Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Depay is the sort of forward who needs 6 chances to get one on target and 10 to score. It's really difficult to see how his record matches his performances. 
  • Croydon said:
    I'd rather face the Netherlands than Turkey in the semi final, though for the neutral Turkey would provide a much better game.
    Not sure if Turkey's all out attack would suit us or not 
    They equally knew how to defend though, e.g. Austria
  • Croydon said:
    I'd rather face the Netherlands than Turkey in the semi final, though for the neutral Turkey would provide a much better game.
    You'd hope it would create gaps we'd actually run or pass into. Saka could have a field day
  • fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    You'd hope it would create gaps we'd actually run or pass into. Saka could have a field day
    More likely we will stifle the game and suck the life out of it, drag them down to our level
  • edited July 6
    1-1 - Netherlands finally find an equaliser... this isnt over though
  • Another game going to Extra Time?
  • Dutch are well on top here now, if you were to predict a winner you'd have to say them.
  • Maybe not.
  • And there it is, what a turnaround.
  • What the hell was that for a goal?
  • Sponsored links:

• That ball across for their 2nd goal reminds me of the ball for Purrington’s at Wembley
  • If only Turkey had connected with that loose save from the Dutch, which they managed to scramble clear - Really should have been 2-0
  • Was that Gakpo or an oggy?
  • Oh Turkey really have had their chances to get something here
    Fantasy football gave it to Gakpo, and he's on my team so I'm hoping him 
  • edited July 6
    Is it just me or is seemingly everything getting given as a foul in this tournament. Feels like a non contact sport at tiems
  • Fuck me what a ball and what a save
  • edited July 6
    Kin hell... What a save from the Dutch Goalkeeper

Finally getting a decent game in the Quarters
  • How have Turkey not scored?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking finish to the game this.
  • Turkey getting so many good crosses on the overlap in.
  • Whoever we play, it'll certainly be a very different game to the previous 5, I can't see either of these holding back
  • The end of this game has been absolutely mental. Love it.
  • sam3110 said:
    Was that Gakpo or an oggy?
    Fantasy football gave it to Gakpo, and he's on my team so I'm hoping him 
    OG, sorry pal
    Gone down as an Og
  • edited July 6
    Damn... Was hoping we'd avoid the Netherlands

Never like playing them

Equally glad to see Turkey gone, they've been such a dirty team, and given the history our fans have with theirs... I could have seen something ending nasty.
  • sam3110 said:
    Whoever we play, it'll certainly be a very different game to the previous 5, I can't see either of these holding back
    In theory yes, but the Dutch will be wary of the threat we have (at times) going forward, so accordingly they probably won't go so attacking as they have been in their recent games. Let's not forget they had a 0-0 bore draw with France in their group.
  • sam3110 said:
    Whoever we play, it'll certainly be a very different game to the previous 5, I can't see either of these holding back
    In theory yes, but the Dutch will be wary of the threat we have (at times) going forward, so accordingly they probably won't go so attacking as they have been in their recent games. Let's not forget they had a 0-0 bore draw with France in their group.
    they also went gung-ho against Austria and lost 3-2
  • edited July 6
    England and Netherlands have met twice in the European Championships

Group Stages (1988) - England 1-3 Netherlands
    Was the year that the Netherlands went on to win the Tournament

Group Stages (1996) - England 4-1 Netherlands

We've also met in the Group Stages of the World Cup (1990) when we drew 0-0, and the Nations League Semi-Finals (2019), we lost 3-1 (AET)