Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 1st October 2022 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    4-4-2 will not help against better teams than Oxford sadly.
  • Options
    PWR

Just 3 points away from the relegation zone but now 8 points away from the play offs and 12 points off automatic. 

It's going to be a long season and I just hope we can stay up.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Clare was suspended wasn't he? 

Not having people put Clare's absence on Garner if my understanding is right.
  • Options
    Expected a win pre match; thought we would lose at half time; happy with a point post match. 

This is shaping up ti be a very long and tedious season. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:

Garner just said he's Ill.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Need to play Saturday's team on Tuesday, at least for 60 minutes and it needs to be 4-3-3. You can play with a wide forward and one wing back. Then have Leaburn and Stockley starting.
  • Options
    Glad to see how angry Garner is with that first half, but we can't keep on coming out like that for 45 minutes. Get a leader on the pitch who is going to drive them forward. Get 2 up front, at home especially. I do have sympathy with the full backs being injured to this point, as they look good, but it's not good enough. Loving Scotty Minto putting in a dig about not playing JFC too! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fair point - doesn’t change the fact BG is at the stage of just throwing different players at it.  

I’m not digging Garner out.  He’s got what he’s got, none of it is good enough.  He can take some criticism for the choice to play Stockley in the manner he has this season up top in a 3.  He can also take criticism for this playing it out for the back, we’ve not got the quality.  Apart from that he’s constrained by lack of investment this year and working for an owner who doesn’t have a clue 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mid to lower half of third tier - at best.

TS is doing a great job.
  • Options
    Just listened to BG post match interview, have to say I thought it was a really honest summary. Said we were awful 1st half, very angry at HT, had to make changes, still not happy at end of game. Very annoyed at tackle that could've broken Egbo's leg? I only listened to the game, so not sure what he was talking about?
    As for the game, nothing to say about first half other than utter shit....second half better but hardly awe inspiring! Glad I stayed at home!

It was a late follow through stamp on his ankle / boot RM 
  • Options
    Hard to really know what to think, though there is aspects of our play I still really like to see. Even in the first half after the first shocking 30 minutes, we started to get players into good positions in big pockets of space in the middle of the park.

But then it just kinda fell apart from there.

Another change to 4-4-2 and we actually started to create chances. But then when we do start to create, we also end up looking much more open at the back. 

I still think on the whole there is something there with this team and set up which means it might all click - and I certainly did not feel like that when Bowyer/Adkins/Jackson went through their rough patches.

But ultimately it might not, and we might just be too short in a couple of areas to make that happen. If it’s going to click, it has to in this run of games.
  • Options
    Well that was abject. We look slightly worse every week. Don't really look like a team at all. 

We have one left footed player in the team and he plays on the right wing.

i will be urgently reviewing my birthday treat options for next year that's for sure. 
  • Options
    On the ref 

Charlton - Oxford 
    Fouls 
    8 - 16
    Yellows 
    3-1

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nope he's not on five League bookings yet
  • Options
    Well that was abject. We look slightly worse every week. Don't really look like a team at all. 

We have one left footed player in the team and he plays on the right wing.

i will be urgently reviewing my birthday treat options for next year that's for sure. 
    I’m pretty sure Fraser is left footed Grumpy but can’t disagree with your other points 😉.
  • Options
    My only contribution, we’re average they’re average fair result.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How was today’s crossbar challenge attempt?
  • Options
    It's all comps isn't it for EFL sides?

Players will receive a one-match ban if they receive five yellow cards in domestic competitions. A player who receives ten yellow cards will get a two-match ban and a player with 15 yellow cards will get a three-match ban.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What did Scott say

• Options
    We are shite 
  • Options
    How was today’s crossbar challenge attempt?
    Close but not close enough!
  • Options
    looking looking at the top 8 teams is like looking at an unreachable goal.  Looking at the bottom 4, it’s a chasm calling our name.  There’s something seriously wrong and it starts at the top.