Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    I mean soooo many clowns every time we’ve been up for sale waffle the complete shit of we’re a good “investment” … London club , Premiership ground , good potential blah blah blah 

utter fucking guff 

we are a drain on anyone that owns us 

A loss making business 

as I’ve always said  no sane person would want to own us 

basically we need more than a miracle to get out of this rut of shitness 
    Would this still be the case if the assets were sold by RD to a new purchaser who is a) Mega wealthy or who has investors in place to share the load  b) Either has previous experience or has someone working alongside/advising who has & c) Has completed rigorous due diligence on our club & is totally aware of the inevitable pitfalls etc in undertaking such a venture ? 

Just asking the question....

Could there be anyone fulfilling said profile somewhere out there ? 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    The answer is probably as there are always people in the market for a football club. Clearly the seperation of assets does not help and our league position isn't a pull but if we cost a pound I'm sure there would be interest. Then you get into the type of people. We know the ststem can't prevent crooks getting involved.
  • Options
    At the moment it feels like death by a thousand cuts.
    The way he is running the club means that there is zero prospect of promotion all the time he stays, which means that we can only hope that we don't get relegated during that time. The longer he stays, the more the money belt will be tightened in his quest to break even, thus ever increasing the likelihood of that relegation. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I mean soooo many clowns every time we’ve been up for sale waffle the complete shit of we’re a good “investment” … London club , Premiership ground , good potential blah blah blah 

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

Would this still be the case if the assets were sold by RD to a new purchaser who is a) Mega wealthy or who has investors in place to share the load  b) Either has previous experience or has someone working alongside/advising who has & c) Has completed rigorous due diligence on our club & is totally aware of the inevitable pitfalls etc in undertaking such a venture ? 

Of course there is Fanny. But finding those sorts is as rare as rocking horse sh*t!

One could argue that our set up was far simpler when Roland was looking to sell first time round. Still nobody worth any salt turned up.

Look at the mess we're in now and ask yourself how many fairy godmothers are banging down the board room door?
  • Options
    The way he is running the club means that there is zero prospect of promotion all the time he stays, which means that we can only hope that we don't get relegated during that time. The longer he stays, the more the money belt will be tightened in his quest to break even, thus ever increasing the likelihood of that relegation. 
    And he must realise he is failing. If we were improving under him he could probably see the forward path but because he is clueless there isn't one.
  • Options
    And he must realise he is failing. If we were improving under him he could probably see the forward path but because he is clueless there isn't one.
    I think that you are right that he must have realised that he is failing. If he hasn't then he is even more stupid than I thought. Certainly any ambition that he had for promotion to the Championship and then Premier League has evaporated.
    His quest to try to get to a point of break even can only be with a view to making the club more attractive to offload.
  • Options
    This is really starting to feel as if something is about to happen.

Sandgaard appears to be looking for a way out, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if in the near future he just cuts his losses, and walks away from the club.

He is losing £700,000 a month, £8 million a year and the club is spiraling to the bottom of the league.

He owns nothing.
    He is simply putting his personal wealth into a black hole.
    And with not a hope of ever seeing it again.

Nobody is going to do that for very long.

Charlton are his project and he wants to prove he can break even and maybe even profit. He wants to grab positive headlines. 

He is Dr evils (rolands) "mini-me" 

It's basically the same bloke, who is also living on another planet. Simply just an idiot. 

Deep down in his american waffle brain, he does want to sell, unfortunately,  the other half of his daft stubborn brain will delay the process. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I think that you are right that he must have realised that he is failing. If he hasn't then he is even more stupid than I thought. Certainly any ambition that he had for promotion to the Championship and then Premier League has evaporated.
    His quest to try to get to a point of break even can only be with a view to making the club more attractive to offload.
    But by the time he gets there, if he ever does, he would have lost shedloads more. You surely take us over to gain success, when you don't and realise you never will, surely you just have to walk.
  • Options
    But by the time he gets there, if he ever does, he would have lost shedloads more. You surely take us over to gain success, when you don't and realise you never will, surely you just have to walk.
    He will never get the club to break even point except by being extremely lucky with the sale of academy produce.
    A sane person would have realised very quickly that they didn't have what was required to make a success of the club. As every day goes by he seems to be moving further away from being that sane person.
  • Options
    He will never get the club to break even point except by being extremely lucky with the sale of academy produce.
    A sane person would have realised very quickly that they didn't have what was required to make a success of the club. As every day goes by he seems to be moving further away from being that sane person.

