Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Murray had RD ear and told him Varney was bad news or some shit , hence Barclay didn’t get a look in with the RD  , shame Murray couldn’t have done some due diligence on the ESI 🤡 and warned RD about them 
    Might be wrong but I also remember hearing something about Varney being the middle man for the now current Newcastle owners and Murray stopped RD hearing them out, so they turned to the geordies instead 
    Heard the same but think it's a red herring. RD sold to the highest bidder and that wasn't Barclay.

Not sure he sold to the highest bidder. He gave away the operating business and left cash in it's bank account (so effectively paid for it to be taken off his hands).

in my opinion, RD wants his entire money back and the only way that happens is if the club goes bust and it clears the way for The Valley to be developed.

He knew the personal aggravation of collapsing the club himself so sold it to the worst purchaser he could find with the expectation they would bankrupt it and he would get what he wanted whilst claiming it was not his fault.

This is his plan we see playing out. He is the issue.  He always has been.
    I thought a deal was agreed with ESI to pay the £50M within a set time frame. I think he couldn't believe his luck when ESI's turned up with their ridiculous offer. ESI were also claiming they would have other investors pitching in at the same time, so he might have been taken in and not realized it would go so badly wrong so quickly.

That 'plan' might look a good one with the benefit of hindsight, but would have looked high risk compared to the certainty of a deal with Barclay had he made an equivalent offer to the one made by ESI.
    When he sold he said something like "enjoy it... Whilst it lasts".  Maybe I am wrong as I am only guessing but I don't think he ever expected them to succeed.  Any DD on the purchaser would have shown it as unlikely.  Of course he protected himself with a £50M valley sale agreement and would have been delighted with that but ultimately he would have known it was unlikely and was comfortable with the second and more likely outcome (our demise).
    Which he could potentially have forced to happen sooner had he not agreed to lease the Valley to Thomas, who would then have either have walked away or moved us out, clearing the Valley for his master plan of redevelopment to kick in, however deluded his thinking. Why didn't he play awkward buggers then if that was his aim instead of drawing it out now? Put simply, I'm not having it that it's all part of some cunning master plan.
  • Options
    Again I maybe wrong, but isn't the best result for RD to see Charlton reach the Premier League as someone might be more likely to pay his asking price for the Valley & SL.
  • Options
    Who is Rui Pinto?
    He's a football whistleblower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rui_Pinto.  Assumption is that he is being fed information from inside the clib.
  • Options
    I don't actually think it is that guy.
    Just a whistleblower alias that is being used. 
    Yeah - I think you're right.  There are several Rui Pinto's on Twitter all using similar pictures.  More than one referencing CAFC...
  • Options
    Why would RD sell the club to TS rather than let ESI run us into administration? 

if the ESI's deal had a mandatory purchase of the valley and training ground, why wouldn't RD insist this is part of any new deal with TS?
  • Options
    Why would RD sell the club to TS rather than let ESI run us into administration? 

if the ESI's deal had a mandatory purchase of the valley and training ground, why wouldn't RD insist this is part of any new deal with TS?
    I'm guessing that Thomas wouldn't have agreed to buy us with it still in 'as was' due to the exorbitant price and it didn't serve Roland's interests to watch us enter administration, despite what others may think, so a new leasing agreement was drawn up of mutual benefit to both parties that facilitated the sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Raelynn Looking to get a foot in the media/broadcasting industry according to this.

Reckon Minto will be off next.

https://drraemaloney.wordpress.com/resume/
    Clearly wants to be a presenter from that evidence…
  • Options
    Zynex part of her role : - 

• Consult on Human Resource Issues – terminations, bereavement, manager/employee conflict, etc.

Again she has NO qualifications to do this.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Best quote of the weekend sent to me by a friend of a friend. ;)

New C of C including dresscode telling staff what is a professional look... and I quote

"And nothing low cut. The woman has her tits out most weeks and wears thigh high boots" 

And the friend of a friend is also female.  ;)
    Let me know is she ever has enough and is looking for work mate. Sure I could find something for her at my place.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

• Consult on Human Resource Issues – terminations, bereavement, manager/employee conflict, etc.

