Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    It was crocodile tears - not tears of someone having a mental health issue.
  • Options
    Excellent game so far - Romania will be gutted to fall behind after their fast start
  • Options
    From the original group stage draw:

England’s half contains England, a pot 4 team, a pot 3 team and three pot 2 teams.

The other half of the draw contains four pot 1 teams.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Algarve, Portugal won the penalty shoot out so no comparison but good sentiments and agree the two keepers were excellent.
    Costa doesn't just relax and smell the coffee when he is waiting to face a penalty, he has a record of 35% success rate (100% last night) in his international career which is not too shabby.

Edited: Just seen that Costa has saved 10 out of 24 penalties in his Pro career which puts him at 40+ %
    Blimey that is pure Ambrosia; or you can call it a Latte.
    Perhaps what I was getting at didn't come across. It was nothing to do with the penalties per-se, it was about the positive attitude of the fans towards winning and progressing. Portugal were poor, they were very lucky to take it to a shoot out, they have already lost to Georgia and their hero was a liability, but my friend (not untypical) is full of positivity about the team because they have done the job. No moaning that they have only played shit teams so far, and that they will lose to the first decent team they come across. We have not lost a game, we won without a shoot out and apparently according to many, Southgate (only the second man to take England to a major final) must go... 

My post was purely about the attitude of the fans, nothing else, Sam.       
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    you cant moan the other half is tough, when half those 'tough' teams are there because they were shit.

we are in exactly the place in the draw we were meant to be in.

Yeah by right we should have had France and Belgium in our half of the draw, along with facing Italy on Saturday.
  • Options
    How on earth are Netherlands winning 1-0, after that miss?
  • Options
    Missed the first few minutes, what is on Hagi's head?!

Is he an orange, or is he ribbed for your pleasure?
  • Options
    Good game this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What does Murphy mean... "He thinks he's offside'

There is bloody daylight between Gakpo and the Defender
  • Options
    Another clean offside check there and the right decision made
  • Options
    Another clean offside check there and the right decision made
    Much closer than it looked at first glance, makes the speed even more impressive

• Options
    MUCH better Dutch performance, but they can't get the second goal to kill the game off.
  • Options
    Ref has completely bottled that - no wonder Romanians are apoplectic
  • Options
    Didn't see the first half but the Dutch have absolutely dominated this second half. 

Interesting as well that Koeman seems to have left out a couple of more in-form players to go with ones who he thinks suit the team better. Take note Gareth!
  • Options
    Very poor goal to concede that, put your foot through it 
  • Options
    Holland look really good this game, probably the best RO16 display I've seen. I did miss the Spain game however so can't compare to that. 

Holland do have a very decent squad so it's not too surprising.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Dutch look okay Romania are shit tho, not tested the Dutch defensively after 15 mins.
  • Options
    Thats a beautiful goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What on earth are those loose shoes doing in the penalty area!
  • Options
    Dutch look okay Romania are shit tho, not tested the Dutch defensively after 15 mins.
    They barely had a kick second half because the Dutch were relentless and kept on attacking. 
  • Options
    First 7 games have probably all gone to form. All the talk is for Austria but i have a sneaking feeling that Turkey might upset the odds tonight.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    First 7 games have probably all gone to form. All the talk is for Austria but i have a sneaking feeling that Turkey might upset the odds tonight.
    You were saying...
  • Options
    What a start. Why can't these 2 teams just pass the ball around the back for 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Why are they running with the ball? 
  • Options
    Goalie had his hands stung with that pat out 
  • Options
    Love watching Turkey in these tournaments. Predictable chaos
  • Options
    Could work out very well for the Dutch if whoever wins tonight has a few players suspended for the QF.