Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Sweat Sweating GIF - Sweat Sweating Nervous - Discover

Lukaku putting a bit of effort in at the very least - that much is obvious.
  • Cracking game this 
  • A mystery how it's still only 1-0 rather than 4-2.
  • edited June 22
    Wow... that offside was so tight!!

There are going to be genuine tears from Premier League fans and clubs, with this offside system next season, if there was a goal ruled out for that.
  • Wow... that offside was so tight!!

There are going to be genuine tears from Premier League fans and clubs, with this offside system next season, if there was a goal ruled out for that.

Can't wait  :D
  • KDB looked well off then.
  • edited June 22
    One round of games completed… if the groups were final at this moment in time, the round of 16 would look like this:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Germany(1A) v Denmark(2C)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

France(2D) v Slovakia(2E)

Romania(1E) v Slovenia(3C)

Netherlands(1D) v Portugal(2F)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Switzerland(2A) v Italy(2B)

Updated after two games played:

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

Portugal(1F) v Slovenia(3C)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

Romania(1E) v Albania(3B)

Netherlands(1D) v Turkey(2F)

England(1C) v Austria(3D)

• Sponsored links:

• Lukaku looked very good tonight. He doesn't always play like this, but surely is better than any of the other strikers Chelsea have played instead of him.
  • edited June 23
    No games until 8pm tomorrow or Monday. What a load of nonsense… :-)

Seriously though, they need to figure out how condense these final group games to be over three days rather than four… even if they means spreading the earlier games by an extra day somewhere instead. Going from 2 -> 5 -> 8 to a single kick off time, at 8, is too much!

Why isn’t the line drawn on the edge of the yellow sleeve?
  • One round of games completed… if the groups were final at this moment in time, the round of 16 would look like this:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

I don't fancy our chances of making the quarters looking at that.
  • shine166 said:

I think we need to know what's on on that flag to the left? Spankhand? Crankhand? Can't think of anything else it could be.

Why isn’t the line drawn on the edge of the yellow sleeve?
    It should be drawn on the boot because the area from the end of the sleeve to the shoulder is considered handball.
  • Back to England:

I’ve just read on the BBC about Wharton replacing AA. How accurate that may be is another matter.

It’s not easy to find the teamlists for the qualifiers so I was wondering if anyone remembers who played in that position in the qualifiers. I seem to remember Mainoo playing there in the last few games or was that just the friendlies?

I really don’t get all this confusion. First AA, now Wharton. Who was there before?. Was it Henderson at the start of qualifying, maybe Bellingham for a few games, finishing with Mainoo, or were we playing a different formation with Rice on his own?
  • Back to England:

I’ve just read on the BBC about Wharton replacing AA. How accurate that may be is another matter.

It’s not easy to find the teamlists for the qualifiers so I was wondering if anyone remembers who played in that position in the qualifiers. I seem to remember Mainoo playing there in the last few games or was that just the friendlies?

I really don’t get all this confusion. First AA, now Wharton. Who was there before?. Was it Henderson at the start of qualifying, maybe Bellingham for a few games, finishing with Mainoo, or were we playing a different formation with Rice on his own?
    We didn’t play 4-2-3-1 a huge amount, when we did sometimes it was TAA and sometimes Phillips. In a 4-3-3 it was Rice, TAA and Henderson/Gallagher (Bellingham must have been injured). Mainoo only came in for friendlies. The issue is we were qualifying against much weaker teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

I think we need to know what's on on that flag to the left? Spankhand? Crankhand? Can't think of anything else it could be.

🤚 wankhand
  • 🤦🏼‍♂️
    When a group of pals play “What can we do to make this flag shitter top trumps”
  • edited June 23
    One round of games completed… if the groups were final at this moment in time, the round of 16 would look like this:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

I get how the order of the third place teams is decided but why do we get Austria?
    Seems they (3D) could play Spain, 1E or 1C.
    So why is it 1C decided already?
  • fenaddick said:
    Back to England:

We didn’t play 4-2-3-1 a huge amount, when we did sometimes it was TAA and sometimes Phillips. In a 4-3-3 it was Rice, TAA and Henderson/Gallagher (Bellingham must have been injured). Mainoo only came in for friendlies. The issue is we were qualifying against much weaker teams.
    So the mistake was not picking Henderson and/or Phillips. This what you get for cricising the manager for picking his favourites and pressurising him to pick ’on form’ players. Wharton may be on form but he’s too high risk for my liking. With Henderson in there I’d feel assured.
  • WHAddick said:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

I get how the order of the third place teams is decided but why do we get Austria?
    It isn’t. I don’t know how they work it out but it definitely isn’t decided already.
  • Henderson wasn't fit and played poorly in a shit Ajax team. He's done
  • edited June 23
    WHAddick said:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

It isn't decided already, Callum was posting what the second round would look like if the groups finished now. It's quite likely it will look a whole lot different in a few days time.
  • Aside from the car crash of a flag, my mates all used to joke about the Millwall Charlton derbies. 
    Spend 90 mins yelling shit at each other…… then meet your mates at the pub after the game. Pretty much every social / friendship group in NW Kent has a blend of both Millwall and Charlton