Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD | Wycombe Wanderers V Charlton Athletic..Saturday 27th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    They were very average but last 30 minutes, a bit like Sheff Wednesday, We looked tired. Are our fitness coaches worse than Wycombes and Wednesday?
    Exhausted from Tuesday, what will happen Wednesday?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    ross1 said:
    They were very average but last 30 minutes, a bit like Sheff Wednesday, We looked tired. Are our fitness coaches worse than Wycombes and Wednesday?

11 new players would be my guess. Maybe 10 if we think McG's price will go down if he's Pizza Cup tied. 
  • Options
    Worried the average/poor performances are becoming a bit of a trend now with the last two games. 

Glad we aren't losing but we don't look like a team that will competing at the top. 

The reliance on players that finished midtable last season will come to bite us this season. The likes of Morgan, Inniss, Stockley as a spine aren't good enough. 
    I'm pleased for you, that you could complain about Morgan again this season, who was poor today.

His solid performances this term (making him one of our better players) must be hard for a lot of our fans to cope with.
    He's major flaw is lack of consistency. 

We can't rely on him over a season, games like today are evident of that. I would have thought people would have learned after the previous 3 seasons of Morgan looking good when brought in and then trailing off over a run of games. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ross1 said:

11 new players would be my guess. Maybe 10 if we think McG's price will go down if he's Pizza Cup tied. 
    We'll be fined if we make so many changes, with Sandgaard cost cutting I cant see that happening.

Dont forget something like 5 of the players used, need to have been involved already this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Worried the average/poor performances are becoming a bit of a trend now with the last two games. 

Glad we aren't losing but we don't look like a team that will competing at the top. 

The reliance on players that finished midtable last season will come to bite us this season. The likes of Morgan, Inniss, Stockley as a spine aren't good enough. 
    I'm pleased for you, that you could complain about Morgan again this season, who was poor today.

His solid performances this term (making him one of our better players) must be hard for a lot of our fans to cope with.

We can't rely on him over a season, games like today are evident of that. I would have thought people would have learned after the previous 3 seasons of Morgan looking good when brought in and then trailing off over a run of games. 
    I certainly agree with his lack of consistency - But in that case you need to come back in a couple of games or two.

Lack of consistency / or a run of games. isn't just one performance.
  • Options
    Curbishley talks so much sense.  

If Sandgaard had the foresight get him in the fold rather than wasting his spot on acumen on Charlton TV it would likely pay huge dividends. 

Has forgotten more about Charlton and football than anyone currently involved in the club has or likely ever will.
    What's he saying?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

If Sandgaard had the foresight get him in the fold rather than wasting his spot on acumen on Charlton TV it would likely pay huge dividends. 

Has forgotten more about Charlton and football than anyone currently involved in the club has or likely ever will.
    What's he saying?
    Striker?  Perchance
  • Options

A poor game from Morgan today is still night and difference in terms of quality and impact compared to even 4-5 months ago. 

Stockley and Inniss are good players at this level. I just don't know that either fit the system. I was surprised when we picked up Inniss' contract given his injury record, but with Garner coming in and changing the style (something it seems TS has wanted to do for a while), it feels particularly odd. Maybe we felt recruiting three first team CBs in one summer was too tall of a task, a calculation that may not be wrong. But between Inniss and Lavelle, neither particularly well suited to possession style, and neither particularly mobile. Hopefully we bring in a CB that can be first choice alongside O'Connell. 
  • Options

I certainly agree with his lack of consistency - But in that case you need to come back in a couple of games or two.

I thought he has been a step below in both the Cambridge and Wallsall games as well. Certainly not the performances he put on in the first couple of games. 

You notice I didn't comment on it because I've been waiting for a run of games. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Croydon said:

What's he saying?

Lack of squad depth.  Too much reliance on injury prone players in key squad roles e.g. Chuks and Inniss.

2 shots on target and reverting to lumping it up to Stockley not going to be successful.

Amongst other stuff. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought he has been a step below in both the Cambridge and Wallsall games as well. Certainly not the performances he put on in the first couple of games. 

You notice I didn't comment on it because I've been waiting for a run of games. 
    I wasn't at the Walsall game so cant really comment on that one.

This is only the second game where he's not played the entire 90mins, so we'll have to wait and see if Garner agrees - Like you've mentioned in the past, a lot of Managers do end up giving up on him.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

What's he saying?

Lack of squad depth.  Too much reliance on injury prone players in key squad roles e.g. Chuks and Aneke.

2 shots on target and reverting to lumping it up to Stockley not going to be successful.

Amongst other stuff. 
    I don’t mean to be combative, but that’s literally what people on this forum have been saying over and over, and over again.
    Christ I hope your not listening now, it's the why haven't we replaced Washington debate. 
  • Options
    Got to be happy with a point away against most sides in this league. We haven’t exactly blown teams away so far but we do look difficult to beat, even when we don’t play well,  which is definitely a plus. Happy with the start and our season depends on the rest of the transfers window in my opinion as we are almost there.
  • Options
    PWR. Happy overall with the point. Didn't deserve to win, but didn't deserve to lose. Referee was total dogshit- Kettle 2.0

• Options
    Croydon said:

What's he saying?

Lack of squad depth.  Too much reliance on injury prone players in key squad roles e.g. Chuks and Aneke.

Amongst other stuff. 
    I don’t mean to be combative, but that’s literally what people on this forum have been saying over and over, and over again.
    Agree...been saying the same myself.  

Hearing someone who really knows their onions like Curbs repeating it makes me wonder why it's not grasped by those who are responsible for building the squad.

Now talking bang on sense about the massive Washington shaped hole in the squad whilst Conor is a key starter for a team 5th in the Championship.
    Fifth with a game in hand and top if they win it