Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington Stanley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th July @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    No Thursday manager pre match interview as yet.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    No Thursday manager pre match interview as yet.
    Cut backs.
  • Options
    At the end of the day we have to trust Garner to pick the side and make it work. He can pick who he likes and show us he knows what he is doing. I am sceptical he can make it work with what I see as not enough goals in the team but what do I know? Accrington is an interesting start as we will test our new total football against a team of kickers. My money would be on the kickers.
  • Options
    At the end of the day we have to trust Garner to pick the side and make it work. He can pick who he likes and show us he knows what he is doing. I am sceptical he can make it work with what I see as not enough goals in the team but what do I know? Accrington is an interesting start as we will test our new total football against a team of kickers. My money would be on the kickers.
    Let's hope we get more goals than injuries....
  • Options
    Went last season to this fixture and we were awful. Happy to get a draw here. Just don’t lose your aways.
  • Options
    Three times in under 30 mins you have mentioned on this and another stream that you don’t think we will score enough goals. Once an hour is enough.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Three times in under 30 mins you have mentioned on this and another stream that you don’t think we will score enough goals. Once an hour is enough.
    Do you think we will then?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Do you think we will then?
    If we score more than you post we won’t, we will thrash everyone. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, nothing to base a counter view on then. Fair enough.
  • Options
    Fancy us to win 2 nil. Inniss and Kirk
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Why are all of you talking about Accrington like they're a team of Robocop and not a lower-half League One side who play direct? 
    Because last season they weren't a lower half league one side?
    I'm not talking about last season
    They're currently top this season 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table
  • Options
    Why can't we move forwards to a point where top six is not a stretching target? Seeing as this League is not sustainable for us and the longer we stay here the smaller we become. That is my feeling at the moment and my comments are tinged with frustration and anger.
  • Options
    Well that's very refreshing. No idea on the result but atleast we have a plan 
  • Options
    clive said:
    So we drew against Swansea did we? Making up our results could be a good option for this season
  • Options
    Hopefully making stockley captain suggests we may not be looking to play 1 up top but instead are looking to bring a strike partner in for him - hope so - be amazed if it works with him up top on his own - personally I think playing both him and chucks up top together was dangerous but didn’t happen very often as chucks is always injured 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wollacott

clare 
    O Connell 
    innis
    sessignon 

Dobson 
    mgrandles 

Cbt
    fraser
    payne 

stockley 

• Options
    Still nothing on Aneke? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Hopefully making stockley captain suggests we may not be looking to play 1 up top but instead are looking to bring a strike partner in for him - hope so - be amazed if it works with him up top on his own - personally I think playing both him and chucks up top together was dangerous but didn’t happen very often as chucks is always injured 
    No chance
  • Options
    Why can't we move forwards to a point where top six is not a stretching target? Seeing as this League is not sustainable for us and the longer we stay here the smaller we become. That is my feeling at the moment and my comments are tinged with frustration and anger.
    We can. What would be really sad is if we get on the team and the managers back, as the absolute worst thing could happen is that we abandon what we are trying to achieve and change direction again. So much work is being done all down the age groups, but there is so much more that needs to be done. I guess much depends on the degree to which you believe that the style and direction is the right one. I feel relieved that we have at last got a plan and one I passionately believe is the right one. I can forgive quite a lot if we are at least trying to play decent football.
    It maybe next season before we are serious contenders for promotion, but the style of play and squad should be basically Championship ready.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    We’ve been using a front three for most of preseason and when asked Garner said he believes Stockley fits the system. No chance he’ll be switching to two up front in the near future.

I’ve never seen 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 consistently work for us, part of that is never having enough goal threats from out wide, no one capable of scoring 15+. That results in too much pressure on the main striker to always be on form scoring goals.

I expect it’s the role Garner sees Rak-Sakyi (assuming he signs) and Leaburn competing for. It’s a big gamble but if it works out we’ll be a lot stronger than it feels like we currently are.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Still nothing on Aneke? 

Keeping it quiet so Accrington can't come up with a game plan. 

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Still nothing on Aneke? 

Keeping it quiet so Accrington can't come up with a game plan. 

Blow in his ear, he'll go down clutching his hamstring  ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Redrobo said:
    We can. What would be really sad is if we get on the team and the managers back, as the absolute worst thing could happen is that we abandon what we are trying to achieve and change direction again. So much work is being done all down the age groups, but there is so much more that needs to be done. I guess much depends on the degree to which you believe that the style and direction is the right one. I feel relieved that we have at last got a plan and one I passionately believe is the right one. I can forgive quite a lot if we are at least trying to play decent football.
    It maybe next season before we are serious contenders for promotion, but the style of play and squad should be basically Championship ready.
    We sort of agree in a different way. I am frustrated as I think we should have used last year as a base and improved on that raher than change our style based on the owner instead of what suits the players. Simply because results would be easier and cheaper and Sandgaard doesn't seem to want to fund this change. I don't have a preference for any style over another, just winning and I recall last season's style under Adkins was imposed on him. Jacko did what Adkins didn't, or couldn't, and threw it in the bin. Sandgaard hasn't learned from this or that you can't just expect U23s to step up.

I respect your opinion of the system, but to explain mine, If John Beck waltzed in and took us up, I would be happy with that. I used to have principles of how the game should be played but that doesn't help if other teams stop you achieving what you need to acheive. We are now in the shit and when is Sandgaard going to get fed up with it all? Winning is first, second and third for me in relation to my club. I do believe Garner could be a success, but that would require qualities that none of us are aware of yet. We have to hope they are there.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    We’ve been using a front three for most of preseason and when asked Garner said he believes Stockley fits the system. No chance he’ll be switching to two up front in the near future.

I’ve never seen 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 consistently work for us, part of that is never having enough goal threats from out wide, no one capable of scoring 15+. That results in too much pressure on the main striker to always be on form scoring goals.

I expect it’s the role Garner sees Rak-Sakyi (assuming he signs) and Leaburn competing for. It’s a big gamble but if it works out we’ll be a lot stronger than it feels like we currently are.
    Yes I get that and u r more than likely right but I can hope 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Unless garner reads the forums he should be okay - most that go to games now are down to the truly committed and will understand / give it a bit of patience - it’s all the ‘ I want ‘merchants that won’t be there 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!