He was full of beans before owning Charlton and the early days of running the club. The tweets, talk sport chatter, taking the piss out of matt Southall, strolling around the museum 

After two years, Sandguard has been charltonised. 

Getting charltonised usually only takes 6months 

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Let's say end of this season he is £16M down (player sales will have stemmed some of the losses to date).

Sells Leaburn for £4M cash upfront and Gomez moves netting him another £5M.  Then flogs anything else he can get money for (Wolllacot, Stockley, Kirk, DJ, CBT, Fraser may net another £1M).

Sells for £1 and writes off £6M.

Probably the best he could do.

Leaves us screwed with no players for next season.

He walks off saying he saved us, put money in to stabilize us and sold us having bought us to a break even point and claims his ownership was a big success.

• Options
    Let's say end of this season he is £16M down (player sales will have stemmed some of the losses to date).

Sells Leaburn for £4M cash upfront and Gomez moves netting him another £5M.  Then flogs anything else he can get money for (Wolllacot, Stockley, Kirk, DJ, CBT, Fraser may net another £1M).

Sells for £1 and writes off £6M.

Probably the best he could do.

Leaves us screwed with no players for next season.

He walks off saying he saved us, put money in to stabilize us and sold us having bought us to a break even point and claims his ownership was a big success.

If it were me I would do exactly that minus the claims that my ownership was a big success. Let's hope he doesn't tbh as we'll be walking straight into another ESI type of ownership next, since no one reputable is likely to want to take us on and the club won't cost a penny.

Results haven't been great but the performances compared to the Adkins start last season are hugely improved imo and I think Garner can turn it around and I hope he does so quickly to help alleviate the current dark mood.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

You buying us then mate:)
    1% oohaah buys the club outright
    9% oohaah forms a consortium to buy the club
    90% not on your nelly!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Has it been established yet who the third party was who provided the £350k loan in Dec 21? 

The 2.5% interest on that isn’t going to look a very good return for the next 3 years soon 
  • Options

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

That has to be our hope. There are plenty of mega rich, around the Globe. English football is global. I occasionally even see some clips of our glory days popping up on the big screens of the bars here in Thailand.
    Leicester City could probably never have imagined what would happen when their Thai owners took over!

Such people with huge wealth don't buy Super Yachts or Ferrari's as good long term investment's, they buy them for fun, and are not too bothered about possibly losing a few million here or there. An English Football Club with a great tradition could be a similar indulgence that could bring them great excitement and interest.
    Our problem now is that having been in the lower leagues for so long, our profile has greatly faded and we really need a Peter Varney type character to market us, and then hopefully attract suitably wealthy buyers. 
    Is this not Barclay and Varney? Other than Barclay won't get involved without the training ground and The Valley being included. Or, won't meet Roland's asking price
  • Options
    I think that pretty much every decision that Thomas Sandgaard has made since he took over the club has been based on either one of two things. His ego and the Zynex share price. I don’t doubt that when he bought the club he wanted to ride in as the Knight in shinning armour, ridding us from our evil owners and leading us on a path to footballing success. His first battle was a huge triumph in outwitting ESI 2 and taking ownership and in turn winning him the adulation that he craved. Unfortunately at the time he embarked on this project Zynax shares were on the rise, but sadly for him, and us they peaked in July 2020 at just under $26 a share before sliding sharply to end the year at less than half that, Just when he had the chance to have his first meaningful stab at a full transfer window. I’m know there are many people here who will have a far better idea of financial markets and why the price dropped as quickly as it had risen than me, but it would seem to my eyes that the company became over valued during the start of the covid crises and then returned to a more natural level. Maybe Sandgaard himself selling off shares to buy and fund the club had an impact on the value. But regardless of the reason the price has not recovered since and now sits at under $8.50 and does not seem likely to reach those dizzy heights of $25 + anytime in the near future.

