Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options

@AFKABartram - please note - instant ban if this ever happens again - and that goes for all CL members 
    We hear the battle cry…
    If I hear it played, I substitute " I drink the bottle dry"...
    Just like any day of the week with a Y in it’s name for you then Fanny 😀
  • Options
    As fans we may disagree, but looking at the reaction from those actually within the club, this is significantly worse than it was under RD. We never had this kind of unrest amongst team members and staff - which was perhaps reflected by the stronger on pitch performances.

We are in a much worse state in that respect.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I actually don't mind the tune...but the lyrics (some I just don't get)

We hear the battle cry (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    We fightin', you will see (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Addicks to victory (oh, oh, oh-oh)

We're in a hurry, in the valley now
    On a mission, gonna tear it down (what the Valley?)
    Eyes among you, all the adrenaline
    And determined for a clean sheet win (some chance!)

We will win (yeah right..)
    We will win
    A clean sheet win
    We will win!

Oh, oh, oh-oh
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh) (should it only be played for evening games?)
    Addicks to victory

Choking down alive (what...!?)
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see
    Addicks to victory

Oh, oh, oh-oh
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Addicks to victory

Choking down alive
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see
    Chopped and see your friend (what...!?)
    Choking down alive (what...!?)
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see

Addicks to victory, etc.
    The most inaccurate football song since those Scotland world cup songs.  Have reported him to the EFL anthems officer, who said it was the biggest pile of shit he'd come across since Waddle and Hoddle
  • Options
    ads said:
    CafcWest said:

The most inaccurate football song since those Scotland world cup songs.  Have reported him to the EFL anthems officer, who said it was the biggest pile of shit he'd come across since Waddle and Hoddle
    Hold my pint…..

You have quoted the whole fucking ‘song’ lyrics again 🤦🏻

You need to sharpen up your CL quoting approach

@aliwibble and @AFKABartram - I’m afraid it’s over to you - farewell @ads - it’s been emotional 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The mystery line in the song is: “jogging down the line”

Would hope for a bit more effort than that!
  • Options

Presume you’ve not seen us play in a long, long time then 
  • Options

Presume you’ve not seen us play in a long, long time then 
    Assumed it was written for Ben Watson.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's going for it isn't it?

But could this particular tweet backfire if the club ends up getting fined and/or the block goes back on and people start bleating they can't watch games without getting off their arses again?
    What I don't get about this (and why I suspect that isn't the whole story) is how would it benefit without publicity?

Those that choose already to cheat the system via a VPN will already do this and can continue to do so. Anybody new  will assume they cannot do it for a 3pm game based on what is publicised by the club i.e. overseas only and probably wont try. Those that play by the rules will be unaware.

If anyone tries on the off chance and were successful (if indeed blocks were deliberately removed)  they are surely going to be negligible numbers. A few tenner's here and there wont change the cost base for TS. The risk of EFL sanction is surely much greater than any extra revenue.

I can believe them turning a blind eye to VPN activity and not making attempts to close it down, as I imagine, that is a grey area to defend with the EFL - but I am guessing.

I cant see lifting the UK restriction beyond maybe supporting a subtle experiment makes much sense. Maybe they could argue they are gathering data / MI to support a challenge to the EFL on what broadcast rights need to change to ? That is of course a sympathetic hypothetical argument (based on absolutely nothing) but I just don't see how the so called 'leak' is a deliberate action that will make much impact.

Isn't it all about perceptions and trying to convince the public that our owners are law breakers? I suspect there are an increasing number of people on here and elsewhere who rather wish Thomas hadn't shown up when he did and would like him gone. This feed of information from within pours petrol on the flames.

I'm sure those digging the dirt will deny they're trying to force him out if he won't change his ways, but it's a probable consequence of bringing his and his family's activities to the attention of the authorities, even if those posting this stuff consider it in the best interests of the Club, and that's what concerns me more than discrediting the current owner.

Our fortunes have hardly changed for the better having 'forced' Roland's partial withdrawal and we'd have to let the chips fall as they may if Sandgaard decides to pull the plug on us. As long as there's a better viable alternative out there waiting, that shouldn't be a problem, but if there isn't, well who knows.
  • Options
    Some of those ‘lyrics’

And determined for a clean sheet win

Choking down alive

😂😂
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Some of those ‘lyrics’

And determined for a clean sheet win

Choking down alive

😂😂
    Jogging down the line 
  • Options
    "Chopped and see your friend" 

Probably a 98 playoff final reference 🤔
  • Options
    We should’ve paid more attention to these when the song first came out.  I was so taken by the noise I only really heard the chorus 

The writing was on the wall.  Or in this case, the song 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful 'lyrics' if that's what they are.
  • Options

Jogging down the Leagues?
  • Options

Jogging down the Leagues?
    No that would be racing down the leagues, we’ll do that much quicker!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    MarcusH26 said:

But could this particular tweet backfire if the club ends up getting fined and/or the block goes back on and people start bleating they can't watch games without getting off their arses again?
    What I don't get about this (and why I suspect that isn't the whole story) is how would it benefit without publicity?

Those that choose already to cheat the system via a VPN will already do this and can continue to do so. Anybody new  will assume they cannot do it for a 3pm game based on what is publicised by the club i.e. overseas only and probably wont try. Those that play by the rules will be unaware.

If anyone tries on the off chance and were successful (if indeed blocks were deliberately removed)  they are surely going to be negligible numbers. A few tenner's here and there wont change the cost base for TS. The risk of EFL sanction is surely much greater than any extra revenue.

I can believe them turning a blind eye to VPN activity and not making attempts to close it down, as I imagine, that is a grey area to defend with the EFL - but I am guessing.

I cant see lifting the UK restriction beyond maybe supporting a subtle experiment makes much sense. Maybe they could argue they are gathering data / MI to support a challenge to the EFL on what broadcast rights need to change to ? That is of course a sympathetic hypothetical argument (based on absolutely nothing) but I just don't see how the so called 'leak' is a deliberate action that will make much impact.

The same bloke who thought the outside chance of a free beer at the next match would sell a £29/£32 ticket?
    So if you are just saying he is a very poor judge of what income streams exist are we to believe there wasn’t an internal conversation when he suggested or instructed this? 

I find it interesting to imagine that no one pointed out the flaw in unblocking versus the risk. 

If we really do have an insider what was the argument given for unblocking?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    MarcusH26 said:

The same bloke who thought the outside chance of a free beer at the next match would sell a £29/£32 ticket?
    So if you are just saying he is a very poor judge of what income streams exist are we to believe there wasn’t an internal conversation when he suggested or instructed this? 

I find it interesting to imagine that no one pointed out the flaw in unblocking versus the risk. 

If we really do have an insider what was the argument given for unblocking?
    Staff were told they should leave if they didn’t believe the ground could be sold out. This is not an environment where staff are encouraged to challenge or question edicts from above - people have been removed for having a different opinion from Thomas and Raelynn, so why would they?
    Well that’s interesting. If it has deteriorated to that extent.

I just can’t imagine a work environment where people just do what they are told without any questions / clarification at all. I don’t mean confront or object but no input at all is really strange. 

More so also because he does run another profitable business, so this closing down of input must be known to be wrong. 

If things are that bad you’d expect every member of staff to be actively looking for alternative jobs and jump ship as soon as they can. It’s not as if the club pay well by all accounts so very little incentive to stay put and very little likelihood of new recruits queuing up to replace them.

I’m not convinced there isn’t more to this in as far as what his logic was if it was truly instructed. I’d just be curious to know what he thought might result without publicising it.