playing! 

I know I am supporting from afar, but I still can't get over how poor our crowd was for the QPR match.. If I was sitting in TS shoes, I would be like, F*&K them, if they can't support the club, why should I keep putting my hand in my pocket! 

Time to stop with negitivity, and get back to supporting the team again.. It is going to be a good season!
    Should never have only opened 2 stands. Shows we're not taking it seriously imo
  • Options
    Price rises on matchdays when the crowd's not going to make 13000?
    Summarily dismissing valued, valuable and loyal staff members to "save a few quid"?
    No senior striker options?
    No left back at all?
    Tawdry crossbeer challenge bollocks?
    Thomas has got all of that as wrong as wrong can be and needs to be putting it right pronto or he's gonna be as popular as douchebag round these parts
    For my money it's too late for TS, he's an egomaniac know nothing fuckwit and I hope Olly sues his baggy arse for every last dime
  • Options
    I said this months ago and got called out big time on here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we're discussing TS, we need to separate the off the field issues from on field errors, as while results on the field can never be guaranteed, the off the field management is ENTIRELY within his control.

The farcical ticketing policies, meaning sky high prices for most of the ground, while also giving out tons of freebies to anyone without actually getting any details back, so that you have a record of potential new customers.
    The weird price differentials in stands, which after the early deadline actually got larger for ST purchases.
    The maybe well intentioned but lousily implemented ST "perks" from last season
    The constant churn in executives, the likes of Roddy and Mumford coming and going and that COO (Jokat) who was here such a short length of time, I had to google his name. Either Jokat was removed because he wasn't a complete yes man and stood up to TS, OR he was the wrong appointment, in which case that was another failed appointment!
    The refusal to actually appoint a proper CEO from the start to run the day to day activities of the club, and instead micro manage from afar with his family, when it suits him.
    Employing expensive external consultants for things like ticketing initiatives, instead of using the massive knowledge within the club AND the fanbase
    Removing experienced and popular members of staff like Olly...
  • Options
    That bold one has been the one lingering doubt. 
  • Options
    Look at my Muttley badge, which will be changed soon, I wanted Sandgaard to be a success. It is just you get clue after clue after clue and some information I can't share to be fair and it all points to one thing. You can bury your head in the sand but when the weight of evidence is sufficiently high you have to call out what you see. It seriously doesn't give me any pleasure at all.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That bold one has been the one lingering doubt. 
    Wanting to be the CEO, involved in all sorts of things he shouldn't be. But not for example personally telling Jacko and Olly the bad news.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I want rid of him now . Surely we aren’t far off the protest stage ?
    Like him or hate him, he’s not done anything that warrants the fan base hounding him out. 
    Let’s see how we all feel in 6 months time .
  • Options
    WSS said:
    The sad reality is, and it’s of course by no means guaranteed, is that if we end up in the playoffs or better this year, 95% of our fanbase couldn’t care less about of the decisions TS is making.
    I wouldn’t worry about that .  I have growing belief that Garner Is very good but nobody could take this group up.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yes I think Sandgaard has been lucky with Garner but he will not be able to take us up with one fit striker, if he stays fit, and a kid. What is frustrating is if the idiot had any football knowledge he would see we are not that far off. But it could be thousands of miles off for all the good it will do. Sandgaard is a clueless twat and that is the most polite way I can put it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said this months ago and got called out big time on here. 
    Quite rightly.

it’s utter nonsense. 
    And you know it's nonsense how exactly?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Like him or hate him, he’s not done anything that warrants the fan base hounding him out. 
    We can cross that bridge when we get to it. I’d be cautious of anyone who starts fanning those flames at this stage
  • Options
    Yes I think Sandgaard has been lucky with Garner but he will not be able to take us up with one fit striker, if he stays fit, and a kid. What is frustrating is if the idiot had any football knowledge he would see we are not that far off. But it could be thousands of miles off for all the good it will do. Sandgaard is a clueless twat and that is the most polite way I can put it.
    Away from all the stupidity going on off the pitch
    how do you tally that someone without any football knowledge has got to the point where we are just a striker short?

Or do you think we just lucked upon the rest of the squad?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    We can cross that bridge when we get to it. I’d be cautious of anyone who starts fanning those flames at this stage
    The guy has done precious little right since being better than the crooks we had before .  If you still feel that’s enough, I applaud your optimism . 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I think we were not that short last season. Dobson is as good as we have had in recent years, we just needed to strengthen key positions and the major improvement is the keeper and the way we are playing which must be credit to Garner. I wasn't confident about the keeper when I first saw him but he is a major improvement.  CBT has his weaknesses but is also unplayable at times. The left back has been good also but strikers is an issue that will kill us.
  • Options
    I think we were not that short last season. Dobson is as good as we have had in recent years, we just needed to strengthen key positions and the major improvement is the keeper and the way we are playing which must be credit to Garner. I wasn't confident about the keeper when I first saw him but he is a major improvement.  CBT has his weaknesses but is also unplayable at times. The left back has been good also but strikers is an issue that will kill us.
    You’ve mentioned the only two players that we had last season that were really good; even then, CBT played out of position and it took him an age to be fit enough to play a lot .  We were miles away and while i think we have improved , I still don’t think we’ve got enough goals in us to be in the top 6.  I have only been following since 1993 and we have only ever been promoted when we’ve had a team that has been full of goals . 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    You’ve mentioned the only two players that we had last season that were really good; even then, CBT played out of position and it took him an age to be fit enough to play a lot .  We were miles away and while i think we have improved , I still don’t think we’ve got enough goals in us to be in the top 6.  I have only been following since 1993 and we have only ever been promoted when we’ve had a team that has been full of goals . 
    Apart from the keeper, which new player has blown you away? Goals is what we are short off but that could be fixed with one player and playing two up front.