Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    He does what he wants 
    He does what he wants
    He’s Thomas Sandgaard he does what he wants
  • Options
    I agree there are all valid criticisms, non-coaching staff, player recruitment. We all wanted it be better.  His son involved in transfer targets based on some sort of data analysis. It all needs improving.  It doesn't mean that none of this will ever work.  
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the safety office only lasted two weeks in the Job after falling through the pot hole portal.
    can we play if we have no safety officer ??
    Mick E is the safety officer, without him there would be no games.

• Options
    I agree there are all valid criticisms, non-coaching staff, player recruitment. We all wanted it be better.  His son involved in transfer targets based on some sort of data analysis. It all needs improving.  It doesn't mean that none of this will ever work.  
    I’d add the match day ticket pricing….

But i do take on board the good things you mention…
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Sorry to hear the safety office only lasted two weeks in the Job after falling through the pot hole portal.
    can we play if we have no safety officer ??
    Mick E is the safety officer, without him there would be no games.

He is but he also retired last season. He’s still doing the job.
    That he did, was the safety officer that quit in place with the idea ME would be allowed to step away completely should she have stayed?
  • Options
    I don’t think it will ever work, because the flaws derive from TS’s approach and he won’t change. I suspect some people are still underestimating quite how bad things are within the club.

That said I don’t buy any of the conspiracy theory stuff and I don’t believe Sandgaard wanted anything other than to succeed. This is why he is better than ESI, Duchatelet or the Spivs, although at least the Spivs mostly kept out of the way until the Cash ran out in 2012.

The Barclay thing isn’t worth endlessly revisiting but the idea it wasn’t serious or that his failure to meet RD showed a lack of intent is laughable. It also wasn’t (just) Barclay’s money. The other party had a track record of relevant expertise as well as more money.

RD was on the hook for the £7m until Sandgaard showed up which is what may have brought him to the table if TS hadn’t shown up. But we’ll never know, because he gave him an out. It’s all spilt milk now.
    You know a lot more than me about how he works, so it's very disappointing if he's not the type of person who can learn from mistakes. 
    Regarding how bad things are within the club, what sort of things do you think this could lead to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I think we can has a good idea that he won't change, simply because we have a good idea how the man works. Personally, I felt he was wasting money when he was spending it and he is the sort of idiot who will go from one extreme to the other. I thought it was a bit crass talking to every fan who messaged him in the beginning and now there is radio silence. I thought it was crass telling us he had a 5 year plan too. I don't belive you can have such a plan, but if it was waste money in years one and two and spend nothing from then on, I'm not sure what sort of plan that is.

There have been reports of behind the scenes turmoil through last season and we are finding out that he is also not a very nice man. So an egocentric, nasty, football idiot who doesn't want to learn from his mistakes is all I see.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    We don’t need to shell out fortunes on management consultants. We need a proper CEO. 
    Yep. That is the main issue for me.  An experienced football CEO in charge of the day to day running of the club would solve 95% of the issues. 

It will never happen though as Sandgaard doesn't listen to anyone outside of his own bubble 
    I'd say lack of money to invest properly on the pitch is a good 50% of our issues. 
    I'd answer that by saying there would be more money in the coffers for strengthening the squad had TS been less gung ho/ I know best  in so many other areas.

The list of questionable decisions is a looong one that clearly shows he ran before he could walk in almost every department.

Truly, only has himself to blame although I'm 100% certain he would deny it until the buffalo come home....

You stupid "boy"
    Do you not feel he has also been let down by the recruitment team?

He did provide a decent player recruitment budget last season + the year before. Some of it was well spent on the likes of Fraser (that have improved us) but the majority has been spent on players that haven’t e.g. DJ, Kirk, Lavelle & Aneke.

Surely whoever advised him to spend on these players (bearing in mind he would know little about most of them) has to take some responsibility for our downfall? 

The £1m+ spent on the above signings should have got TS better than a bottom half L1 side.
    Yeah, starting with his son.
  • Options
    Is his son working for free or something? Or on a low wage? Obviously,  that's unlikely.  

What's the logic in hiring his son into a pressurising unsuccessful business that's only losing money and going nowhere?

Neither of them will be getting much out of it.

It's just a pointless "my way or the highway" approach
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Can't fault him for aiming high but is it wise to hire marketing consultants who've previously worked for Man Utd? I can't think of any similarities at all in terms of what we as a club should be doing, that would compare to what United do.

We should probably be looking more at what the likes of Millwall or Brentford do than the worlds biggest club.

I mean if you were looking at marketing your small start-up shopping business you wouldn't be hiring consultants who worked for Amazon.
    Welling would be a good start. They are running rings around us with their simple, straightforward and pragmatic offers. Gates have doubled, beer, food and club shop sales are up too and they are pressing on. We have to get real on what's being promoted and what will attract large numbers of fans. £3 off each of three already expensive match tickets bought in advance, which might otherwise attract a ludicrous £3 booking fee just makes us looks silly.
    Certainly having a good season so far.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Can't fault him for aiming high but is it wise to hire marketing consultants who've previously worked for Man Utd? I can't think of any similarities at all in terms of what we as a club should be doing, that would compare to what United do.

