Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Would've been better for us if the goal had been given as then France would likely end up group runners up and in the other half of the draw (assuming we win our group of course).
    At the moment, I’d say our chances of beating either of these teams is slim at best, so I’m not sure this result matters that much!
    I don't think we'll beat Slovenia! Either of these two would smash us based on yesterday's performance and the last hour against Serbia!
  • Would've been better for us if the goal had been given as then France would likely end up group runners up and in the other half of the draw (assuming we win our group of course).
    At the moment, I’d say our chances of beating either of these teams is slim at best, so I’m not sure this result matters that much!
    Based on how our League campaign, no one gave us much hope against Derby either - Thankfully thats not how Football works.
  • This match is bobbins
  • If you thought England were struggling to break teams down… two games in and no French player has scored.
  • lol!... Was that the first 0-0 since England vs Scotland did they just say?
  • Poland out. 
  • I do feel that H2H as a first tie breaker is a bit shit, given that Poland have nothing to play for now.

Why not Goal Difference first?

Poland and Netherlands could win their last games 5-0 each, and it wont matter for the former because of one game, rather than three.
  • Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Right decision.
    Disagree
    Thought you liked them sticking with the refs call?
    But they didnt really make a decision did they. They passed the buck. Anyway, not going to get into an argument with one of the disciples about it.
    The flag literally went up. 

If there was no VAR the goal would've still been disallowed. 
    If there was no VAR the ref goes over to the linesman and they discuss who was in an offside position and the ref then decides if he was interfering. With VAR the flag goes up and they pass the buck. We then wait however long for someone to decide and the ref doesnt look at the screen to see for himself.

But hey, it's all about opinions. No reason to disallow it for me.
  • Having seen the replay, that's still a very harsh decision.

English VAR officials getting revenge on Koeman for the "do I not like that" game in 1993.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 22
    Sounds like Shaw might be flying home, although only reading that through GB News, so could yet be a load of crap.
  • Just arrived in Dusseldorf for 4 nights. Flew into Dortmund this morning which was absolutely heaving with Turkish fans who play there later. Hoping for a good trip 
  • Didn't mind us taking Shaw - it's a 26 man squad, you can have 2 for every position, 3 keepers and still have room for 3 'extras' so it was worth the risk.

But not taking another left footed left back as back-up given he had injury issues was daft.  Should have taken Mitchell - plays with Guehi too so there'd be some understanding there.

Trippier isn't working IMHO.  If we don't do anything radical (Saka at left wing back, for example), Gomez might be better than Trippier given he's played there all season.
  • Didn't mind us taking Shaw - it's a 26 man squad, you can have 2 for every position, 3 keepers and still have room for 3 'extras' so it was worth the risk.

But not taking another left footed left back as back-up given he had injury issues was daft.  Should have taken Mitchell - plays with Guehi too so there'd be some understanding there.

Trippier isn't working IMHO.  If we don't do anything radical (Saka at left wing back, for example), Gomez might be better than Trippier given he's played there all season.
    Yeah should have sacrificed Konsa or Gomez (the versatility) for another Left-Back really.
  • Still fancy France to win it. Kante at 25/1 for player of the tournament looks a decent bet IMO.

Another three matches to enjoy today. Hope they are better than yesterday’s three. 
  • Still fancy France to win it. Kante at 25/1 for player of the tournament looks a decent bet IMO.

Another three matches to enjoy today. Hope they are better than yesterday’s three. 
    Only really Netherlands v France was poor yesterday.  Austria v Poland was very attacking and exciting. 
  • lol!... Murphy stop being so reactive, you're looking stupid.

Once again there is an incident, this time being Georgia vs Czechia, he immediately shouts penalty, and thinks it should be given.

Sees the replay and mumbles: "Yeah maybe not"
  • Thank gawd for VAR:
    The ball rebounds off the Czech forward's face into the goal but clearly hits his arm before going over the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably the most simple handball you'll ever see given.

Why the hell was his arm out like that?
  • As a neutral this game is so enjoyable:
    It's a joy to see players get the ball and run forward with intent which the Georgian's do.
    The Czech had I believe 10 (estimate) shots on target in that half. 

Great watch.
  • Just back from Germany. My advice to anyone going out there is minimise any travel on German public transport, its shite. Doesn't matter if its match related or not, its crap. If you have to use it get your information from the DB app as there is nothing  helpful at stations and no one to ask. Build loads of flex in to your journey as there will be cancellations and delays. And get pissed and talk to loads of people =helps pass the time!
  • Poland out of England.

• Danny Murphy's back peddling on that penalty decision was faster than anything he did on the pitch. 
    He’s been going on about playing through the lines - just how he likes it.
  • As a neutral this game is so enjoyable:
    It's a joy to see players get the ball and run forward with intent which the Georgian's do.
    The Czech had I believe 10 (estimate) shots on target in that half. 

Great watch.
    Tbf I think on the whole the majority of teams have had that attitude (except England) and imo it has made this competition really enjoyable so far. The speed that teams try to break they win the ball in their own half they drive forward straight away whilst we would be on out 6th sideways/backwards pass allowing the opponents to get back into position 
  • What a miss at the death!
  • fenaddick said:
    What a miss at the death!
    Shocker
  • I can’t believe goal music is still a thing.