Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th July @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    2-1 the Addicks

Ei ei ei oooo 😉

Wait I didn't read the script: bloody Garner ball, losing 3-0 to Accrington because Sandgaard is skint 😉
  • Options
    Has there been any updates regarding Chuck's. I am already resigned to him being out for some time but hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Has there been any updates regarding Chuck's. I am already resigned to him being out for some time but hope I am wrong.
    He posted a picture ‘on the gram’ of him in the new home kit with the caption ‘22/23… only way is 📈’

Make of that what you want. 
  • Options

This is  extremely predictable.

We play some neat passing stuff but don't score.

They force our defenders into a mistake while passing out from the back and score.

Everyone agrees  it's early days and there is plenty of room for optimism but we still don't have a left back or a striker who can stand up and score at the same time. 
  • Options

This is  extremely predictable.

We play some neat passing stuff but don't score.

They force our defenders into a mistake while passing out from the back and score.

Everyone agrees  it's early days and there is plenty of room for optimism but we still don't have a left back or a striker who can stand up and score at the same time. 
    That's the spirit!

(I have you right BTW)
  • Options
    Score first but draw 1-1.
  • Options
    Happy we aren't playing them on a windy tuesday night. A July pitch should suit our style of play as opposed to theirs. 
    Going for a 2-1win. Stockley with both.
  • Options
    No idea who will win or how well we’ll play. And I’m at a wedding, so it’ll be the first match that I’ve missed in a long time :-(
  • Options
    You can count on Charlton to change their squad just after FA announces his match day squad. Keep going FA 😆
  • Options
    Nothing from this one . 2-0 home win .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At training ground today. Looked like a double session of training.
    Cottage pie or Salmon en-croute on the menu tomorrow. Carrots and cabbage as sides.
    No sign on any potential new players.
    Non vegan lunch means the players should have the stamina too at least nick a draw on Saturday.
  • Options
    I fear there are not enough goals in any line-up with our current squad. If the defence is well organised 0-0, if not then 0-2.
    Really hope I am proved wrong and that Garner tippy-tappy pays off and turns our various non goal scoring forwards into Lyle Taylors.
  • Options
    If we're going to play Morgan in preference to Dobson then I despair.
    I don't believe we will.
  • Options
    just don’t get Morgan starting at all. Not good enough for a promotion chasing side so praying he doesn’t. Think we will win it though, no idea of score.
  • Options
    the sort of game Innis is likely to get sent off in... therefore he'd at best be on the bench. Dobson needs to be on the pitch, I'd say with Fraser and Morgan. Not sure it's a Charlie Kirk kind of game either, so I'd use DJ and CBT. At least we have a few options off the bench just for a change. I think we will need to play differently to the friendlies and be prepared to mix it up with a few long balls otherwise we will concede with tippy tappy playing out from the back. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    1-0 Charlton. Aneke comes off the bench to score 89th minute winner before giving the Charlton fans that moan it was crazy to sign him the sssshhhhh sign in his goal celebration. 
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton. Aneke comes off the bench to score 89th minute winner before giving the Charlton fans that moan it was crazy to sign him the sssshhhhh sign in his goal celebration. 
    100% won't happen as he is injured. Should be playing 3 centre halves but Garner too stubborn. 
  • Options
    100% won't happen as he is injured. Should be playing 3 centre halves but Garner too stubborn. 
    He used 3 at the back last season at Swindon before switching to 4-3-3 which shows he’s not fixed to a single formation.

It’s not the only way to get a result there, maybe we should let them worry about us for a change.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why are all of you talking about Accrington like they're a team of Robocop and not a lower-half League One side who play direct? 
    Because last season happened 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are people keen to change the system we have decided to implement, when it’s the1st game of the season and we haven’t seen our best 11 playing it yet?, they have said this is how we are playing, if we are settled with it, why aren’t people saying Accy may need to change to be able to deal with us!!. 
  • Options
    I don’t see the problem with Morgan playing. Going from the Swansea game at the weekend, all three of the midfielders go back and forth and nobody seemed to have a true “holding” role.

He played well and I think he’ll start with McG and Fraser.
  • Options
    Those criticising the style of football Accrington play seem to have forgotten how bad we were when we played them. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why are all of you talking about Accrington like they're a team of Robocop and not a lower-half League One side who play direct? 
    Because last season they weren't a lower half league one side?
  • Options
    Who's going to be captain?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Because last season they weren't a lower half league one side?
    And because we do so, so, well against lower half league one sides who play direct.
  • Options
    If Dobson is sitting on the bench watching Kirk play he will have to wonder WTF is going on. Manager knows better than me though. 0-0 draw. 
  • Options
    I don’t think our current squad has enough goals in it to challenge for promotion but I think it has a goal or two in it enough to get something at Accrington Stanley. Much will depend on our defensive capabilities because I don’t think we’re capable of scoring many. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I agree with Leuth!. Again! 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Pre-emptive disappointment  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!