But some experience…
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Can you provide a list of her qualifications?
  • Options
    Or does she just have Psychiatry quals?
  • Options

Raelynn Looking to get a foot in the media/broadcasting industry according to this.

Clearly wants to be a presenter from that evidence…
    We’ll end up with Charlton TV looking exactly like the Sports Center spoof that Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds did on their ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ series. Funny though.
  • Options
    As Thomas has already indulged his aspirations it’s feeling inevitable that it’ll be her turn soon…
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    supaclive said:

The bereavement bit could come in handy for us fans if Thomas continues to drain the life out of the Club 😔
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    There is obviously a culture within the club of staff not enjoying their workplace.    That is a concern.   If people are leaving this quickly, all is not well.    Cost cutting for a few hundred here and a thousand there will get you nowhere when;

a) you pay a consultancy company to review - their cost is only offset after a number of years in most cases
    b) you are running a UK company, in a field that is specific/weird (football is weird), that you don't have understanding of and are from a different country
    c) you have your family and close friends/partners run areas of the business they are wholly unqualified to do

Now, I don't run a company that is as big as Charlton, but it is infinitely more profitable.    I don't have Thomas' money, but at this rate, he'll have mine in the next 2 or 3 years....
    In fairness, so is a shop at Grove Park Station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no better sign of how things are in any business than staff retention stats. The number of people coming and going is a very worrying sign. The CV posted above ( if genuine ) is a joke, I doubt it is genuine tbh as it seems more likely that someone has made it up on wordpress if however it is real then I suggest she needs help 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Murray had RD ear and told him Varney was bad news or some shit , hence Barclay didn’t get a look in with the RD  , shame Murray couldn’t have done some due diligence on the ESI 🤡 and warned RD about them 
    Might be wrong but I also remember hearing something about Varney being the middle man for the now current Newcastle owners and Murray stopped RD hearing them out, so they turned to the geordies instead 
    Heard the same but think it's a red herring. RD sold to the highest bidder and that wasn't Barclay.

Not sure he sold to the highest bidder. He gave away the operating business and left cash in it's bank account (so effectively paid for it to be taken off his hands).

in my opinion, RD wants his entire money back and the only way that happens is if the club goes bust and it clears the way for The Valley to be developed.

He knew the personal aggravation of collapsing the club himself so sold it to the worst purchaser he could find with the expectation they would bankrupt it and he would get what he wanted whilst claiming it was not his fault.

This is his plan we see playing out. He is the issue.  He always has been.
    I thought a deal was agreed with ESI to pay the £50M within a set time frame. I think he couldn't believe his luck when ESI's turned up with their ridiculous offer. ESI were also claiming they would have other investors pitching in at the same time, so he might have been taken in and not realized it would go so badly wrong so quickly.

That 'plan' might look a good one with the benefit of hindsight, but would have looked high risk compared to the certainty of a deal with Barclay had he made an equivalent offer to the one made by ESI.
    When he sold he said something like "enjoy it... Whilst it lasts".  Maybe I am wrong as I am only guessing but I don't think he ever expected them to succeed.  Any DD on the purchaser would have shown it as unlikely.  Of course he protected himself with a £50M valley sale agreement and would have been delighted with that but ultimately he would have known it was unlikely and was comfortable with the second and more likely outcome (our demise).

Enjoy the moment...
  • Options
    I blame Harry Maguire
  • Options

How did that see the light of day?
  • Options
    It’ll be the pre show with Dr Rae and Martin with Brownie trying to explain what showing him the wrong side is!
  • Options
    Who is Rui Pinto?
    New LB.
    Signed in the summer. Out injured. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Who is Rui Pinto?
    He's a football whistleblower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rui_Pinto.  Assumption is that he is being fed information from inside the clib.
    Clib / Cloob ? Welcome back Katy
  • Options
    I think it’s time we got an updated version of Addicks to Victory - that’ll raise the morale 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    T_C_E said:
    I’m being told it was a safety officer and not H&S who left, she started at the end of August and quit 2 weeks ago. 
    Official reason given for resigning , *personal reasons.

*That of course saves them explaining why another member of staff walked away.

I’m being told…..
    And I quote…..

”I can’t and won’t work like this”

Stockley ?