Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Don’t think I’ve seen The Valley so empty for a Saturday game since our return.
    How many do you reckon?
    I would guess under 8k.
    I reckon Forest Green was our lowest home attendance for a league match since our return. Today is likely our lowest attendance for a Saturday league match. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    When is personal responsibility going to occur?

When will sandguard openly admitt the stats don't lie and he's done a shit job?

He thinks the club has been run really badly over the last 20 years....the worst part is now

That will never happen. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I don't think it needs massive investment. We are a couple of players short of challenging in the top half. I am like a worn record saying there are not enough goals in the team. I have been saying it since the start of last season. It pisses me off that professionals don't understand it. I could sit down wth them for half an hour and stats and show them how f*ing obvious it is. JFC has to get a chance as he is a midfielder who knows where the goal is and we are short of that quality in the team/squad. Also if your two forwards can't play as lone strikers and you don't have goals in the team, you do need to address the issue.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m still going, no matter the owner, no matter the results. Can’t hang around waiting for better times at my age. 
    Classic. Missed today’s match as my wife tested positive for covid, and I feel rough too. 
    Still watched on CTV.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m still going, no matter the owner, no matter the results. Can’t hang around waiting for better times at my age. 
    Classic. Missed today’s match as my wife tested positive for covid, and I feel rough too. 
    Still watched on CTV.
    Should you have travelled abroad with a possible covid infection?
    I watched the first half in Canada and the second in Japan just for the hell of it.
    I haven’t got Covid though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't get away from Rifkinds comments. And I'm pretty sure they were echoed by Sandgaard despite what he may have said.
    It's quite clear they need further investment from elsewhere. But low crowds and league one in general means they won't be getting it anytime soon.
    When he first turned up,  Sandgaard needed to hit the ground running and get us up ASAP. Any longer than two seasons and he must have known he was in trouble. There was no long term plan in his mind. Get us up. Get the numbers back watching and the corporate and sponsorship deals will slowly start to flow.. And maybe we would start to become a little more self sufficient
     TBF he very nearly managed it with Adkins. If he'd managed to get us up then things may have been so much different.
    Where things are now is anyone's guess. But it's certainly not in any sort of good place.
  • Options
    Was TS there today? He didn’t move around the lounges as he normally does if he was there. Also, did I hear right that TS got a bit of an abusive chant toward the end of the first half? It certainly feels like it is all turning sour and if I heard right, he won’t have enjoyed that very much.
  • Options

On house outside Valley today !!
    That really is pathetic.

We have a strange fan base at times 

We have a strange fan base …

words fail
    you sometimes with our fanbase …
  • Options
    Was TS there today? He didn’t move around the lounges as he normally does if he was there. Also, did I hear right that TS got a bit of an abusive chant toward the end of the first half? It certainly feels like it is all turning sour and if I heard right, he won’t have enjoyed that very much.
    Sandgaard was there but as I said to someone today. I’m not wasting my time protesting in car parks etc again when he will do all his dough anyway. Unless he does the sensible thing by his wallet and walks away by next summer. 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOo7RUs-fFg

Apologies if this or similar has previously been posted but the important part is at 6 minutes 12secs. Sandgaard why couldn't this be you ?
  • Options

Apologies if this or similar has previously been posted but the important part is at 6 minutes 12secs. Sandgaard why couldn't this be you ?
    Not so sure... I found a recent Episode interesting when they visited Wrexham, one fan they interacted with complained about the Shaun Harvey and CEO (a lady who had been in the role @ Burton) appointments, saying they felt that neither "got" the club.

Its a shame thaf Rob / Ryan's reaction wasn't covered. 
  • Options
    I don't think it needs massive investment. We are a couple of players short of challenging in the top half. I am like a worn record saying there are not enough goals in the team. I have been saying it since the start of last season. It pisses me off that professionals don't understand it. I could sit down wth them for half an hour and stats and show them how f*ing obvious it is. JFC has to get a chance as he is a midfielder who knows where the goal is and we are short of that quality in the team/squad. Also if your two forwards can't play as lone strikers and you don't have goals in the team, you do need to address the issue.
    I would humbly disagree, I think we need way more than just a couple of players to challenge in this league. 
  • Options

That really is pathetic.
    Why ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

That really is pathetic.
    Why ?
    It feels inaccurate for a start. I don’t think Sandgaard is tight per se, I just don’t think he spends his money wisely (or surrounds/hires people who know he should spend his money). 

I also worry that this movement against Sandgaard is going to end in a “be careful what you wish for” situation. The next owner after Sandgaard is far more likely to come in the shape of ESI than some oil baron. 
    Ok..maybe he is not investing in the club, with the transfers fees revived where has that gone ? Personally I don’t believe that he has the funds to get us where he said he wants too..gave Garner a job for his attacking football but sadly was not given the tools to work with. For the record Garner is a good manager, but something is just not right there anymore and it is of my opinion he is looking to offload the club and until that happens he will not invest, let’s face it you could have paid £33 for the pleasure of watching that today 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    se9addick said:

That really is pathetic.
    Why ?
    It feels inaccurate for a start. I don’t think Sandgaard is tight per se, I just don’t think he spends his money wisely (or surrounds/hires people who know he should spend his money). 

I also worry that this movement against Sandgaard is going to end in a “be careful what you wish for” situation. The next owner after Sandgaard is far more likely to come in the shape of ESI than some oil baron. 
    Ok..maybe he is not investing in the club, with the transfers fees revived where has that gone ? Personally I don’t believe that he has the funds to get us where he said he wants too..gave Garner a job for his attacking football but sadly was not given the tools to work with. For the record Garner is a good manager, but something is just not right there anymore and it is of my opinion he is looking to offload the club and until that happens he will not invest, let’s face it you could have paid £33 for the pleasure of watching that today 
    Where do  you think the transfer fees have gone? What are you suggesting? 

The clubs finances are a state, we run at a significant loss. I would guess that income from player trading is covering some of the losses. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

That really is pathetic.
    Why ?

Where do  you think the transfer fees have gone? What are you suggesting? 

The clubs finances are a state, we run at a significant loss. I would guess that income from player trading is covering some of the losses. 
    We apparently have the third highest wage budget in the league , really ?
  • Options

Not so sure... I found a recent Episode interesting when they visited Wrexham, one fan they interacted with complained about the Shaun Harvey and CEO (a lady who had been in the role @ Burton) appointments, saying they felt that neither "got" the club.

Its a shame thaf Rob / Ryan's reaction wasn't covered. 
    Have to say I haven't been watching any episodes only came across that clip when searching for something entirely unconnected so maybe doesn't tell the whole story but at least they have admitted to not knowing how to run a football club & bringing in people who supposedly do. Something sandgaard may have done if running a Football club wasn't so easy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That really is pathetic.
    Why ?

Second paragraph, what gives you that idea?
  • Options

What does it say, I can't read or enlarge it 
  • Options

There’s tight, then there’s Thomas Sandgaard 
  • Options

Please respect our neighbours and be quiet when leaving the ground.