Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    What's Hulyer's agenda with that tweet? I can't fathom what he is objective is. Some guesses:
    1. Lower the confidence and morale in the club: What for?
    2. Rally fans against the owner: Already happening.
    3. Make outrageous comments to generate publicity for himself: Makes him look like a weird conspiracy theorist.
    4. Warn fans, in good faith, of a scenario which apparently only he has noticed, but which could destroy the club: The club has more likely disasters to worry about.
    5. Put out ideas in the hope of feedback and material for a forthcoming novel, "The Wolf of Floyd Rd": Been done.
    Can't think of anything else.
  • Options
    What's Hulyer's agenda with that tweet? I can't fathom what he is objective is. Some guesses:
    3. Make outrageous comments to generate publicity for himself: Makes him look like a weird conspiracy theorist.
    4. Warn fans, in good faith, of a scenario which apparently only he has noticed, but which could destroy the club: The club has more likely disasters to worry about.
    5. Put out ideas in the hope of feedback and material for a forthcoming novel, "The Wolf of Floyd Rd": Been done.
    I've long since given up trying to second guess what motivates people to tweet as they do. The twittersphere is alien to me and I only see things on there by those who post them on here. For all I know, he could have been at the meths!
  • Options
    People should apply the penis rule with regard to using it to air their opinions.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Same reason anyone puts anything out on social media, to share their views.

As a young pup, he’s before my time and I think his thoughts in this case are well off beam. But he’s a fan, has been for a long time and has far more insight into running a club / business than I’ll ever. 

Not sure though whether outright or subtle public criticisms from him and other ex directors / executives help the situation or not. All entitled to their view though. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Bailey said:
    Was this not exactly the scam that the spivs tried to pull by promising a near and richer relative prime real estate, The Valley, and a stake in a site on the old Metro gas land by the O2. 
    The Metrogas idea was way back in the 1980s - that land by the flyover was built on at the end of the 1990s and is long, long gone. It's now occupied by Ikea, its car park, the old Sainsbury's petrol station, a dual carriageway and a sorting office.

You're thinking of Morden Wharf, which was the spivs' thing- this is up by the Blackwall Tunnel, facing Canary Wharf. Greenwich Council's then-leader, Chris Roberts, had a pipe dream of moving Charlton there and managed to get an open-air arena inserted into a masterplan for the area. He's long gone and that site is also out of play now - planning permission for 1,500 homes was (controversially) given last September

• Options
    Wooooooaaaah, they hear the battle cry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    If it keeps it from upsetting folk…

• Options
    Another resignation incoming 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Should rename The Valley The Hokey Kokey with the amount of ins and outs going on
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Being told a sacking took place, could be someone different. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Has it finally happened, or are we not that lucky?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Don’t even put that thought in my mind, I promised the staff a case of wine and I’m skint! 😂
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    J BLOCK said:

Number two?
  • Options
    I somewhat "jokingly" mentioned Ravi when Olly G was "made redundant" and am now thinking that he hasn't been mentioned anywhere this season as far as I'm aware.

Wonder if any Lifers have sponsored a shirt yet, or enquired about doing so as it always used to be Ravi's dept that dealt with such.
  • Options
    =Scotty. 

Dr Rae to host Charlton TV!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I somewhat "jokingly" mentioned Ravi when Olly G was "made redundant" and am now thinking that he hasn't been mentioned anywhere this season as far as I'm aware.

Wonder if any Lifers have sponsored a shirt yet, or enquired about doing so as it always used to be Ravi's dept that dealt with such.
    Ravi is still at the club. Had a chat with him at the last home match. He is on holiday this week apparently.
  • Options
    =Scotty. 

You’ve seen it then? 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Ravi is still at the club. Had a chat with him at the last home match. He is on holiday this week apparently.
    OK, thanks.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Was this not exactly the scam that the spivs tried to pull by promising a near and richer relative prime real estate, The Valley, and a stake in a site on the old Metro gas land by the O2. 
    The Metrogas idea was way back in the 1980s - that land by the flyover was built on at the end of the 1990s and is long, long gone. It's now occupied by Ikea, its car park, the old Sainsbury's petrol station, a dual carriageway and a sorting office.

You're thinking of Morden Wharf, which was the spivs' thing- this is up by the Blackwall Tunnel, facing Canary Wharf. Greenwich Council's then-leader, Chris Roberts, had a pipe dream of moving Charlton there and managed to get an open-air arena inserted into a masterplan for the area. He's long gone and that site is also out of play now - planning permission for 1,500 homes was (controversially) given last September

And the Ikea car park, along with the B&Q, is slated to be covered by housing!

https://mrpgreenwich.co.uk/
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    T_C_E said:
    =Scotty. 

You’ve seen it then? 
    Charlton TV? Yes it’s excellent, and I was cross referencing her audition reels! 👎🏻

Or do you mean something else…🕵🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Bailey said:

Thanks Inspector, you certainly have a better idea of the aborted plans and the Geography than I ever will. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    swordfish said:
    I've long since given up trying to second guess what motivates people to tweet as they do. The twittersphere is alien to me and I only see things on there by those who post them on here. For all I know, he could have been at the meths!
    It’s very similar to a forum really. 
    People expressing views, some sensible, some not, some behind a cloak of anonymity, some not. 
    You can ‘like’ a tweet/post, and you can retweet a tweet, or quote a post. 
    The difference is that there are far more people on Twitter, and you (arguably lol) get more loonies. People here are perhaps just as likely to have ‘been at the meths’ as on Twitter though. 🤪
    Fortunately CL is better run in terms of not allowing abuse. 👍
    I was thinking it might be time for me to go on having resisted until now, mainly to get more context behind the things that get re-posted in here.