Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant ending, on a wet surface and slippery ball, best save I’ve seen for a long time
  • Options
    what a save
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Shades of Petterson against Palace

https://youtu.be/r24P0b9Pvl8?si=vUM_V_oqh39hgffD
  • Options
    What an incredible save that was
  • Options
    That bloke will be a hero in Turkey
  • Options
    Brilliant ending, on a wet surface and slippery ball, best save I’ve seen for a long time
    Proper tournament football 
  • Options
    https://x.com/galaconttext/status/1808242761738736097?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

Can you imagine Sam Matterface going this mental over Jordan Pickford?
  • Options
    First time I’ve watched the match analysis on ITV.

What a shocker of a panel. 

Every single one of them should be nowhere near a TV camera.

• Options

Hilarious how they stuck the 6’5 bloke closest to the camera as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very much their B team panel though. The main matches have Wright, Neville and Keane.
  • Options

Very much their B team panel though. The main matches have Wright, Neville and Keane.
    That A team is a decent panel, but there must be many dozens of articulate, knowledgeable ex pros that would make a better B team than what I saw tonight.
  • Options
    Mendieta might be a great pundit if he's speaking Spanish. And I didn't realise he was five foot nothing.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    This is a decent game this. Very open and Turkey not even thinking about parking the bus and looking to get forward at every chance. 
    Let’s hope Southgate is taking notes!
    He probably was, and I think we would beat them.

I’m far more concerned about Switzerland than Turkey.
  • Options
    Also looking at the odds in our half of the draw:

England 4/1
    Holland 7/1
    Switzerland 16/1
    Turkey 33/1

No idea what games the bookies have been watching but those odds seem pretty wild.
  • Options
    Looking at the save, it's obviously a good save, especially given the timing and the circumstances but is it just me who feels that you'd be disappointed if he conceded it? It bounced up at a nice height, not too far from him. Great reaction but seems a fairly routine save to me. 

Seen some people referring to it as similar to Gordon Banks, absolutely no chance!
    Nah, it was incredible. The guy's 5 yards out and headed it down and to one side and he's kept it out somehow. I'm all for saying keepers and saves are generally overhyped but that one wasn't
  • Options
    That was quite near him , if I don’t save that I’d have the hump 
  • Options
    England's odds will always be lower than some of us might think they should be because in England, more people will bet on England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England's odds will always be lower than some of us might think they should be because in England, more people will bet on England.

That used to be the case, not as much now with the global nature of online betting.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    bobmunro said:

That used to be the case, not as much now with the global nature of online betting.

Bob, This is the very question I asked my son that are the odds we see for this Euro's to do with the global money coming on for England, some Algorithms that have worked out England get to WC semi and Euro finals recently or the guys with math's degrees who for some companies work from Gibraltar ?

I say Gibraltar because a manager from my local coral's (just before it shut) was offered a job in Gibraltar and he had a math's degree. Not sure if that's just Coral's that are stuck between a rock and a hard place 🤔
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Leuth said:
    Looking at the save, it's obviously a good save, especially given the timing and the circumstances but is it just me who feels that you'd be disappointed if he conceded it? It bounced up at a nice height, not too far from him. Great reaction but seems a fairly routine save to me. 

Seen some people referring to it as similar to Gordon Banks, absolutely no chance!
    Nah, it was incredible. The guy's 5 yards out and headed it down and to one side and he's kept it out somehow. I'm all for saying keepers and saves are generally overhyped but that one wasn't
    Good reactions yes but it was really close to him. His hand is on the ball and his right foot hasn't even left the ground. Pretty much the perfect height as well.

If it's a yard further to his right he's got no chance.

Getting the ball is one thing, being able to push the ball around the post elevates the save significantly. Plus it's the timing and importance of the save too.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Good reactions yes but it was really close to him. His hand is on the ball and his right foot hasn't even left the ground. Pretty much the perfect height as well.

Getting the ball is one thing, being able to push the ball around the post elevates the save significantly. Plus it's the timing and importance of the save too.
    Which i did acknowledge in my original post. But i still think you'd be disappointed if your keeper concedes it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It was the reaction time too though, he had to get that arm out so quickly.  Really good save.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I think there are four things that made Banks' save more difficult and therefore more impressive: the speed of Pele's header, its direction (right in the bottom corner), the height of the ball at the point Banks saved it and the distance both keepers had to move. The last is particularly significant - Banks had a lot of ground to make up in a split second. The Turkish keeper's save was excellent but it was closer to his standing position. He reached it at full stretch and I agree a yard further he would not have made it but Banks did.      
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If the header went straight there, would expect him to save it/get hand to it, but the header went down and bounced up which is what elevated this save for me
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Is that true?
    In France for example there are no betting shops and betclic are the biggest online provider. Do betclic’s algorithms impact Coral’s and Bet365's?

Isn’t it like streaming services? Deezer is the most popular in France and the number of likes for a song or band doesn’t influence the algorithms on Spotify, does it?
  • Options
    on Friday there are two 1/4 final games which would, under different circumstances, have made good finals: Spain/Germany and Portugal/France .. England will never have a better chance to advance given the totally unbalanced nature of the draw, mind you, the Swiss will not be easy opposition and the Dutch have come good at the right time, not to mention (lastly lol) the fanatical Turks