Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Options
    I think we would have given a better account of ourselves with our first choice left back involved and the option of Chuks on the bench. Neither were available but I still think Bolton will be a tough place to visit for most teams in this division. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    Browny and Curbs are laying in!
    They were not this critical of us under Adkins. 
  • Options
    best team won
    I criticise Stockley but also feel sorry for him as he is just not suited to the system
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton needs some extra internet
  • Options
    Garner being very honest in the post match. "Shows where we are as a club". Said Bolton have far more depth in their squad.
  • Options
    Plymouth looking like a one off 
    Not really, we would probably beat 10 men most of the time.
  • Options
    Stockley goes backwards does he Curbs…

• Options
    “Boltons go forwards…”
  • Options
    well listening to Curbs and Brown.
    highly critical of the defenders and keeper. also critical of the midfield for leaving Stockley isolated and resorting to high balls to him and very few ball into the feet, they pointed out he was out performed by their center back and could not win any headers. This points to the fact teams no how we will play and the players to target and thus stop our play. 
    We had no one on the bench who could make a change in the game as they had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Didn't watch this, but hard to square with fluent displays in the cups.

Could it be that certain players who don't mess it up for us in the cup sides are doing so in the League? Naming no names of course. But like...play Payne? 

Payne can only be subbed on for Fraser and he had decent game.

Payne and DJ were roaming wide forwards vs Gillingham and they were very hard to mark, instrumental in our play. Sounds like JRS can be equally slippery. Can Kirk? 
  • Options
    We need goals, Stockley scores goals in this league but the current formation isn't suiting him. Need to fix that otherwise its going to be a long season 
  • Options
    Everything is going backwards. Today's performance was truly awful.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    I wonder how long TS will tolerate paying Curbs and Brownie to  lay in to the team and the way the club is managed. And put up with Garner saying the squad is too weak.
    I thought about the same thing 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    Browny and Curbs are laying in!
    They were this critical of us under Adkins. 
    Yes, they have been right both times.