Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    We did a Derby
  • Options
    McGrandles played like he was still concussed. I’ve got to say, I’d have much preferred Alex Gilbey’s energy coming on in a game like this. 
    I literally can't believe I'm writing this, but somehow Gilbey would have been less bad, yes.

Hopefully it is just a matter of fitness. When JRS and Egbo are up to speed, Payne will be able to play in midfield anyway too so we can forget this heresy 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It seems the better we play, the worse the result. Bloody football.

Got to win our home games to be in with any chance of top 6 finish, 2 very important games coming up, which just might define our season.

Like the look of Payne, like to see him start, still not convinced about Fraser or Mc in midfield.

We shouldn’t forget that both Wednesday and Derby will probably be right up there at end of season. What I would say is that IF we could get hold of a proven goal scorer it will probably be the difference between promotion candidates or being also rans
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Stockley was shit as was Kirk not fucking interested sell stockley if we can and Kirk thay are shit
    As is your grammar, rant of the day though. 
  • Options
    Almost
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner saying Stockley was under the weather today but tried to play through it.
  • Options
    Garner dodges the question whether we need another striker. Says that Stockley played with an illness today.
  • Options
    Ben Garner has just said Stockley under the weather
  • Options
    I was saying that during the game. The game was crying out for a Gilbey. We knew it would be hot and we needed energy. For me, even if you don't like him, it was more a game for him than a not fully fit McGrandles.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Garner saying Stockley was under the weather today but tried to play through it.
    Mmm,shouldnt have played then. That heat wouldnt have helped one bit
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    If that's true it's just fucking stupidity. It was like playing with 10 men at times 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Ok, well he had to bring him off then. He was keeping the defenders honest and it exposes our lack of options up front. Don't know what some of you were watching but their defence was more comfortable against Leaburn. It was one of the reasons they were able to get more players forwards.
  • Options
    A frustrating result. I felt that on the balance we deserved something. 

Going forward our first XI needs to be:

JW
    Clare (Egbo, once he’s fit) 
    Lavelle (Innis is a liability on the ball, and doesn’t do enough in the opposition box on set pieces for a guy of his size)
    O’Connell
    Sessegnon

Dobson
    Morgan (or hopefully a PL loan)
    Payne

CBT
    A new striker
    JRS

Stockley doesn’t fit this system. It’s not fair to expect an 18 year old to lead the line, and Chuks is made of glass. 

McGrandles might be the only midfielder worse than Gilbey. Fraser’s legs had completely gone, and he was still a better option than McGrandles. 

DJ never has been good enough, and I don’t think he will improve beyond his current level. He needs to go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It has been obvious since the start of the season that we are lacking a striker who is quick and can run at players. It’s what the system we are playing needs. I really hope we have someone lined up. Not sure what the future holds for Stockleywith us playing this way. Still get that forward in and we have a real chance of top 6. Need a win Tuesday now big time.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I suggest we give McGrandles a chance. He missed part of pre season with an injury and is just starting to build up his minutes. He's a proven strong player at this level and it's just stupid to write him off so quickly.
    Is anyone writing him off or just saying he hasn't played well so far? Sure we'll see better from him. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    If that's true it's just fucking stupidity. It was like playing with 10 men at times 
    But we have nobody else to play up front. We have 2 weeks now to sort this out. Sheff Wed were able to bring on Lee Gregory, a proven goalscorer. We could only bring in Miles Leaburn. Says it all.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Ok, well he had to bring him off then. He was keeping the defenders honest and it exposes our lack of options up front. Don't know what some of you were watching but their defence was more comfortable against Leaburn. It was one of the reasons they were able to get more players forwards.
    Not questioning the reason for him playing, just that should he have been playing in that heat if he was unwell? Player welfare and all that🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Out substituted.

Three or four substitutes just after half-time will become normal. 

Save your best players for the second half! The idea that you start with your "best team" no longer works .