Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2022/23 - final v Haringey Borough at Hendon Tues May 2nd 7:45pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
    A pity it is not on Charlton TV. ☹️
  • Options
    So shall we ! 

Phew!
    Are you getting an early flight for this one Elfie?
  • Options
    It's occurred to me that us playing our U21s in these competitions is a bit similar to the inclusion of PL and Championship U21 teams in the EFL Pizza Trophy. I wonder how the non league players view our kids?
    I think overall most people are aware that if the County FAs insisted on us entering the first team we'd just not enter and pay whatever fine they imposed on us. Certainly the non-league clubs in Wiltshire seem to be pretty pleased if they get Swindon's under-21s in the equivalent competition.
  • Options
    Same down here in Sussex with Brighton even if it's essentially their U18s. Although them not reaching the final this year has probably made a few people at the County FA wince given the final is at the AMEX. 
  • Options
    Advance tickets are sold out but there are plenty available on the gate. Nobody will be turned away.
  • Options
    Is not the Elizabeth Line to Farringdon, then Farringdon to Hendon easier? Map shows Hendon Station very close or am I missing something ?
    Alternative route is Elizabeth line to Bond Street & Jubilee Line to Kingsbury, walk or 183 bus from there.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    It's occurred to me that us playing our U21s in these competitions is a bit similar to the inclusion of PL and Championship U21 teams in the EFL Pizza Trophy. I wonder how the non league players view our kids?
    I think overall most people are aware that if the County FAs insisted on us entering the first team we'd just not enter and pay whatever fine they imposed on us. Certainly the non-league clubs in Wiltshire seem to be pretty pleased if they get Swindon's under-21s in the equivalent competition.
    Surely there's no rule that professional EFL or PL clubs have to enter these competitions though? After all we can't make our mind up if we're a London club or a Kent one!
  • Options
    Surely there's no rule that professional EFL or PL clubs have to enter these competitions though? After all we can't make our mind up if we're a London club or a Kent one!
    Charlton should enter both competitions and not because it has to. We are a London club so it should be a given we challenge for that but we should also be supporting the Kent competition given historical ties, there is only one other EFL club in the county and a big chunk of our support is based there.
  • Options
    Rules vary between counties. For most of them, it's compulsory to enter but the punishment for not entering is a fine that's much less than the cost of postponing a league match top make way for a county cup game. For London and Kent there's also the question of what to do about clubs which are members of both; I think there's some arrangement that if you enter one it doesn't matter if you enter the other. But I'm not an expert on that so may be wrong on the details. Certainly we've always entered one or the other while Welling tend to enter both. 

This year the FA sent a directive to the counties that fixtures have to be midweek, to avoid clubs losing a Saturday league fixture if drawn away to a club with no lights. That's more to do with county competitions for smaller clubs, I don't think either London or Kent let clubs without lights into their main county cups.
  • Options
    Rules vary between counties. For most of them, it's compulsory to enter but the punishment for not entering is a fine that's much less than the cost of postponing a league match top make way for a county cup game. For London and Kent there's also the question of what to do about clubs which are members of both; I think there's some arrangement that if you enter one it doesn't matter if you enter the other. But I'm not an expert on that so may be wrong on the details. Certainly we've always entered one or the other while Welling tend to enter both. 

This year the FA sent a directive to the counties that fixtures have to be midweek, to avoid clubs losing a Saturday league fixture if drawn away to a club with no lights. That's more to do with county competitions for smaller clubs, I don't think either London or Kent let clubs without lights into their main county cups.
    London is Charlton's parent county. They make a secondary affiliation to Kent. There is no obligation to play in any county cups but London must grant permission for them to enter any other competitions. If the club wanted to participate in both London and Kent cups, there would be no objection to them doing so. See you all this evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So shall we ! 

Phew!
    Are you getting an early flight for this one Elfie?
    No mate, worried when I saw Auntie F struggling on tickets.
  • Options
    Is not the Elizabeth Line to Farringdon, then Farringdon to Hendon easier? Map shows Hendon Station very close or am I missing something ?
    You can walk from Hendon station to the ground, but you'll end up going down a narrow, poorly-lit road near the reservoir and either cutting through a field or walking the long way round through endless houses, so it'll be a bit crap for getting back. But you can get a 183 bus (the same bus that goes from Kingsbury) to Townsend Lane, then walk down the hill down the side of the temple - the car park and the ground will appear on your left.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    A pity it is not on Charlton TV. ☹️
    Surprised they couldn't of provided a stream for this. They probably film it anyway for training purposes. 
  • Options
    Severe delays on the Elizabeth line.
  • Options
    Lots of Haringey here. If Charlton win, we'll never get out alive  :D
  • Options
    Surprised that Casey isnt involved either tonight, or earlier for the U21s... Injured?
  • Options
    Whenever I've seen the u21s play - which to be honest is not that much - I've always been hugely impressed by Anderson and Adigun in midfield .

For those who know more than me, how
     close are these 2 to getting a chance in the first team?
  • Options
    Kanuuuuuu
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kanu makes it 3. We've been really clinical up front, as the game is actually more even
  • Options
    3-1 just before HT 
  • Options
    3-2, Haringey free kick. They are the stronger team this second half.
  • Options
    3-2. Haringey score from a free kick
  • Options
    3-2, Haringey free kick. They are the stronger team this second half.
    An action replay of their first.

Haringey completely on top now
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Lovely set pieces to be fair. First one in particular up over the wall and almost bounced before it crossed the line.
  • Options
    Haringey miss a penalty, some argy-bargy on the bench. 
  • Options
    Haringey miss a penalty then it kicks off on the touchline 
  • Options
    3-3 Haringey score a penalty this time.