Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Isn't this the bloke that plays Bert Large in Doc Martin?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think it’s time we got an updated version of Addicks to Victory - that’ll raise the morale 
    Sort of Gangham Style remix? That should make the fans forget the loss at Barnsley!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Another resignation incoming 
    Being told a sacking took place, could be someone different. 
    The fella from Man Utd according to Pinto 
  • Options
    Gotta say my yera pass to watch games on the stream has run out and I am planning to renew. However, as I like a good conspiracy theory, I'll hold fire with the cash until I see Raelyn isn't going to be running the show. You want to put her on the telly, set up a youtube account - I like the Curbs/Minto combo and the in depth analysis. There's pirate places I can pay to watch Charlton much cheaper if push comes to shove!
  • Options
    Know I've said it before, but still don't reckon the ground is as an attractive development plot as others think.

Access, both during construction and when it's fully built, would be a nightmare when you consider the roads leading in / out. Imagine 100 odd cars trying to get out of the area in a 2 hour period every morning, it would be even more gridlocked than it is now. The only way I could see it work would be to do something under Ransom Walk, but even then it would cause chaos on the Woolwich Road, even.if it were possible.

• Options
    Who is Caroline?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Caroline?
    Some kind of marketing/Management consultant that came into the club 

• Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options

Maybe there is something to Dubai's post from yesterday about the wage bill. 
  • Options
    They’re going to flip us aren’t they?
  • Options
    I didn’t have a name but a safety officer is believed to have been employed and resigned in the space of two weeks and was also female. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Was this not exactly the scam that the spivs tried to pull by promising a near and richer relative prime real estate, The Valley, and a stake in a site on the old Metro gas land by the O2. 
    The Metrogas idea was way back in the 1980s - that land by the flyover was built on at the end of the 1990s and is long, long gone. It's now occupied by Ikea, its car park, the old Sainsbury's petrol station, a dual carriageway and a sorting office.

You're thinking of Morden Wharf, which was the spivs' thing- this is up by the Blackwall Tunnel, facing Canary Wharf. Greenwich Council's then-leader, Chris Roberts, had a pipe dream of moving Charlton there and managed to get an open-air arena inserted into a masterplan for the area. He's long gone and that site is also out of play now - planning permission for 1,500 homes was (controversially) given last September

And the Ikea car park, along with the B&Q, is slated to be covered by housing!

https://mrpgreenwich.co.uk/
    And that’s kind of the point - just about any land in Greater London or even in the Kent Thameside area is going to be more valuable as housing (or warehousing, with the rise of online shopping) than it will be as an open-air car park or football stadium. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Know I've said it before, but still don't reckon the ground is as an attractive development plot as others think.

Access, both during construction and when it's fully built, would be a nightmare when you consider the roads leading in / out. Imagine 100 odd cars trying to get out of the area in a 2 hour period every morning, it would be even more gridlocked than it is now. The only way I could see it work would be to do something under Ransom Walk, but even then it would cause chaos on the Woolwich Road, even.if it were possible.
    Spot on Gribbo. As you know, I live here and it takes very little to back-up all the streets around the ground even on a non-football day. If the Valley was ever developed for housing it would be chaotic.  The Silvertown Tunnel won't help us locally as more traffic tries to reach it or leave it avoiding the A102/A2. The level-crossing will have to be closed permanently at some point too, so unlikely to get any better. Looks like we may have voted off joining the Council's lates parking plans which would have charged us to park outside our homes, limited the number of car parking spaces for residents and added parking meters instead. 
  • Options
    I'm getting a really bad feeling 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That should also answer the question...........How has burger boy survived this long?
    Say's what needed to survive and not to do the job.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    We don’t need to shell out fortunes on management consultants. We need a proper CEO. 
    Yep. That is the main issue for me.  An experienced football CEO in charge of the day to day running of the club would solve 95% of the issues. 

It will never happen though as Sandgaard doesn't listen to anyone outside of his own bubble 
    I'd say lack of money to invest properly on the pitch is a good 50% of our issues. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We don’t need to shell out fortunes on management consultants. We need a proper CEO. 
    Yep. That is the main issue for me.  An experienced football CEO in charge of the day to day running of the club would solve 95% of the issues. 

It will never happen though as Sandgaard doesn't listen to anyone outside of his own bubble 
    I'd say lack of money to invest properly on the pitch is a good 50% of our issues. 
    I'd answer that by saying there would be more money in the coffers for strengthening the squad had TS been less gung ho/ I know best  in so many other areas.

The list of questionable decisions is a looong one that clearly shows he ran before he could walk in almost every department.

Truly, only has himself to blame although I'm 100% certain he would deny it until the buffalo come home....

You stupid "boy"