Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    I’m being told it was a safety officer and not H&S who left, she started at the end of August and quit 2 weeks ago. 
    Official reason given for resigning , *personal reasons.

*That of course saves them explaining why another member of staff walked away.

I’m being told…..
    And I quote…..

”I can’t and won’t work like this”

Hopefully not Ben Garner ! 
  • Options
    Is there a date for that , I thought I read something similar but it was from moons ago
  • Options
    Is there a date for that , I thought I read something similar but it was from moons ago
    Aug 21
  • Options
    Do you have a Glassdoor account - I can’t be bothered to open one, but it looked like they’d just had an annual “give us a good review” day in the office. Lots of reviews from Friday, which seemed a bit odd, but then I ran out of free views. 
  • Options
    Do you have a Glassdoor account - I can’t be bothered to open one, but it looked like they’d just had an annual “give us a good review” day in the office. Lots of reviews from Friday, which seemed a bit odd, but then I ran out of free views. 
    Yeah there are a lot that say "this is my first day and I love it already" or something of the sort. It's quite strange. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Yeah there are a lot that say "this is my first day and I love it already" or something of the sort. It's quite strange. 
     With the turnover of staff they appear to have,  maybe they've thrown a load of false reviews in just to get people through the door?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone hear that TS has had to borrow money this month to pay wage bill or some of it? Don't know how true this is.. 300K
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    That's a wild conspiracy theory, to put it kindly. TS's long-term aim is to develop land he doesn't even own, by running down the asset that he does. Ha!
    It is plausible unfortunately in this day an age whether by intended calculation (I don't think that's the case at all) or by  circumstance ie floundering in league one or lower hemorrhaging millions each season.

Being a Charlton fan is brief respite during enduring periods of turbulence. The seat belt sign never turns off.
  • Options
    Talks port may have to intervene at least a little bit again. 

Jim White and Simon Jordan could look up the fresh ongoing problem and get sandguard on the phone.

It won't help an awful lot, but it will at least expose his recent actions 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Anyone hear that TS has had to borrow money this month to pay wage bill or some of it? Don't know how true this is.. 300K
    Not heard that and no idea, but I'm sceptical.  We haven't won in six league games now, so some will want more ammunition to fire at the owner, even if those particular bullets should prove to be blanks. From whom did you hear that if I might ask? Was it someone ITK?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    hulyer_mark Twitter 
    What's he trying to achieve with that? Points b) c) d) are flawed in my opinion. If you want to build yet more flats look first at the soulless shopping areas north of the Woolwich Rd. Greenwich council would have a fight to grant planning permission. Who would buy a loss making 'club' to play their home games somewhere unrelated to their ancestral home?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Raelynn Looking to get a foot in the media/broadcasting industry according to this.

Reckon Minto will be off next.

https://drraemaloney.wordpress.com/resume/
    Clearly wants to be a presenter from that evidence…
    We’ll end up with Charlton TV looking exactly like the Sports Center spoof that Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds did on their ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ series. Funny though.
    At least Rob and Ryan got football people on board straight away, if a movie star has the humility to admit he doesn't know anything about running a club, it really shows the ego of Sandgaard
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    That's a wild conspiracy theory, to put it kindly. TS's long-term aim is to develop land he doesn't even own, by running down the asset that he does. Ha!
    It is plausible unfortunately in this day an age whether by intended calculation (I don't think that's the case at all) or by  circumstance ie floundering in league one or lower hemorrhaging millions each season.

Being a Charlton fan is brief respite during enduring periods of turbulence. The seat belt sign never turns off.
    Really disagree that it's plausible.
    To clarify I mean that it's quite plausible we could be sold and Valley lost or even lost without a sale rather than the specifics of the tweet.
  • Options
    Is he still around regularly or is he becoming an absent owner?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    That makes sense. I always thought the cost cutting was him getting ready to sell up. It could equally mean he doesn’t have the funds to sustain us 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    That makes sense. I always thought the cost cutting was him getting ready to sell up. It could equally mean he doesn’t have the funds to sustain us 
    I’ve always thought it was down to funds. I don’t like what Sandgaard has been doing but it’s easy to spend other peoples money. It’s been obvious for a while he doesn’t have the money for league 1 losses, he expected promotion last year. Thats why he’s cost cutting and putting prices high expecting fans “to do their bit”. 

It’s only going to get worse. His sales targets are impossible so only player sales can cover the losses. Unless we find a Lookman every year it’s going to be a couple of Burstows and further cutting down on new signings. Almost impossible to then succeed on the pitch. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Club shop window smashed in over night. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Probably JFC…

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Not sure that’s relevant for a Sandgaard thread. Keen for this thead not to become a one stop shop (with a smashed window!) if we can avoid it 
  • Options
    I'm sure it wasn't a cafc fan. but a disgruntled employee? a few of them around