Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    on Friday there are two 1/4 final games which would, under different circumstances, have made good finals: Spain/Germany and Portugal/France .. England will never have a better chance to advance given the totally unbalanced nature of the draw, mind you, the Swiss will not be easy opposition and the Dutch have come good at the right time, not to mention (lastly lol) the fanatical Turks
    The Euro QF shows how good the Euros are when held in a "proper" football country. 8 varying countries, with masses of support behind them.
  • Options
    England training with a back 3 today apparently. Wouldn't mind that personally
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Referee appointments for the quarter finals:

Spain v Germany - Anthony Taylor

Portugal v France - Michael Oliver

Saturday matches TBC
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Harry Kane getting his wish to play in a deeper role, by playing as a CB.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    fenaddick said:
    Interesting to see who gets the nod if so with Guehi’s suspension. Walker, Stones, Konsa? Trent and Saka at wing back?
  • Options

Saturday matches TBC
    English referees arent all that then ;)
  • Options

Saturday matches TBC
    English referees arent all that then ;)
    The other teams will soon realise that the only way to prevent an English referee cocking up the final, is to let England keep winning and thus prevent this happening  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that Luke Shaw was meant to be the player in front of media for today, but they switched to Toney at the last minute. 

Wonder if that means Shaw is going to feature against Switzerland. Seems odd otherwise to have a player who will definitely not play speak to the press before an important game.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Stuff like this annoys me. Why are our press releasing this info 3 days before a game so the Swiss can now plan ahead for it? Fucking idiots.

If i was the England press officer, i'd be banning the journo's who have made this public.
    I would imagine the press officers were part of the leaks in the first place
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Interesting to see who gets the nod if so with Guehi’s suspension. Walker, Stones, Konsa? Trent and Saka at wing back?
    Walker, Stones, Konsa seems nailed on. Wing backs depend on if we play 352 or 343. I wouldn't be surprised to have Trent and Trippier at wing backs with Bellingham in the 6 and the same front 3 we've seen. I'd prefer 352 but it wouldn't be very Southgate
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Stuff like this annoys me. Why are our press releasing this info 3 days before a game so the Swiss can now plan ahead for it? Fucking idiots.

If i was the England press officer, i'd be banning the journo's who have made this public.
    It would have been an open training day with press from all countries welcome.

it could be that they have done it on that day so it’s reported and the Swiss don’t know how you’ll set up or it could be that they did it so it looks to the fans and critics that he’s open to switching it up when in fact he has no fucking intention of making any changes that aren’t forced upon him through suspension and injury.
  • Options
    Spain have never beaten the host nation of a World Cup or Euros in nine attempts.

Tenth time lucky against Germany tomorrow?
  • Options
    Bellingham has been handed a suspended ban, and a fine of 30k euros
  • Options

Pleased to hear that as I thought he had dropped a bollock with that gesture; possibly two.
  • Options
    Imo he can consider himself lucky, a stupid and inappropriate thing to do in front of a crowd so the fact it was also televised at an international tournament just makes it even worse 

I don’t think he should have been banned but he gave them an opportunity to do it 
  • Options

Τurkey defender Merih Demiral is to be banned for two games by UEFA following a gesture he made during his side’s last-16 win against Austria on Tuesday and will miss Saturday’s Euro 2024 quarter-final against Netherlands.

The 26-year-old centre back scored twice in a 2-1 win over the Austrians to send his side into the last eight for the first time since 2008, and celebrated by making a “wolf” gesture with his fingers.

The gesture is linked to the “Grey Wolves,” an ultra-nationalist youth branch of Turkey’s Nationalist Movement Party (MHP), which is an ally of President Tayyip Erdogan’s ruling AK Party.

“The symbols of Turkish right-wing extremists have no place in our stadiums,” Germany’s Interior Minister Nancy Faeser said in a post on X, and UEFA subsequently opened a disciplinary case against Demiral.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was just a fine not a suspension? 
  • Options
    edited July 5
    Thought it was just a fine not a suspension? 
    One match suspended ban, lasts for a year I think. 
  • Options
    Imo he can consider himself lucky, a stupid and inappropriate thing to do in front of a crowd so the fact it was also televised at an international tournament just makes it even worse 

I don’t think he should have been banned but he gave them an opportunity to do it 
    If he hadn't been such a major star, I wonder if the ban wouldn't have been suspended...
  • Options
    looking forward to todays 2 games, think Germany / France  might both make it through 
  • Options

If he hadn't been such a major star, I wonder if the ban wouldn't have been suspended...
    He's been very lucky, especially given how they've come down hard on the Turkish player.
  • Options
    looking forward to todays 2 games, think Germany / France  might both make it through 
    I think Spain have looked better, but fancy the Germans to go through today
  • Options

He's been very lucky, especially given how they've come down hard on the Turkish player.
    Come on they aren’t equivalent. One was a bit stupid and the other was a Far Right symbol. Not the same at all
  • Options
    I'm going Spain, France (I'd tip Portugal if they dropped Ronaldo), Switzerland and Netherlands.

But then I thought Austria were going to reach the final, so don't listed to me.
  • Options
    Spain, France, England, Holland for me.
  • Options
    edited July 5
    Germany - France - England - Netherlands

England were the one Nation I predicted wrongly for the 2022 World Cup semi-finals, so hopefully they dont let me down again this time.