Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Options
    The biggest problem is the depth of the squad not just the quality. In an ideal world we wouldnt be asking Clayden to play out of position as a left back, we know all about Innis and his level of fitness and the same can be said with Chuks. I think that Garner has got the team playing the football that the owner and the majority of fans want but we won't be in the mix if those problems are not addressed. 
  • Options
    I'm still pissed at our transfer window. I don't much care about this result. 
  • Options
    Garner did say in his post window interview that it would take another one or two windows to get to where he sees us being a unit capable of achieving a top two position, and that will take care of this season if he is right.
    He comes over as a nice guy, but he does sound like he has almost given up as far as this season is concerned, could see some potential friction between him and Thomas before too long, oh to be a fly on the wall at their next meet.. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nicholas said:
    Well done Ben Garner for basically telling the owner he has fucked things up yet again. Extra like points for Garner
     I know people think I'm a happy clapper, but I smiled reading his comments.

Sandgaard has truly fucked me off with the progressively shit handling of everything. Chance after chance...

I so wanted him to be successful, how many chances can you give though? If the murmurings around the club are true, it won't be a problem too much longer. 
    ‘murmurings’ 

Pray tell ???
  • Options
    At the match. First game this season.
     Poor.
    Beaten to first and second balls too often.

I think they pressed us well which didn't allow us to play our passing game. Forced us into too many too hurried bad passes.

Feel kinda sorry for stockley he is a fish out of water. He did look frustrated. But he don't half spend a lot of time complaining for a captain. Must feel crap fans shouting for Leyburn but well......

I know it's a fad but I think a false nine would almost be better to try to start the way garner plays
    No easy answer though, as garner said we don't have the squad in depth. 
    Another day in the life of following me team.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    All I've heard is that Sandgaard is now open to selling and there is interest.
    Barclay ??
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Barclay ??
    I genuinely don't know any more.
  • Options
    Bolton needs some extra internet
    Thought it was just me thst couldn't get any connection in the ground!.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    seth plum said:
    This season is slipping away rapidly now.
    I would like to kid myself it can be made up, and I suppose there is still a chance, but blind faith is so last season, and the season before, and the season before that.
    It could be made up but I don't think it will. I said before the start of the season I could only see a mid table finish. I also said if you sign 4th Division players don't be surprised if you eventually end up there. BUT we started off looking ok & I thought that maybe with a few more signings we actually could push for top 6. As we all know those signings didn't come. Stockley can fall back & link up but won't score (many) playing in this system, Kirk looks like a frightened schoolboy most of the time, we have two fit centre backs who must be blind folded the amount of times they lose the men they're supposed to be marking & a young inexperienced winger playing at LB. Leaburn has done better than I thought he would but it's just absurd that we are relying on him coming off the bench every game to try & win us points. He should be being introduced slowly when we are in a winning position but with no other senior striker at the club we have to resort to a promising 18 year old. ( I can't include Aneke, will we ever see him again ?)
    Two years ago most of us were grateful for sandgaard "saving" the club, now we just seem to be an established Third Division club with no ambition. Premier ready my fucking arse. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Barclay ??
    Lloyd?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exeter will be a tough match, especially as we're now under a bit of pressure to get 3 points. 
    They are 7th
    And will stay there without further investment...not least a striker who scores goals..

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Barclay ??
    I genuinely don't know any more.
    So you did at some stage. Get the thumb screws out lads B)  
  • Options
    If the murmurings are true then I won't be unhappy as the football is turgid and depressing and as other lifers have said you cannot do this footy lark on the cheap and clearly he's realising this. All the hype and promises... I feel like I've been mugged off. This truly is the worse era since I stated watching in the 70's and that was dark but this is something else! 
  • Options
    About tenth is my prediction this season, but to stand any chance whatsoever ever of achieving much higher we must win the majority of home games.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nicholas said:
    Well done Ben Garner for basically telling the owner he has fucked things up yet again. Extra like points for Garner
     I know people think I'm a happy clapper, but I smiled reading his comments.

Sandgaard has truly fucked me off with the progressively shit handling of everything. Chance after chance...

I so wanted him to be successful, how many chances can you give though? If the murmurings around the club are true, it won't be a problem too much longer. 
    This. That sums me up as well. I defended Sangaard countless times on here and especially on twitter but i can't any more.
    He's trying to run the club on the cheap and it won't work. 
    Baffling why any one would back a total stranger. We knew nothing about this bloke before he turns up.

Yes applaud him into the door, that is respect. But from that point respect has to be earned. Achieve something like promotion or a ground breaking price strategy that gets people flooding back.

TS should not be abused, but to point out his many errors is acceptable. For too long too many supporters have decided to just go with blind faith in someone who knows nothing about our football club. 

If you want to idolise someone and get selfies with them go to an old players reunion. 
    Here here.