We should probably be looking more at what the likes of Millwall or Brentford do than the worlds biggest club.

I mean if you were looking at marketing your small start-up shopping business you wouldn't be hiring consultants who worked for Amazon.
    Welling would be a good start. They are running rings around us with their simple, straightforward and pragmatic offers. Gates have doubled, beer, food and club shop sales are up too and they are pressing on. We have to get real on what's being promoted and what will attract large numbers of fans. £3 off each of three already expensive match tickets bought in advance, which might otherwise attract a ludicrous £3 booking fee just makes us looks silly.
    Are the increased gates not simply a result of them playing well and being in the play off places as opposed to fighting relegation though?

Everything else, food, beer, club shop will naturally follow as a result of the increased gates. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I think we can has a good idea that he won't change, simply because we have a good idea how the man works. Personally, I felt he was wasting money when he was spending it and he is the sort of idiot who will go from one extreme to the other. I thought it was a bit crass talking to every fan who messaged him in the beginning and now there is radio silence. I thought it was crass telling us he had a 5 year plan too. I don't belive you can have such a plan, but if it was waste money in years one and two and spend nothing from then on, I'm not sure what sort of plan that is.

There have been reports of behind the scenes turmoil through last season and we are finding out that he is also not a very nice man. So an egocentric, nasty, football idiot who doesn't want to learn from his mistakes is all
    Seems he is not nice after all.
  • Options
    I don’t think it will ever work, because the flaws derive from TS’s approach and he won’t change. I suspect some people are still underestimating quite how bad things are within the club.

That said I don’t buy any of the conspiracy theory stuff and I don’t believe Sandgaard wanted anything other than to succeed. This is why he is better than ESI, Duchatelet or the Spivs, although at least the Spivs mostly kept out of the way until the Cash ran out in 2012.

The Barclay thing isn’t worth endlessly revisiting but the idea it wasn’t serious or that his failure to meet RD showed a lack of intent is laughable. It also wasn’t (just) Barclay’s money. The other party had a track record of relevant expertise as well as more money.

RD was on the hook for the £7m until Sandgaard showed up which is what may have brought him to the table if TS hadn’t shown up. But we’ll never know, because he gave him an out. It’s all spilt milk now.
    Both Hulyer's conspiracy theory and the one suggesting it was RD's intention to watch us go bust once he'd sold us to ESI I presume, RD being motivated by money, his best chance of getting his back with Charlton in the Premier League. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Is his son working for free or something? Or on a low wage? Obviously,  that's unlikely.  

What's the logic in hiring his son into a pressurising unsuccessful business that's only losing money and going nowhere?

I would say don't over think it. The job of being the son of a rich guy is to be the son of a rich guy. So if that means heading up his newest toy, great! That's your job now. You're magically qualified.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Well his son gets a job out of it. Of course it could be argued he could do that at Zynex.

But it could be as simple as his son will have never had a job interview before - and needs a job. Same as my brother in law - who is 52 and never had to find a job in his life. When my father in law retires and sells the business he literally will be all at sea.

Family tends to come before anything in life which whilst understandable, doesn’t help us a bit.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Well his son gets a job out of it. Of course it could be argued he could do that at Zynex.

But it could be as simple as his son will have never had a job interview before - and needs a job. Same as my brother in law - who is 52 and never had to find a job in his life. When my father in law retires and sells the business he literally will be all at sea.

Family tends to come before anything in life which whilst understandable, doesn’t help us a bit.

It is understandable to a certain degree, but also really stupid.

His son can add it to his CV, but perhaps best to leave out any details of the job and why he had the job in the 1st place

Should send his son to university and make him pursue a pathway he is skilled in. He has has the money for it. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Dave2l said:

He did do that at Zynex, his black box there enabled him to scout out the best website developer to employ for Zynex….
    Coincidentally they were also the cheapest (a bit like only recruiting from league 2 or below)…

Edit: also when questioned at the time regarding his sons employment, Tommy told the Zynex faithful that his boy had the most powerful pain removal technique in the whole country….
  • Options

There have been reports of behind the scenes turmoil through last season and we are finding out that he is also not a very nice man. So an egocentric, nasty, football idiot who doesn't want to learn from his mistakes is all I see.
    He has probably never been in such a situation before Mutley. I don't see any history of him turning a loss making business into a successful one on board Sandgaard's portfolio. He needs help but as you say his ego stands in the way of that happening. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

It is understandable to a certain degree, but also really stupid.

His son can add it to his CV, but perhaps best to leave out any details of the job and why he had the job in the 1st place

Should send his son to university and make him pursue a pathway he is skilled in. He has has the money for it. 

THIS 100%
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Scoham said:

That’s quite juicy…
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Wouldn't be able to get the u21s to put crosses in for him to practise his very hard shots at Zynex though...