Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Options
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    Browny and Curbs are laying in!
    What did they say @Weegie Addick as not watched it today?
    That we are too lightweight up front, not playing to Stockley’s strengths, he was outmuscled by their centre half, defending woeful - poor marking, poor positioning, Clayden exposed, squad too weak without Innes and Aneke etc etc
  • Options
    Does the team lack characters? They're certainly not scary. Lots of neat players, but only Dobson seems to have any grit.
  • Options
    12th in league one and I suspect that is about the right position for Charlton now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    God JFC's old man in the studio on Tuesday.  Are they trying to get taken off the air? 
    Are we playing on Tuesday?
    Sorry for some reason I thought it was Tuesday Saturday but its Saturday Tuesday.

He is in the studio for the next game either way. 
  • Options
    No proper left back, no striker suited to the way we try and play. Morgan still not good enough, not enough defenders in the squad. Not really trusted TS since he came in, wants everything to be about him and when he walked round the pitch at Wycombe that was what tipped me over the edge into not liking him. Like under Roland we have been left with a decent first 11 but no squad which will ultimely cost us yet again.

Only thing I will say about todays game their first goal was a blatent handball and should never have stood.  
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I keep seeing comments taking a dig at Lifers who are optimistic or have yet to be convinced that we're going nowhere under the current owner, but I'd ask you to consider that they're fellow supporter's and, just because they haven't yet reached THEIR threshold of evidence to come out and openly condemn the owner, it doesn't mean they never will, it doesn't mean they believe in everything he does, it doesn't mean they think he's done nothing wrong and they only want the best for the Club too.
    Well said.
  • Options
    Brownie was very good on the defenders constantly not getting tight enough, and not blocking shots, contrasting with the likes of Santos who was top of Stockley all game. 

Thinking about it, the one defender we had who liked to get tight to attackers and do the ugly stuff was Jason Pearce. Nothing I've seen about Lavelle suggests he's anything more than an average L1 defender who's reached his ceiling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was a bit harsh singing you’re nothing special we lose every week after our 2nd loss of the season but we move.
  • Options
    12th in league one and I suspect that is about the right position for Charlton now.
    ....and yep..wherefrom promotion?..
  • Options
    Before the season, the Not the Top 20 boys forecast us to finish in 12th place, effectively bottom of the 12 clubs expecting promotion
  • Options
    Sadly I predicted we'd lose 3 or 4-1. We just don't have enough to beat teams like Bolton. We'll get turned over by both Exeter and Barnsley coming up.

We don't play to Stockley strengths and he's not good enough as a lone striker. 

I fear where we'll be come Christmas, god help us if we get a few more injuries.
  • Options
    Garmerball...going where??
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    ....and yep..wherefrom promotion?..
    eh?
  • Options
    There’s gonna be a lot of overreactions after today’s performance, especially because of deadline day disappointment. But that’s only our second loss in 10 under Garner (all comps), and on the most part we’ve played good opposition. The season isn’t over by any stretch.
    What did they say @Weegie Addick as not watched it today?
    That we are too lightweight up front, not playing to Stockley’s strengths, he was outmuscled by their centre half, defending woeful - poor marking, poor positioning, Clayden exposed, squad too weak without Innes and Aneke etc etc
    Thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exeter will be a tough match, especially as we're now under a bit of pressure to get 3 points. 
  • Options
    Exeter will be a tough match, especially as we're now under a bit of pressure to get 3 points. 
    They are 7th
  • Options
    Are they criticising todays performance, the half arsed transfer window, BG or everything ?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Smithy said:
    Jokes aside though, our mid table squad that had a few freebies and loans added to it has looked like just that for the last 3 games. Today made it look like we’re a lot more than just a striker short. I really didn’t think Bolton were that good and they bullied us. 
    I fear that it's going to be the case that we'll do quite well against teams like Plymouth that are open and let us play, but we're going to struggle against teams that get in our faces.
    Twas ever thus.
    Southern softies.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    I wonder how long TS will tolerate paying Curbs and Brownie to  lay in to the team and the way the club is managed. And put up with Garner saying the squad is too weak.
    Made a rod for his own back there. First time I’ve watched the stream this season, but they were excellent. Didn’t cross a line either.

I am neither surprised nor worried that we lost to Bolton, although the performance was discouraging. We’re way too reliant on Rak-Sakyi for inspiration, albeit a fit CBT will give the opposition something else to panic about. 

If both are fit we really should be winning the next two games and that in turn will change the mood. Fail to beat Exeter and it might get ugly.
    Not many teams will take much off hight flying Exeter...

Any thoughts on the studio guest for next Saturday?