Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Back to being mediocre
  • Options
    The gaping flaws in this squad now laid bare...promotion?
  • Options
    That sucked. Our worst performance of the season, after going 1-0 up as well. We looked lightweight in midfield. Clayden was massively exposed. Lavelle with a couple of 1-v-1 blocks but not a lot else--i worry about his positioning and lack of mobility. Kirk not taking the game to them enough. Clare had an off day. And Stockley. 

Egbo must be getting close, right? Hopefully CBT will be available from the start next week. It's probably worth giving Leaburn a start at center forward at some point, but I don't think that he's the answer at this stage. His touch is so unpredictable and he's still learning his position. 

Always worth noting, we've played some very good teams to this point. Sheff Wed, Bolton, Accy, and Wycombe away are all out of the way now. We've beaten the 3rd and 9th place sides, drawn with 5th, lost to 4th and 8th, both away. It's not a terrible start. Not where we want to be, but there is still a lot of time and easier matches to make up ground.
  • Options
    Go figure..
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    Browny and Curbs are laying in!
    They were this critical of us under Adkins. 
    Yes, they have been right both times.
    Sorry I meant they were not this critical. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    My optimistic take on the transfer window has been torn to shreds today.
    Sorry folks  :-(
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a long hard winter methinks. The last week has been a deflation to say the least. Onwards and…..well fuck knows. 
  • Options
    Curbs writing off our chances this season without Inniss or Aneke
  • Options
    Curbs showing at the end there he still cares
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Plymouth looking like a one off 
    Not really, we would probably beat 10 men most of the time.
    History tells us that isn’t true, unfortunately 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Outplayed and outwitted by a well drilled Bolton team. We aren’t playing badly and should have scored a couple ourselves. Need maximum points from the two home games otherwise we ain’t going anywhere. 
  • Options
    Scoring few goals....where is promotion coming from..dress this current stuff up any way you like...this is way off promotion firm.....time to get real.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    Browny and Curbs are laying in!
    What did they say @Weegie Addick as not watched it today?
  • Options
    Until ‘No Dough Strummer’ puts his hand in his pocket nothing will improve, he had the chance and did nothing during the window.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    God JFC's old man in the studio on Tuesday.  Are they trying to get taken off the air? 
    Are we playing on Tuesday?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I’m still holding back judging them until 10 games in and I take on board we’ve played the ‘better’ teams in the division, and that that’s only our second defeat, but I can’t help but thinking there had been a general misjudgment of optimism based on the first few games of the season, plus forgetting how big the gulf was in terms of where we finished last year and building a squad successful to get promoted this season, and that includes what people may categorize as our decent players.  

We were woeful last season overall, I don’t see how you can say anything else, even though we had a couple of decent results here and there.  We pretty poor for most of the season before, masked by the 7th place finish.  Taking all that into consideration, a couple of free transfers from Leagues One and Two and a couple of loans is monumental and misplaced optimism.

Last good season was 18/19.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    God JFC's old man in the studio on Tuesday.  Are they trying to get taken off the air? 
    Are we playing on Tuesday?
    Who still cares?
  • Options
    Promotion...nothing doing on this form with this current squad..
  • Options
    First time I've watched us properly.

I keep hearing about a new playing philosophy, pedalled by Sandgaard and co. Imagine how disappointed I was ten minutes in when I saw it was pretty much the same as the last philosophy.
    Quite where Sandgaard goes with this when it inevitably goes tits up is anyone's guess??
    ...makes two of us..
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Outplayed and outwitted by a well drilled Bolton team. We aren’t playing badly and should have scored a couple ourselves. Need maximum points from the two home games otherwise we ain’t going anywhere. 
    That's it though ain"t it?   Can anyone who has any knowledge of supporting this football club over many seasons expect us not to bollocks that up?

Tiring and oh so predictable and that's just me!  Tired of Charlton.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    That sucked. Our worst performance of the season, after going 1-0 up as well. We looked lightweight in midfield. Clayden was massively exposed. Lavelle with a couple of 1-v-1 blocks but not a lot else--i worry about his positioning and lack of mobility. Kirk not taking the game to them enough. Clare had an off day. And Stockley. 

Egbo must be getting close, right? Hopefully CBT will be available from the start next week. It's probably worth giving Leaburn a start at center forward at some point, but I don't think that he's the answer at this stage. His touch is so unpredictable and he's still learning his position. 

Always worth noting, we've played some very good teams to this point. Sheff Wed, Bolton, Accy, and Wycombe away are all out of the way now. We've beaten the 3rd and 9th place sides, drawn with 5th, lost to 4th and 8th, both away. It's not a terrible start. Not where we want to be, but there is still a lot of time and easier matches to make up ground.
    I like your optimism SDAddick, however I feel we are going to have to play a lot better to get a result against any team.
    Starting Kirk and Stockley is like playing with nine men.  Stockley should be fined a weeks wages every time he falls over without anyone touching him.  Why the first sub on 73 minutes, were we playing that well no changes were needed.