Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2022/23 - final v Haringey Borough at Hendon Tues May 2nd 7:45pm (p5)

Comments

• Options

Fantastic to see us win any trophy, well done lads.
  • Options
    Was a great match(can say that as we won)

Fantastic to go 3-0 up, as soon as they pulled it back to 3-2 I said to my mate with ne it was gonna be 3-3, but in truth they should have won it at the end with the long range shot.

Glad we got over the line in extra time.

Was a nice ground and all in all a great evening(even stood next to Zachs parents for the trophy presentation, didn't realise until he came up to them afterwards 🤣)

NOOOO! We stood next to Zach's Mum & Grandad too ! How funny ! 

Very good game & well worth the 2.5 hours to drive there and then back due to road closures....

Sat with our Clive, had 2 wines, hug & peck on the cheek from Glyn Shimell & the gaffer at halftime ...what's not to like ? 
  • Options
    Well done to the U21s. Need to keep as many of these players as we can together.
  • Options

• Options
    Good to see a museum trustee,  and lifer, presenting the trophy.

Great win  well done lads.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We've Golfie'd their Golfie!
    Shock to the space-time continuum. The universe in danger of disappearing into itself. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Led Well, brilliant.
    Does that make him the captain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone put last night's team in shirt number order? There were quite a few players who impressed me but I didn't really know who they were! 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Can anyone put last night's team in shirt number order? There were quite a few players who impressed me but I didn't really know who they were! 
    1 Kone, 2 Asiimwe, 3 Roddy, 4 Mitchell, 5 O'Connor, 6 Bakrin, 7 Santos, 8 Anderson, 9 Gavin, 10 Adegun, 11 Kanu. Subs 12 Ladapu, 14 Kedwell, 15 Rylah.
  • Options
    Excellent....thanks KJL
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    1 Kone, 2 Asiimwe, 3 Roddy, 4 Mitchell, 5 O'Connor, 6 Bakrin, 7 Santos, 8 Anderson, 9 Gavin, 10 Adegun, 11 Kanu. Subs 12 Ladapu, 14 Kedwell, 15 Rylah.
    What was the formation, 3-5-2?
  • Options
    Please tell me poor old Roddy didn't give away both free kicks and both penalties, lol
  • Options
    Who was the lad that did the fantastic right-wing run to set up the corner for Mitchell's goal in ET? 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Please tell me poor old Roddy didn't give away both free kicks and both penalties, lol
    Sorry to disappoint you but Roddy was one of our best players. He played well throughout and made one of our goals with a superb cross.
    Agreed. He looked really good coming forward and got the ball in with a bit of curve. Looked like he could cut it at National South level for starters. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sorry to disappoint you but Roddy was one of our best players. He played well throughout and made one of our goals with a superb cross.
    Not disappointing at all! Glad to hear
  • Options
    Surprised that Casey isnt involved either tonight, or earlier for the U21s... Injured?
    Was told by the guy writing out the official team sheet in the bar before the game that he was unwell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    He came back after a long term injury and has played well for the under 21s.

Kedwell could well have been sent off for charging into a Haringey player. Only got a yellow.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    He came back after a long term injury and has played well for the under 21s.

Kedwell could well have been sent off for charging into a Haringey player. Only got a yellow.
    It's a bit strange to think that Kedwell's Dad was still playing semi-pro last season and was doing so even before Harvey was born 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Kedwell led well.
    Isn’t his dad still player manager at Cray Wanderers?
  • Options
    It was pointed out to me that the Haringey fans are encouraged not to swear, and only gave positive support to their team, well done.
  • Options
    Delighted for our boy Gavin 💚
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Leuth said:
    Not having the shirt numbers - it would be helpful for people attending if the team posted on Twitter included shirt numbers - meant I only worked out some of those who were playing through comments from others around me! I thought "no 3", i.e. Roddy was steady, as was Asiimwe on the other side.

Mitchell obviously stood out, Kanu and Gavin were dangerous and clinical, Santos looked classy if lacking a bit physically, Rylah had rocket boots when he came on! He flew past us on the touchline  :D
  • Options
    Mitchell looked a class above the rest. For a central defender, he just seems to pop up with the ball at his feet all over the pitch! 

Agreed about Rylah when he came on. Roasted three of their defenders in one run during Extra Time. 
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game last night, but from his trajectory from the U16s-U21s I wouldn't be surprised if Rylah isn't looked at in pre season. Pace and tricks, but more importantly a great cross on him.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Mitchell looked a class above the rest. For a central defender, he just seems to pop up with the ball at his feet all over the pitch! 

Agreed about Rylah when he came on. Roasted three of their defenders in one run during Extra Time. 
    Mitchell has played some games in midfield for the under 21s. Great passing.