Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2022/23 - final v Haringey Borough at Hendon Tues May 2nd 7:45pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Simonsen said:
    If Charlton get through, I'd like to think they would swap to play away at Hendon (there may even be a rule that says league clubs should play away to non-league clubs?)

The semi-final will be the culmination of the following mad set of Hendon fixtures;

Thurs 13 April - away to Hanwell
    Sat 15 April - away to Dorchester
    Tue 18 April - away to Weston Super-Mare
    Thurs 20 April - away to Gosport
    Sat 22 April - home to Poole
    Tue 25 April - hopefully v Charlton

Being in the Southern League is killing us (Hendon). 

Is there any chance Hendon move back to the Isthmian? Seemed a very weird decision to move them and Met Police to the Southern League. 
    There is a chance but as ever, we need lots of southern clubs coming into the league, to push us out. Us and Harrow Borough have suffered tremendously by being in the Southern Premier. Abortive trips (non-refundable) to Gosport, Yate and Weston haven't helped! 
  • Options

The u23s lead at Barking, 1-0 Euan Williams I'm told

⏱25' ⚪️ #mkdons 0-0 #cafc 🔵

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) April 18, 2023
  • Options
    Keep it up Charlton.....I don't want to go to Barking next Tue. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Simonsen said:
    If Charlton get through, I'd like to think they would swap to play away at Hendon (there may even be a rule that says league clubs should play away to non-league clubs?)

The semi-final will be the culmination of the following mad set of Hendon fixtures;

@Simonsen

All our games will be away by choice
    The club report from last night suggests that  we will host Hendon in the SF. Details of date. & tickets to be announced. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Simonsen said:

@Simonsen

All our games will be away by choice
    The club report from last night suggests that  we will host Hendon in the SF. Details of date. & tickets to be announced. 
    So it does.

The Chair of the London FA Cup committee is also a trustee of the museum and his understanding is Charlton asked to play all their games away.  It's not financially viable to play games at home although maybe this will be an exception. 
  • Options
    Weds 26th @ Dartford. 

I'll give that a swerve now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Weds 26th @ Dartford. 

Don't blame you, these games give away fans opportunities for a new ground.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Weds 26th @ Dartford. 

Don't blame you, these games give away fans opportunities for a new ground.
    Yeah, shame because Charlton and their fans would've been made very welcome at Silver Jubilee Park. Plus Dartford is a big trek for me...especially for an LSC game. 
  • Options
    A big underwhelming that it's being played at Dartford.

A game at Hendon would have been very convenient for me (I've only been there once) and more of a challenge for our kids. I can't imagine the Hendon players will be that excited at playing at Princes Park either, even if it's a significant cut above the usual grounds they play at.
  • Options
    Lots to love about playing at Dartford and such a friendly Club.
    I will be trying to make it.
  • Options
    Well then let's win the game at Dartford, then we'll get to go to Hendon for the final instead.
  • Options
    I can't make next week - I'd go if I could - but it's a shame it's not being played at Hendon - Silver Jubilee Park's a great little ground and Hendon are a really decent club.

Hopefully the youngsters will do the business at Dartford instead. 
  • Options
    At Dartford tonight....7pm and only £3 to get in.

I may have a change of heart and make the schlep. 
  • Options
    The preview is misleading.

The game is not all ticket. It is pay on the gate.
  • Options
    This will very much be a patched up Hendon team tonight in what will be our 10th game in April. 

We're not the best at the back, so expect Charlton to have lots of chances! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    2-1 Hendon at HT. Niko Muir (ex Hartlepool) with the 2nd 
  • Options
    Mitchell playing is interesting
  • Options