Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    The style of Rui’s tweets in terms of syntax and language smacks of someone trying to mask their normal writing style…[everyone looks at each other suspiciously]
  • Options
    He is described on his Twitter account as a "Disgruntled Charlton Athletic employee and whistleblower".
    Doesn't mean that it's true, of course.
    Or is it?
    Theres plenty to choose from!
  • Options
    Who ever it is, going to create an even more unhappy working environment, a lot of finger pointing! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Dave2l said:
    https://youtu.be/34xuHaAjsOE

He's a good reasonable guitarist, but certainly not a good song writer. He is simply more of a smug bellend

"Addicks to victory" is an awful song, for a lot of different reasons. It sounds like a forgettable, dull mind numbing record. 
    A song from poundland Aerosmith. 

It is also a song that has nothing directly to do with Charlton in any kind of way. 

Over a year ago, our eyes and ears were mostly covered in desperate hope, so we couldn't fully observe and hear a terrifying cringe thunderstorm 

Never forget some people on here wanking themselves off over this when it came out. And when he replaced RRR with it - 'it's his club he can do what he wants'
     Did anyone say it was even 'Good' I remember 'Not awful' and 'Not as bad as some are making out'. 

I also remember people saying of making the song that it was his club and he could do what he wants, don't think I remember any single poster fully supporting his replacement of RRR, moving the order people did, but replacing completely? Nope. 

Either way the good will has run out and the guy is showing himself up now. 

I genuinely believe his whole purchase and funding of the club was based around us getting promoted first time. When we didn't it's like we've slowly made cut back after cut back... 

I still remember him saying he always finds a way to overcome issues... I can't see him ticking that box this time around. 
    Or second season. He still put money in last summer and then gambled in January on Fraser and Aneke. He didn’t expect to be funding League 1 losses in his third year that’s for sure 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Who ever it is, going to create an even more unhappy working environment, a lot of finger pointing! 
    Have to admit I thought this too. Can't be a comfortable workplace that's for sure. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's going for it isn't he?

But could this particular tweet backfire if the club ends up getting fined and/or the block goes back on and people start bleating they can't watch games without getting off their arses again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whistle-blower might be acting as a double agent.

Don't rule out TK. 

If a tweet gets uploaded every moment he goes for some alone time...then I suggest tracking him.

Actually,  forget that idea. He doesnt have any friends and hardly anyone still works for the club. 

Either way, the whistle-blower is likely to be someone that people close to the club will least suspect. 
  • Options
    Well, this is hotting up. If the EFL start investigating allegations and pursue fines in the event the club have breached their regulations, while the home office equally start poking around, how long before the brand impact of TS has him seriously considering why on Earth is he bothering…? 

Anyone know a dentist? Seriously, while our expectations have been unrealistically raised and bubbles very quickly burst, I do fear what happens next? If we were at Championship level, I would be feeling more optimistic. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's going for it isn't it?

But could this particular tweet backfire if the club ends up getting fined and/or the block goes back on and people start bleating they can't watch games without getting off their arses again?
    No problem with it whatsoever.
    These will no doubt not be the only strokes Sandgaard is trying to pull. Shine a light on them I say.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I saw burger boy mentioned above and it reminded me.
    He was up to his old tricks again recently but met his match and got told to Feck off and did exactly that.
    If you are that individual the staff and I would like to buy you a drink.

👌👍
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I think it's great he's blowing the lid on all of this stuff. Zero reason to doubt his credibility. 

TS has created a horrible working environment, a bang average football team and employed his unqualified family into key roles in the club. All credit he had is now gone for me. 
    You are being a bit generous in relation to the football team there I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    He's either an ex employee or a current one risking it! Either way it's quite entertaining......
    I reckon an ex employee being feed by someone within the club.. Some false news will be leaked soon to flush them out.. 
    That would seem most likely, if a current employee then they aren't too concerned about losing their job.
    For what reason can they lose their job though?
    They need a reason ???
  • Options
    Throughout my life, whenever a match falls on the same day as my birthday, I have been there home and away. That includes a 7-0 thumping by Brighton back in 1983, not the best way to celebrate my 30th birthday, but had a great day out despite this.
    This Saturday, I will be 69 years young, and while it is so disappointing to miss the game, I just cannot bring myself to go. Sad. Thanks Mr Sandgaard.
    I was at that thrashing by Brighton, it was my 18th....happy birthday for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's going for it isn't it?

What I don't get about this (and why I suspect that isn't the whole story) is how would it benefit without publicity?

Those that choose already to cheat the system via a VPN will already do this and can continue to do so. Anybody new  will assume they cannot do it for a 3pm game based on what is publicised by the club i.e. overseas only and probably wont try. Those that play by the rules will be unaware.

If anyone tries on the off chance and were successful (if indeed blocks were deliberately removed)  they are surely going to be negligible numbers. A few tenner's here and there wont change the cost base for TS. The risk of EFL sanction is surely much greater than any extra revenue.

I can believe them turning a blind eye to VPN activity and not making attempts to close it down, as I imagine, that is a grey area to defend with the EFL - but I am guessing.

I cant see lifting the UK restriction beyond maybe supporting a subtle experiment makes much sense. Maybe they could argue they are gathering data / MI to support a challenge to the EFL on what broadcast rights need to change to ? That is of course a sympathetic hypothetical argument (based on absolutely nothing) but I just don't see how the so called 'leak' is a deliberate action that will make much impact.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I actually don't mind the tune...but the lyrics (some I just don't get)

We hear the battle cry (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    We fightin', you will see (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Addicks to victory (oh, oh, oh-oh)

We're in a hurry, in the valley now
    On a mission, gonna tear it down (what the Valley?)
    Eyes among you, all the adrenaline
    And determined for a clean sheet win (some chance!)

We will win (yeah right..)
    We will win
    A clean sheet win
    We will win!

Oh, oh, oh-oh
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh) (should it only be played for evening games?)
    Addicks to victory

Choking down alive (what...!?)
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see
    Addicks to victory

Oh, oh, oh-oh
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Addicks to victory

Choking down alive
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see
    Chopped and see your friend (what...!?)
    Choking down alive (what...!?)
    Racing against the time
    Follow us and see

Addicks to victory, etc.
  • Options
    I thought “choking down alive” was actually “jogging down the line” which is a little more applicable…
  • Options
    Lyrics of a rhyming randomised reference poetry nature only work if:

1) A famous band performing the song is cool. Drugs and alcohol did the work for them when they were writing it. Ordinary folk feel like they can personally relate to the song. 

2) the song sounds catchy, so the lyrics stand out and they are memorable. 

3) the song actually has a genuine meaning behind it. It's not just about some individual trying to copy ideas and get famous. 

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I thought “choking down alive” was actually “jogging down the line” which is a little more applicable…
    I thought it was 'we just couldn't get it over the line'