Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Could be worse, at least we're not Man Utd!
    Thanks mate, I needed something to cheer me up, dear oh dear what a mess 
  • Options
    .ricky_otto said:
    mendonca said:
    Good, probing question from Minto about Stockley...@2.30.
    What was the question - who would win a race between Stockley and a dead tortoise?
    Trick question surely?
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    cazo said:
    Stockley was shit as was Kirk not fucking interested sell stockley if we can and Kirk thay are shit
    Just a suggestion, for your mental health. Why not talk about some of the players who played well, like young Sessegnon. Only mention it as you haven't made a positive comment about a Charlton player since April 2021, and worried football might be getting to you a bit. 
    Because what we all do when we lose is look at the reasons for it. You don't have to agree with those reasons but surely it is fair enough to do so. We played decently for 75 minutes but we shouldn't be doing cartwheels when we lose.
  • Options
    We need more fire power up front. That’s the missing piece. And I know we have Rak-Sakyi but that’s not enough. We need someone like a Chuks without the injury problems. 
  • Options
    All too predictable. 
  • Options
    We need an additional 20 plus goals. That is how I think we should look at it.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    Garner saying Stockley was under the weather today but tried to play through it.
    If that's true it's just fucking stupidity. It was like playing with 10 men at times 
    But we have nobody else to play up front. We have 2 weeks now to sort this out. Sheff Wed were able to bring on Lee Gregory, a proven goalscorer. We could only bring in Miles Leaburn. Says it all.
    I promised that I wouldn't post anymore tonight. So I'll just leave my silence do the talking......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have said plenty of positives to take and I also agree that Garner was a bit too slow to change it up.

I seem to be in the minority but I thought Kirk played well. I also don't get the Stockley hate, thought he was linking play really well and although it wasn't all down to this I think him going off was part of the turning point. I do agree he won't get as many goals but I do also think he plays an important role in this setup.

My one big concern is Fraser. I had my doubts initially soon after he joined but was willing to give him time given the state of the team around him and the covid issues. For me he goes missing for too much during games and today showed again he dallies on the ball too long at times. 

I also think DJ will be fortunate to keep his place in the squad after the arrival of Sakyi, though I suspect CBT will be so knackered for Tuesday he might get a rest.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Davo55 said:
    I suggest we give McGrandles a chance. He missed part of pre season with an injury and is just starting to build up his minutes. He's a proven strong player at this level and it's just stupid to write him off so quickly.
    Is anyone writing him off or just saying he hasn't played well so far? Sure we'll see better from him. 
    Well, these were on the first two pages. If not exactly writing him off then getting pretty close to it:

"If McGrandles would start resembling a footballer, that'd be nice too" 

"Agree with this completely. Disappointed in what I have seen of McGrandles so far he looks a donkey"

"McGrandles played like he was still concussed" 
  • Options
    Their goal was nice. Identical to the cross and header Stockley had last week and went straight to the goalie. This lad buried it. 

We need to make better use of subs. 2 games in a row now that the opposition have made potent subs (3).
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Off_it said:
    We might not agree on the best way to get those additional 20 plus goals into the squad but surely we can all agree we need them if we are going to have a successful season.
    I think everyone agrees that we need more goals in the side and extra striking options. I haven't seen anyone say they're happy with what we've got.

It's just that not everyone is saying "I told you so" every bloody week.
    Who is saying that? This is a forum and if people are not allowed to discuss the issues even if they are bloody obvious what is the point?

As far as I am concerened, I expected a defeat and for 75 minutes I was pleasantly suprised. It is just an area that needs addressing is so obvious it is annoying some people that it keeps getting mentioned has likely cost us is surely worthy of discussion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    se9addick said:
    Good job Aneke only had a minor knock after Accrington........Oh wait a minute!
    Is there actually an underlying health issue with Aneke or is he just incredibly injury prone?
    Both
    I think the A&Eke nickname will stick.
  • Options
    In fairness to Garner on the use and timing of the substitutions, Wednesday had a level of quality and experience to call upon which we did not. We were flagging in midfield, with gaps opening up, but McGrandles is clearly not match fit and was unable to contribute once he replaced Fraser.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The positives make the negatives more frustrating. But yes there were positives. I mentioned them in my first post. But there was a reason why we lost and surely the biggest discussion points should be about what people think it was.
  • Options
    When people talk about ‘must win’ games I feel the next two fall into that category.

The Wednesday today game showed we certainly have the quality to compete, but now two home games in a row against opponents that have started the season strongly, will show if we are able to be ruthless and pick up points.

I don’t think anyone would have grumbled at 10 points from our first 5 games. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    We might not agree on the best way to get those additional 20 plus goals into the squad but surely we can all agree we need them if we are going to have a successful season.
    I think everyone agrees that we need more goals in the side and extra striking options. I haven't seen anyone say they're happy with what we've got.

It's just that not everyone is saying "I told you so" every bloody week.
    Who is saying that? This is a forum and if people are not allowed to discuss the issues even if they are bloody obvious what is the point?

As far as I am concerened, I expected a defeat and for 75 minutes I was pleasantly suprised. It is just an area that needs addressing is so obvious it is annoying some people that it keeps getting mentioned has likely cost us is surely worthy of discussion.
    I wasn't referring to you. I think we all know who I was referring to.