Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2022/23 - final v Haringey Borough at Hendon Tues May 2nd 7:45pm (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Final Tuesday 2 May. At Hendon, with a certain amount of irony.
  • Options
    That was good come back from the U21 team.
    Hendon got back into the game by moving to a very high line and the press worked.
    The difference in the second half was our pace and the quick breaks from
    Broken play. The high press then went against Hendon.
  • Options
    I watched a Haringey match a few weeks ago. If the U21 boss wants a few tips, he can contact me through this website  ;)
  • Options
    was bloody cold !
  • Options
    Charlton deserved to win. There was some very good passing out from the back and the wide players looked very positive. Good attitude too.

Hendon had nothing left in the tank and the last four weeks have been gruelling. You could almost feel a sigh of relief from the players at the final whistle. 

Dean Holden was in attendance. 
  • Options
    Charlton's U21s will take on Haringey Borough in the 2023 London Senior Cup final at Hendon's Silver Jubilee Park on Tuesday, May 2nd (KO 7.45pm).
    Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions and can be purchased in advance - click here to get yours!
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/date-and-time-set-u21s-london-senior-cup-final
  • Options
    Great to see a successful Charlton side, at whatever level.
    Hopefully a lot of the lads will move into the first team next season.
  • Options
    Thinking of going to this. Any idea what sort of attendance could be expected? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I'll have a stab at 700.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    300+ 

Tidy stadium on a 4G surface 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    300-400 I reckon but would be great to get double.

The most we've ever had at Silver Jubilee Park is 947 v an Arsenal XI 
  • Options
    Silver Jubilee Park's a great little ground - a bit fiddly to reach (and if you come on Thameslink, the pub next door to Hendon rail station has closed, boo) but worth the trip. 

I would be keep your wits about you, though, approaching the ground - one of the Dulwich club committee was mugged while walking to the ground for the LSC match there last season. 

If you get there early, there's an amazing Hindu temple overlooking the ground - they're very welcoming to visitors if you want to look around. https://www.swaminarayangadi.com/london/

• Options
    Silver Jubilee Park's a great little ground - a bit fiddly to reach (and if you come on Thameslink, the pub next door to Hendon rail station has closed, boo) but worth the trip. 

I would be keep your wits about you, though, approaching the ground - one of the Dulwich club committee was mugged while walking to the ground for the LSC match there last season. 

If you get there early, there's an amazing Hindu temple overlooking the ground - they're very welcoming to visitors if you want to look around. https://www.swaminarayangadi.com/london/

The 83 bus passes very near the ground. You can catch it from Golders Green and Hendon Central tube stations, and the Hendon NR station
  • Options
    The Hendon site shows Kingsbury on the jubilee line as the nearest station. A 15-20 minute walk to the ground.

The 183 bus passes the station.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a trek from Kingsbury Station but doable. Turn right out of the station, walk as far as the massive temple, turn right down the hill. at the bottom of the hill, turn left into the drive and up the slope to the car park. 
  • Options
    Looking at the link to purchase tickets online & only seems to be letting me buy 1 ticket..

Anyone having or had a problem, please ? 
  • Options
    Looking at the link to purchase tickets online & only seems to be letting me buy 1 ticket..

It seems that regular tickets have gone off sale completely, so one is one more than I can buy!
  • Options
    Is not the Elizabeth Line to Farringdon, then Farringdon to Hendon easier? Map shows Hendon Station very close or am I missing something ?
  • Options
    edited May 2023

You bought the last one Auntie F :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    I reckon I'm the only person posting who is a season ticket holder at both Charlton and The Borough. Sadly I doubt I'll make it tomorrow but talking to a couple of people at Haringey before the Hendon game they wanted Charlton rather than Hendon cause of home advantage playing a part!
  • Options
    Anyone taking a risk and buying on the gate tomorrow. Just need 1 x OAP.

I can't get there without Mr F driving ! 
  • Options
    There are tickets on the gate tomorrow
  • Options
    I’ll be there. 
  • Options
    So shall we ! 
  • Options
    So shall we ! 

Phew!
  • Options
    Anyone taking a risk and buying on the gate tomorrow. Just need 1 x OAP.

I can't get there without Mr F driving ! 
    Pay on the gate....it won't be a problem. 
  • Options
    It's occurred to me that us playing our U21s in these competitions is a bit similar to the inclusion of PL and Championship U21 teams in the EFL Pizza Trophy. I wonder how the non league players view our kids?
  • Options

More information about 2022/23 London Senior Cup Final tickets

2022/23 London Senior Cup Final - 745pm ko

NO SPECTATOR ENTRY UNTIL 6pm

Charlton Athletic FC or Hendon FC v Haringey Borough FC

When online tickets are sold out, tickets will be available on the gate, prices below:

Adults/General Admission - £12

Students/OAP/U18s - £5

Venue Details:

Hendon FC, Silver Jubilee Park, Townsend Lane, Kingsbury, NW9 7NE

https://www.seetickets.com/event/2022-23-london-senior-cup-final/hendon-fc-silver-jubilee-park/2645652

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-double-header-tuesday