I think for a long time TS, governed by his ego thought that the company would bounce back and start to climb again and I am sure firmly believed that when it did he would put money into the club and give it the much needed boost to set us on our way up the pyramid  and him on a route to hero status. But at some point during last season I think the penny dropped with him that the share price of July 2020 was in the distant past and to fund the dream of on field success could leave him broke and without any shares in his own company. If we are being optimistic the share price might go up, just like a boat load of rubber might have floated up the Thames. But if it doesn’t what does Tommy do? Rock on and hope for a lucky break or pull out and try to repair his damaged ego?. And what is best for us the club and the supporters which by now are really the same thing? Without any idea who might be interested in where we are now it seems impossible to say whether we are better of with TS or with him gone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

That has to be our hope. There are plenty of mega rich, around the Globe. English football is global. I occasionally even see some clips of our glory days popping up on the big screens of the bars here in Thailand.
    Leicester City could probably never have imagined what would happen when their Thai owners took over!

Such people with huge wealth don't buy Super Yachts or Ferrari's as good long term investment's, they buy them for fun, and are not too bothered about possibly losing a few million here or there. An English Football Club with a great tradition could be a similar indulgence that could bring them great excitement and interest.
    Our problem now is that having been in the lower leagues for so long, our profile has greatly faded and we really need a Peter Varney type character to market us, and then hopefully attract suitably wealthy buyers. 
    Is this not Barclay and Varney? Other than Barclay won't get involved without the training ground and The Valley being included. Or, won't meet Roland's asking price
    Does he even know RDs asking price? Bloke was so interested he didt have a single meeting with RD.

Forget Barclay, it’s pie in the sky nonsense, will never happen. 
  • Options
    Murray had RD ear and told him Varney was bad news or some shit , hence Barclay didn’t get a look in with the RD  , shame Murray couldn’t have done some due diligence on the ESI 🤡 and warned RD about them 
    Might be wrong but I also remember hearing something about Varney being the middle man for the now current Newcastle owners and Murray stopped RD hearing them out, so they turned to the geordies instead 
  • Options
    Has it been established yet who the third party was who provided the £350k loan in Dec 21? 

The 2.5% interest on that isn’t going to look a very good return for the next 3 years soon 
    Probably Bowyer's Birmingham!
  • Options

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

Yes, and the Barclay family have the kind of wealth that we require. These days that begins with a "B", or certainly up in that range, rather than an "M" which is where Sandgaard fits.
    But there may possibly be other's out there that could be attracted given good strategic marketing, an an alignment of the stars.
    Who knows, maybe a significant decline in London Property Values, or the potential of that happening in the not too distant future, might be enough to change the dynamics, and finally force the hand of RD !

• Options
    It's quite clear now why RD wanted nothing to do with Barclay and the like.
  • Options

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

Barclay won't buy us. He talked the talk but opted not to as you point out. He could have got to Roland with an offer matching his asking price, but didn't, not that I blame him. I don't see why he'd decide to pay over the odds now as we're not a better prospect.

Best to forget him rather than dwell on it coz it ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Murray had RD ear and told him Varney was bad news or some shit , hence Barclay didn’t get a look in with the RD  , shame Murray couldn’t have done some due diligence on the ESI 🤡 and warned RD about them 
    Might be wrong but I also remember hearing something about Varney being the middle man for the now current Newcastle owners and Murray stopped RD hearing them out, so they turned to the geordies instead 
    Heard the same, but if the will was strong enough to pay the asking price, they'd have found a way. RD sold to the highest bidder and that wasn't Barclay.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

utter fucking guff 

A loss making business 

Yes, and the Barclay family have the kind of wealth that we require. These days that begins with a "B", or certainly up in that range, rather than an "M" which is where Sandgaard fits.
    But there may possibly be other's out there that could be attracted given good strategic marketing, an an alignment of the stars.
    Who knows, maybe a significant decline in London Property Values, or the potential of that happening in the not too distant future, might be enough to change the dynamics, and finally force the hand of RD !

Can't see him dropping the price and don't expect London property price's to drop significantly. No pressure on him to sell whilst collecting rent. He might even raise the asking price if property price's move the other way. We have to find someone to pay him what he wants or leave the Valley. Failing that, we carry on as we are.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Heard the same but think it's a red herring. RD sold to the highest bidder and that wasn't Barclay.
    You’re saying ESI were the highest bidder?