Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2022/23 - final v Haringey Borough at Hendon Tues May 2nd 7:45pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Following the win on penalties against Welling, Charlton U21 will play Barking in the quarter final.

A semi final place against Hendon waits for the winner.
  • Options
    Just an update. Wingate & Finchley won through to the final last night, so if Charlton win at Welling next Tuesday in Round 2 and then if they beat Barking in the quarter final and then if they beat Hendon in the semi final, they will play Wingate in the final on 2nd May. Still a bit of work to be done.
    Everything I’m reading online says that Haringey beat Wingate 1-0 in the semi final played on 28th March. Is that incorrect?
  • Options
    It's Haringey Borough in the final if we succeed in getting there, according to the London FA site which I guess must be the official word. It's not unknown for results to get mangled when they get uploaded to an FA site and need to be corrected later, so it's possible that's what happened. 

I see the Haringey semi-final went to extra time rather than straight to penalties as all other ties have. Not sure if that's the rules changing for the semi-final or just that the competition gives clubs the option.

https://www.londonfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2022-2023/london-senior-cup
  • Options
    Haringey definitely beat Wingate 1-0. 

Really hoping Charlton beat Barking, to set up a semi-final v Hendon. If that happens, then Tue 25th April is looking like the favourite date. 
  • Options
    Barking are a real minnow, playing in the Essex Senior Football League, that's level 9 of the football pyramid. A chance to tick off a new ground though!
  • Options
    The London FA website is saying Tuesday 18 April (7.45 kickoff) for the quarter final at Barking.
  • Options
    My apologies for the misinformation. As stated above by others, Haringey Borough are already in the final. They beat Wingate & Finchley in the semi-final.
  • Options
    The London FA website is saying Tuesday 18 April (7.45 kickoff) for the quarter final at Barking.
    A trip to Barking instead of Franchise FC the same night 👍🏻
  • Options
    The Addicks' U21s will visit Barking in the quarter-finals of the London Senior Cup on Tuesday, April 18th (7.45pm KO BST).
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21s-visit-barking-london-senior-cup
  • Options
    A bit frustrating that it clashes with a first team game. Apart from anything else, it means that Holden and Hayes won't be able to attend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure Barking play on a 3g pitch. I know they have progressed a long way in recent years, but never really been a fan of games on these.
  • Options
    Barking do play on a 3g pitch.
  • Options
    For those not travelling to Milton Keynes on Tuesday, don't forget that our London Senior Cup tie against Barking takes place the same night. Kick off is 7.45.
  • Options
    For those not travelling to Milton Keynes on Tuesday, don't forget that our London Senior Cup tie against Barking takes place the same night. Kick off is 7.45.
    Our one remaining hope of silverware this season.
  • Options
    Do we no longer play in the Kent Cup?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Do we no longer play in the Kent Cup?
    We're eligible to enter both, but we've always only ever entered one. We swapped quite recently, I think last year may have been the first time we entered London rather than Kent.
  • Options
    The London FA site says the semi-final will be on Tuesday 25th, the winner of our quarter final at home to Hendon. I assume there have been discussions about making sure there's a ground available. Just to add an element of confusion, the final is at Hendon; that's on Tuesday 2 May. All remaining games kick off at 7.45.
  • Options
    Its a shame they are on the same night as I would have liked to see some more of the U23's playing for the first team following the Ipswich Debacle
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Its a shame they are on the same night as I would have liked to see some more of the U23's playing for the first team following the Ipswich Debacle
    I am with you on that one. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure Barking play on a 3g pitch. I know they have progressed a long way in recent years, but never really been a fan of games on these.
    They do, there are loads of non-league clubs with 3g nowadays.
    As long as they can afford/get funding to lay it there is lots of money to be made for them, allowing multiple days of the week for others to use.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as they can afford/get funding to lay it there is lots of money to be made for them, allowing multiple days of the week for others to use.
    It makes sense at that level. So much cheaper to maintain, and it enables multiple several teams to play on the same pitch. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    If Charlton get through, I'd like to think they would swap to play away at Hendon (there may even be a rule that says league clubs should play away to non-league clubs?)

The semi-final will be the culmination of the following mad set of Hendon fixtures;

Thurs 13 April - away to Hanwell
    Sat 15 April - away to Dorchester
    Tue 18 April - away to Weston Super-Mare
    Thurs 20 April - away to Gosport
    Sat 22 April - home to Poole
    Tue 25 April - hopefully v Charlton

Being in the Southern League is killing us (Hendon). 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    If Charlton get through, I'd like to think they would swap to play away at Hendon (there may even be a rule that says league clubs should play away to non-league clubs?)

The semi-final will be the culmination of the following mad set of Hendon fixtures;

Is there any chance Hendon move back to the Isthmian? Seemed a very weird decision to move them and Met Police to the Southern League. 
  • Options
    It makes sense at that level. So much cheaper to maintain, and it enables multiple several teams to play on the same pitch. 
    Chaos though
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Maybe quite a few of the U23s will play at MK Dons. Can always send a couple of so-called 1st teamers to Barking and play some even younger lads too.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Swisdom said:
    Maybe quite a few of the U23s will play at MK Dons. Can always send a couple of so-called 1st teamers to Barking and play some even younger lads too.
    Dont want to make it too easy for Barking
  • Options
    The London FA site says the semi-final will be on Tuesday 25th, the winner of our quarter final at home to Hendon. I assume there have been discussions about making sure there's a ground available. Just to add an element of confusion, the final is at Hendon; that's on Tuesday 2 May. All remaining games kick off at 7.45.
    we have an u21 game at the Valley on the 24th against Birmingham.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

@Simonsen

All our games will be away by choice